Do you agree with Buchanan?

some people get things correcct once in awhile.

They both have racism in there support structure though

I've agreed with Pat Buchanan a time or two...but not when it comes to race. I do agree with this that he said:

U.S. dominance of the Middle East is not the corrective to terror. It is a cause of terror. Were we not over there, the 9/11 terrorists would not have been over here.
I certainly agree with Pat on that.

Maybe I'm missing something here.
I have seen many Libs on this site
gleeful that the Hispanic population
will outnumber the White folks in America.
They go on to say that the GOP is missing out
on all those future votes.

Now these same Libs are going to torch
my buddy Pat.

I'm here for you Pat.
Booo on MSNBC.

Buchanan is potentially correct in his assessment. This is why it is so important that we make certain the Hispanic population is well educated. Obviously we should want everyone to be well educated, but the fact is that eventually, Hispanics will become the largest minority block in this country with no majority. If they are not well educated and Americanized, we do run the risk of turning into a larger version of Mexico.

The problem I see from the right is the idea that we can just send them all back to Mexico or wherever they came from because they are all illegals. Unfortunately, those who think along these lines are not thinking logically or realistically, because no matter what we do, we are not deporting 20 million or so Hispanics, and thinking that we ever will is our biggest mistake.

Hannity interjected, asking Buchanan how anyone could interpret his comment to mean anything other than an attack on minorities. He tried to give Buchanan a way out by offering up the traditional “Judeo-Christian values” line for him to grab ahold of, but Buchanan stuck to his guns and argued that there is inherent political danger when there is no majority white identity for American society to cling to.

A perceived political danger to conservatives, perhaps, many of whom use race and ethnicity as a wedge issue and political weapon, such as Buchanan.

What Buchanan fails to understand is that the principles of American law and governance transcend race and ethnicity, the rule of law and the Constitution will ensure a consistent application of justice and liberty to all Americans, regardless their race or ethnicity.

He's been consistent over the years, but it seems to me he's made a career out of being afraid of things.

He’s made a career of making others needlessly afraid of things, in an attempt to realize some perceived political advantage.

He's 100 percent right...Why change something good?

The change is naturally occurring and inevitable, nothing can be done to stop it.

Or are you proposing someone try…

I have agreed with Mr. Buchannan at times. But never on his racial views. I find race to be a completely irrelevant factor in life. It doesnt matter. So why make it about race when problems we have are not racial but cultural and idealogical?

Doesnt matter what race someone is, if they follow natural law they benefit from it and if they fight it, they don't.

Maybe I'm missing something here.
I have seen many Libs on this site
gleeful that the Hispanic population
will outnumber the White folks in America.
They go on to say that the GOP is missing out
on all those future votes.

Now these same Libs are going to torch
my buddy Pat.

I'm here for you Pat.
Booo on MSNBC.

Sure...there are like a bazillion libs who like to see that happen. (in your mind)

A Fake Enemy even when you fear it....Is still fake

Yea, I saw that e-mail from TP, too......
:lol:

Anyone that doesn't know that Pat is representative of only the very fringe of RW extremists needs to be watching MSNBC

:cuckoo:

I have agreed with Mr. Buchannan at times. But never on his racial views. I find race to be a completely irrelevant factor in life. It doesnt matter. So why make it about race when problems we have are not racial but cultural and idealogical?

Doesnt matter what race someone is, if they follow natural law they benefit from it and if they fight it, they don't.

What the hell does that mean? Specifically with examples, please.

MSNBC liked Buchanan because he was a right winger who hated Bush consistantly, probalby going back to when Daddy Bush disrepsected him in the Reagan years. As in, "Why do we keep this crazy Nazi around the office?"

The problem with Buchanan is that he sees race as something that is actually meaningful. Sorry, I work on a team with two Asians (one of them married to a white guy) a black woman, and two white women. You know what, at the end of the day, we are all worried about the same things. It isn't like they are strange aliens who aren't all in the same boat.

Now, I respect that fact that Pat was one of the few guys who saw the dangers of Free Trade when everyone else was drinking the koolaid. But he tinged his views with this rather nasty racism that discredited his valid points of view.

I agree with Pat about freedom of speech and speech in the sunlight. I think he misrepresents media matters and others who criticize right wing spin and deception. Pointing out that someone is misrepresenting things is not an attempt at censorship.

But Pat has always seen America through the lens of race. He and his brothers grew up in D.C.

Hannity gave Pat a way out by suggesting he use coded arguments like 'judeo-christian' values

Pat Buchanan helped make today's GOP. Started with his race baiting during the Nixon years.

and like I said before, Hannity and the new breed play the same game, only using coded phrases about religious or cultural values...as if blacks and latinos have values that are anathema to good and true Americans

Last edited:

Pat Buchanan helped make today's GOP. Started with his race baiting during the Nixon years.

and like I said before, Hannity and the new breed play the same game, only using coded phrases about religious or cultural values...as if blacks and latinos have values that are anathema to good and true Americans

Your decoder ring is broken

:cuckoo:

What makes you think blacks and latinos and not other races don't also have bad values? Are you some sort of racist?:tongue:

What makes you think blacks and latinos and not other races don't also have bad values? Are you some sort of racist?:tongue:

I don't think anyone needs instructions (about bad values), from any....

My feeling is this, Hispanics are going to clue into the fact that kids cost money and take a heck of a lot of responsibility to raise, and like whites and blacks, will learn that having fewer kids will make it easier to raise them and pay for them.

Especially if democrats convince the Catholics to let them get abortions. (eye roll of disgust)

Anathema to the GOP

My feeling is this, Hispanics are going to clue into the fact that kids cost money and take a heck of a lot of responsibility to raise, and like whites and blacks, will learn that having fewer kids will make it easier to raise them and pay for them.

Especially if democrats convince the Catholics to let them get abortions. (eye roll of disgust)

blacks have fewer kids? Where, in the lily white middle class hood you live in?

Forum List

Back