Do you believe America has gotten even for 9/11?

No.

In fact I think Bin Laden won the "war on terror."

He sat sipping tea in Pakistan, and while Bush bankrupted America.

First, even in Laden was actually responsible for it (the possibility that it was someone else is still present) he got a lot more out of us attacking him than we could ever get.

Terror is the rule by fear, attacking someone is another manifestation of fear, therefore we gave him what he wanted. If he wasn't responsible that's a lot of publicity without ever having to lift a finger, so that makes it our own stupidity.

not until Bush and cheney and rumsfield hang..

Lets not forget he (Bush) didn't ask for it nor did he start it. See he started his first 4 years with a heap of shit dropped in his lap and I believe it didn't help the situation we are in today either and probably contributed a great deal.

We should have just dropped a bomb it would have been cheaper and shorter. We aren't liked anyway and no longer feared.

Lets not forget he (Bush) didn't ask for it nor did he start it. See he started his first 4 years with a heap of shit dropped in his lap and I believe it didn't help the situation we are in today either and probably contributed a great deal.

We should have just dropped a bomb it would have been cheaper and shorter. We aren't liked anyway and no longer feared.

don't be crazy of course he asked for it ever read pnac..I bet they did..and besides bin laden is a old CIA man from way back ..freind of the family as well

Sheesh ... and this thread turns into yet another win for the terrorists. Bush isn't to blame for 9-11, but he sure was an idiot in handling it. Laden may or may not have caused it, but it was an attack. How do you win against terrorism? The answer is easier than most of you seem to realize, you rebuild, mourn the dead, and move on. Otherwise you are playing into their hands.

Sheesh ... and this thread turns into yet another win for the terrorists. Bush isn't to blame for 9-11, but he sure was an idiot in handling it. Laden may or may not have caused it, but it was an attack. How do you win against terrorism? The answer is easier than most of you seem to realize, you rebuild, mourn the dead, and move on. Otherwise you are playing into their hands.

ahhhhhh turn the other cheek !! How Christian!

ahhhhhh turn the other cheek !! How Christian!

No, it's logic. Terrorism about using fear to get attention or power, thus the root of the word 'terror'. When you run or attack you are showing the fear they want, which only gives them cause to continue or even increase (the current increase of terrorist attacks across the globe we are witnessing right now). However, like with all bullies, the best thing to do is not let them get you scared. Show them you are stronger by doing no more than defending yourself. By taking the offense all we have done is shown them all that we are scared, and if the great US is scared then all the countries must be to, thus they have increased their attacks. The main reason attacking us directly is still rare is because it uses more resources than they have ever had. It took years of planning and preparing just for each attack on US soil as it was. They are too far and we have always been too alert for them to do it cheaply. But because of our stupidity we are to blame for the rise in terrorist activities in other countries closer to the largest groups.

"Do you believe America has gotten even for 9/11?"

NO

Further, I don't see it as just getting even, I see it as an on going battle which we are in, along with many other nations across the globe. One which must be countered in many different ways, from education to the battle field.

"Do you believe America has gotten even for 9/11?"

NO

Further, I don't see it as just getting even, I see it as an on going battle which we are in, along with many other nations across the globe. One which must be countered in many different ways, from education to the battle field.

Terrorists LOVE your type, they feed off you so I guess we will not see the end of it any century soon if more people are that ignorant.

Terrorists LOVE your type, they feed off you so I guess we will not see the end of it any century soon if more people are that ignorant.
terrorists love the type that fight back??

no, i would say they love YOUR type more
sit there and pretend that if you dont do anything they will leave you alone

terrorists love the type that fight back??

no, i would say they love YOUR type more
sit there and pretend that if you dont do anything they will leave you alone

*rolls eyes* You need to either learn English or study terrorism more. Also I said defend instead of attack, that's not sitting there, it's just not giving them the focus of attention. It keeps the attention on the victims, terrorists LOVE attention, so when you go attack them you are putting all eyes on them as well. But if you just close up the borders a bit tighter all you do is allow the tragedy of their attack to be taken care of and they lose the attention they want.

*rolls eyes* You need to either learn English or study terrorism more. Also I said defend instead of attack, that's not sitting there, it's just not giving them the focus of attention. It keeps the attention on the victims, terrorists LOVE attention, so when you go attack them you are putting all eyes on them as well. But if you just close up the borders a bit tighter all you do is allow the tragedy of their attack to be taken care of and they lose the attention they want.
defending, is just waiting for it to come to you

defending, is just waiting for it to come to you

Which is not what the terrorists want. They want us afraid, there are two actions caused by fear: running and attacking. Holding ones ground is neither. Terror = fear, terrorism = use of fear to control. If we show no fear and hold our ground then they, like bullies, will often turn tail and run. If we flee or attack, thus showing fear to the bully, they become bolder and stronger. So your attacking out of fear has only given them strength.

Which is not what the terrorists want. They want us afraid, there are two actions caused by fear: running and attacking. Holding ones ground is neither. Terror = fear, terrorism = use of fear to control. If we show no fear and hold our ground then they, like bullies, will often turn tail and run. If we flee or attack, thus showing fear to the bully, they become bolder and stronger. So your attacking out of fear has only given them strength.
hmmm, really?
we were doing so much against them before 9/11 i guess

:rolleyes:
what you are wanting was what we were doing BEFORE 9/11

worked so wonderfully

hmmm, really?
we were doing so much against them before 9/11 i guess

:rolleyes:
what you are wanting was what we were doing BEFORE 9/11

worked so wonderfully

No, they saw a chance in Bush to get more attention to their cause, due to the speeches he gave and his use of religious statements they knew he would react with violence and fear. The reason they had to wait was Bush Sr. and Clinton didn't make those mistakes, as well as others before them. They also saw the weakness in his lack of leadership and the slight fracturing in the US due to it. They predicted a retaliation, wanted it, and got it. That is what terrorists want, and we handed it to them on a silver platter.

Forum List

Back