Do you accept Fact Check as reputable source?

I have stuck my foot in my mouth on more than one occasion largely due to poor information. Do most people consider Fact Check as a reputable source of information? If not, is there a non bias source of facts so when I do get involved with a thread I have sound facts? I also use the government official web sites which I am a little concerned about. Thanking you in advance for your input.
everyone has an agenda. The ones who claim to not, often have the biggest desire to trick you. Trust no one implicitly.

you are such a dope, really. so, in your opinion the Ford Foundation is right too?Annenberg died in 2002 his wife several years ago. its a trust dummie.

do you know who for instance, Kathleen Hall Jamieson is?

McCarthy Center hosts Kathleen Hall Jamieson as scholar-in-residence ? CSB/SJU

You mean her? So. What's the point?

*sigh*

Kathleen Hall Jamieson
Director, Annenberg Public Policy Center

Dr. Kathleen Jamieson, Elizabeth Ware Packard Professor at the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania, has written extensively on the press, politics and presidential campaigns. Her research into deceptive political TV ads produced techniques that are now in common use in TV “adwatch” stories. Among the many books she has authored are: “Dirty Politics: Deception, Distraction, and Democracy” (Oxford University Press, 1992) and “Everything You Think You Know About Politics…and Why You’re Wrong” (Basic Books, 2000).

FactCheck.org : About Us

Echo Chamber: Rush Limbaugh and the Conservative Media Establishment
Paperback: $13.46 Kindle Edition: $9.87
January 15, 2010

among 'others', non so pejorative ala the left. Notice it wasn't mentioned among her bio there?

Factcheck is only acceptable when it supports my opinion.:laugh2:

That's true. We don't agree with the opinions of others; we simply agree with our own opinions expressed by others. :)

Opinions aren't "facts". Unless you're a Republican.

whats the matter dean? no comment?

Fact check I believe is a project of the Annenberg group that started out as a non partisan and objective organization but has drifted left over the years. Barack Obama and Bill Ayers were both on one of their boards of directors at one time and that alone should raise a red flag or two.

I have found, however, Fact Check to be pretty reliable in matters that are absolutely cut and dried whether right or left. Less so in areas more subjectibve. I do have them on my resource list.

First, I read what they say.

Then, I ferret out the slant placed on facts.

Finally, I look for what they don't say, search for wiggle words and suppositions.

Pretty much, it's a full time occupation.

First, I read what they say.

Then, I ferret out the slant placed on facts.

Finally, I look for what they don't say, search for wiggle words and suppositions.

Pretty much, it's a full time occupation.

Exactly, if you focus only on Fact Check. I consider it a resource right along with Snopes and all the other 'check it out' sites. But to get the real skinny on something, it is necessary to check the fact checkers with different and reliable sources. However, just like you can do with Wikiipedia, that also requires cross checking, you can get good leads on other sources and keywords to check when researching something.

I have stuck my foot in my mouth on more than one occasion largely due to poor information. Do most people consider Fact Check as a reputable source of information? If not, is there a non bias source of facts so when I do get involved with a thread I have sound facts? I also use the government official web sites which I am a little concerned about. Thanking you in advance for your input.

Government websites are the worst...

They shouldn't be credible citations..

Government is always wrong, that and they're notorious for spewing propaganda - they have their own wing of the CIA doing that.

Finding the facts is extremely difficult....

I suppose it all depends on what information you're looking for... If the information you're looking for has political implications then good luck finding the truth. In that scenario there are two sides to every "truth." I understand black & white ideas, however there is only one "truth."

Forum List

Back