Do you agree (or disagree) with this Trump statement ?

“The law’s totally on my side, meaning, the president can’t have a conflict of interest.”

— Donald Trump, interview with the New York Times,Nov. 22, 2016

Basically, paraphrasing Nixon, Trump is stating that the president is above the law.
No, it means his lawyer has researched the issue and there is no Federal law directly on point.

It has nothing in common with Nixon's obstruction of justice.

******************************SNOWFLAKE CONSTRUCTION THREAD*************************

Plz yield for SNOWFLAKE tears, meltdowns, peepee in corners, regular diaper changes, new play-doh toys and for Gad's sake , everyone gets a trophy!

President Trump is precisely that... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES.. WE WON. *grinz... See how that works?

Yeah, the Obamabots were perfectly fine with Hussein being above the law. But now they're suddenly so concerned with the issue. Pretty convenient, no? But hey i just tell em, too bad. It's Trump's turn to be above the law. They're just gonna have to deal with that. He has the pen and phone now.

I remember here on this forum alone how they crowed when we brought up Odumbo acting like a King with his mighty pen... they not only didn't give a damn but applauded it.. FUCK EVERY LIBERAL here and anywhere who now has a problem with it.. PAYBACK TIME BIATCHES.

“The law’s totally on my side, meaning, the president can’t have a conflict of interest.”

Basically, paraphrasing Nixon, Trump is stating that the president is above the law.
It is funny how you all can't accept laws. So question to you, is he right? You never actually answered. Why start a thread and not respond to your own thread? Are you silly?

Obama was not a millionaire when he came into office, now he is worth something North of $7m. His eight year salary does not equate to that total. Question: How did he gain his wealth in office?

Obama's worth has been attained through book sales; royalties.

No, Trump is stating a fact. The president is not covered under federal conflict of interest laws. The office of president is excluded in the law. Further, we have never had a president with such far reaching financial assets.

He can still be impeached for taking advantage of his conflicts, however. So technically, he's wrong.

No, Trump is stating a fact. The president is not covered under federal conflict of interest laws. The office of president is excluded in the law. Further, we have never had a president with such far reaching financial assets.

In other words, screw all those ethics and let Trump do whatever he could possibly want to increase his fortune.....after all, the sheep who voted for him are ripe for the slaughter.

No dumbass, you asked if I agreed or disagreed with Trump's statement. He was factually correct. You can't seem to grasp that.

Obama was not a millionaire when he came into office, now he is worth something North of $7m. His eight year salary does not equate to that total. Question: How did he gain his wealth in office?
BHO will write a book and 37.7 million Negroes will buy and read it.

That's at least $37.7 million right there -- way north of $7.

******************************SNOWFLAKE CONSTRUCTION THREAD*************************

Plz yield for SNOWFLAKE tears, meltdowns, peepee in corners, regular diaper changes, new play-doh toys and for Gad's sake , everyone gets a trophy!

President Trump is precisely that... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES.. WE WON. *grinz... See how that works?

Yeah, the Obamabots were perfectly fine with Hussein being above the law. But now they're suddenly so concerned with the issue. Pretty convenient, no? But hey i just tell em, too bad. It's Trump's turn to be above the law. They're just gonna have to deal with that. He has the pen and phone now.

I remember here on this forum alone how they crowed when we brought up Odumbo acting like a King with his mighty pen... they not only didn't give a damn but applauded it.. FUCK EVERY LIBERAL here and anywhere who now has a problem with it.. PAYBACK TIME BIATCHES.

Yes, and Hussein himself often boasted about not needing Congress and having his pen & phone. So i agree, it is payback time. Trump is above the law now. And that's that.

You know we can easily find out BECAUSE OBAMA ACTUALLY RELEASES HIS TAX RETURNS.

In other words, screw all those ethics and let Trump do whatever he could possibly want to increase his fortune.....after all, the sheep who voted for him are ripe for the slaughter.

No dumbass, you asked if I agreed or disagreed with Trump's statement. He was factually correct. You can't seem to grasp that.

I'm white as casper and I read it.

Yo, why not make that statement? After watching "Obama break the Laws of the Land" for 8 years, Love It!!!

"GTP"
animated-bugs-bunny-image-0011.gif

Some of the same old do as I say not as I do libturd ironies!

giphy.gif

Poor old bat... "Trump" isn't even President yet.. Go put your teeth back in and take your lithium.. Goofy biatch

Above what passes for right wing "intelligentsia"........(kid of befits the Trusmpsters' intelligence quotient)

I'm white as casper and I read it.
Morons don't count nor do pop up books sugar titz..

Some of the same old do as I say not as I do libturd ironies!

giphy.gif
It's amazing to me why libturds don't have smashed faces from running into walls cause they can't see past their own noses

You know we can easily find out BECAUSE OBAMA ACTUALLY RELEASES HIS TAX RETURNS.
How do you know?

What? How do we know he released his returns?

Because HE RELEASED THEM, NUMNUTS!

Forum List

Back