Do you agree Whites and Blacks need to discuss race with each other more?

Do you agree Whites and Blacks need to discuss race more?

• Yes

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

nia588

Aug 30, 2008
Philly
I've notice a lot of ignorance coming from whites about blacks and blacks about whites on this forum. Some of the ideas people spout about other races is quite shocking to me. Some of the stuff makes me feel like we have gone no where in improving race relations.

I think part of the problem is whites simply do not discuss race with blacks. and blacks do not discuss race with whites. I think if whites and blacks would be more open to discussing race with each we wouldn't have the amount of stereotypes and ignorant ideas floating around.

Last edited:
no they don't it usually becomes a shouting match. Are you watching Washington? I think your poll should have a not sure!

There will always be racism, no amount of talking about it will change it. From my experiences, I've found that blacks are far more racist than whites.

No, what's the point on discussing race with each other? Race should not be a factor in any facet of anyone's life. Everyone should be treated equally. If you treat people of another race badly, no amount of talking is going to change your attitude toward that race.

I've notice a lot of ignorance coming from whites about blacks and blacks about whites on this forum. Some of the ideas people spout about other races is quite shocking to me. Some of the stuff makes me feel like we have gone no where in improving race relations.

I think part of the problem is whites simply do not discuss race with blacks. and blacks do not discuss race with whites. I think if whites and blacks would be more open to discussing race with each we wouldn't have the amount of stereotypes and ignorant ideas floating around.

What exactly signifies "good" 'race'-relations to you?

From a white pov, what's the point ? It usually turns into the same type of "woe is me" fest and what not. There's not point to it.

I think we need more honest and understanding discussions on race.

I have interracially dated and there is a LOT of ignorance about races across races.

There will always be racism, no amount of talking about it will change it. From my experiences, I've found that blacks are far more racist than whites.

After what White people did to blacks during Slavery, and the krap they still do to black people today, can you blaime black people for being anti white racists?
I don't blaime black people for not liking whites, I blaime the White people that induced
that hatfull mindset in black people.Think about it before you all respond.!!

At some people might actually realize that we're seperated more by socio-economics than we are by race, religion, nationality or any other nonsense that pits us against each other.

After what White people did to blacks during Slavery, and the krap they still do to black people today, can you blaime black people for being anti white racists?
I don't blaime black people for not liking whites, I blaime the White people that induced

What a load of what the bull left in the pasture!! Get over it already. NONE of what happened 150 years ago happened to you or any of your homies. Very very few of the people you meet on a day to day basis had ancestors that were slave owners. As far as what the whites are doing to blacks today...just what would that be? You have the same rights as anyone. It's not anyone's fault but your own that you choose to live in a perpetual state of victimhood and won't do for yourself. Sorry...but I or no one else owes you a damn thing.

What a load of what the bull left in the pasture!! Get over it already. NONE of what happened 150 years ago happened to you or any of your homies. Very very few of the people you meet on a day to day basis had ancestors that were slave owners. As far as what the whites are doing to blacks today...just what would that be? You have the same rights as anyone. It's not anyone's fault but your own that you choose to live in a perpetual state of victimhood and won't do for yourself. Sorry...but I or no one else owes you a damn thing.

Well there are a lot more bulls to be had with 52nd. A whole cattle drive. I mean he does this same thing a lot. :lol:

I feel fortunate to have had many black friends in college (73-77). We openly discussed race issues and sometimes attended each others' social functions. We accepted and respected our cultural differences.

A group of us went to a basketball game, and during the National Anthem our black friends remained seated chanting "not 'till we're free!" The rest of us stood in quiet respect to the Flag. That was it- we were all cool.

Did you forget that it was blacks that sold blacks into slavery in the first place. and that it was white men that freed the slaves and gave them equal rights? As a matter of fact gave them more than equal rights. Whites have actually bent over backwards to acommodate blacks. And you do realize the white slaveholders only represented a small fraction (less than 10 percent) of whites in America? And you do relaize that there were many (over 3000) black slave owners? But now at least we know why you hate white people.

You really should learn how to spell, your butchering of the english language doesn't help your cause and it makes you look ignorant (which I happen to think you are).

Last edited:

so you are content to hate white people for what happened 145 years ago, and I bet you teach that hate to all your children? no reason for you to ever interact with another white person. you should segregate yourself from society.

Great Post Dixie

How bout we discuss real problems and stop making economics, politics, and everything else into a 'race issue'?

I agree with JB :eek: :lol:

It really doesn't matter. Blacks always use the "race card" if things don't seem to be going their way with whatever the issue. It used to shut people up because they didn't want to be labeled as a "racist" but just like the boy who kept yelling "Wolf", it has become a worn-out meaningless defense and tends to piss people off instead of make them take a step back and be silent these days. To me, it just shows ignorance on the part of blacks when they play the race card. The term "racist" has been worn out by inappropriate use.

Last edited:
There is no need to discuss it.Just threat your neighbor as you want to be threated and go on with your day.

Forum List

Back