Do Whites Deserve College?

who the fuck is buying pure, uncut cocaine on the same street level where crack is found? Why are you trying to avoid the FACT that crack is a concentration of reduced cocaine? If you "understand" the tylonol and moonshine references then you SHOULD be able to understand the outright difference of product regardless of a similar base drug. I take it that this is the "almost" and "essentially" differences you would rather not discuss when looking to cry racism.

Ok dude, calm down. No one is crying racism here? Why the fuck are you and Amanda so defensive? And PWID is not street level not in my area. I don't know where you're from. This is a discussion where I hear your arguments to try to understand your POV and I would hope that you could do the same. I'm not trying to get in a pissing match. Now, maybe I should have said trafficking...but since I live in a small town and that amount is not usually found, I apologize.

I don't think it matters what the "drug of choice" is, if the penalty is the same for everyone then the law is fair. I think if crack gets higher penalties it has to do with it being more addictive, thus more destructive to people's lives.

Understood. Now lets bring crystal meth into the equation....

Ok dude, calm down. No one is crying racism here? Why the fuck are you and Amanda so defensive? And PWID is not street level not in my area. I don't know where you're from. This is a discussion where I hear your arguments to try to understand your POV and I would hope that you could do the same. I'm not trying to get in a pissing match. Now, maybe I should have said trafficking...but since I live in a small town and that amount is not usually found, I apologize.

I don't think it matters what the "drug of choice" is, if the penalty is the same for everyone then the law is fair. I think if crack gets higher penalties it has to do with it being more addictive, thus more destructive to people's lives.

FWIW, I don't know what the penalties are for any of these things or why they are set the way they are, I'm just guessing. It's my understanding that judges have some degree of discretion over sentencing. If you're looking for something that's unfair maybe that's the better place to look.

FWIW, I don't know what the penalties are for any of these things or why they are set the way they are, I'm just guessing. It's my understanding that judges have some degree of discretion over sentencing. If you're looking for something that's unfair maybe that's the better place to look.

I agree to a point. Illegal drugs are illegal drugs. Who is to say that someone was murdered by a crack dealer is in anyway different than someone murdered by someone geek'd up on blow? Have you heard about Miami in the 80's? Meth is just as addictive as crack. Maybe even more but the crack sentences are much longer. I say marijuana, crack, snow, meth, angel dust, hash, MDMA, and all the rest of the illegal drugs should have flat sentencing to take impartial judges out of the equation.

I disagree. Not all drugs impact an individual exactly the same. putting pot on par with meth just to make a point about coke and crack is just farcical.

I disagree. Not all drugs impact an individual exactly the same. putting pot on par with meth just to make a point about coke and crack is just farcical.

No, they don't but it is illegal. I'm not saying give marijuana dealers 15 years on the 1st offense, but I am saying that if you want to give pot dealers 365 days then do the same for the other dealers. Not talking in terms of usage because that's not usually where the difference come in.

im afraid i'm still going to have to disagree, dude. Trafficking bails of pot won't cause nearly the same type of social havoc as any other example you listed in a comparable amount. In fact, it's the inclusion of pot that makes our national drug policies such a joke.

im afraid i'm still going to have to disagree, dude. Trafficking bails of pot won't cause nearly the same type of social havoc as any other example you listed in a comparable amount. In fact, it's the inclusion of pot that makes our national drug policies such a joke.

:clap2: I agree with you on marijuana laws as well as the havoc it doesn't create. But because it is still illegal (in most states) is why I didn't exclude it. One way to take the "inequality" card off the table it to make all of them equal. If you know you're breaking the law, you know the consequences if you get caught (after due process of course).

I'm thinking that the way to take inequality off the table is to apply the same legal consequences despite defendant race. Remember, this little tangent began by comparing crack to coke.

I'm thinking that the way to take inequality off the table is to apply the same legal consequences despite defendant race. Remember, this little tangent began by comparing crack to coke.

Yeah and add to that applying it to illegal drugs similar in potency, I can see the community taking a seat on that one. You write the law and I'll propose it to congress.

i have no problem prosecuting crack on par with meth.

I'm saying that crack is the reduced version of processed cocaine much like what grain alcohol is after being stilled from fermented corn mash. It's funny to watch people try and draw an equivalence while disregarding this basic fact.

Tell me.. Are all Tylenols the same too?

Tylenol sells products to relieve pain, allergies, and cold- and flu- related symptoms. Allergy and cold products also contain dextromethorphan, antihistamines, and expectorants. A class of stronger pain relievers contains codeine: Tylenol 1 (available in Canada without a prescription) contains 325 mg acetaminophen, 15 mg caffeine and 8 mg codeine; Tylenol 2 contains 300 mg acetaminophen and 15 mg codeine, Tylenol 3 (300 mg/30 mg), and Tylenol 4 (300 mg/60 mg). Acetaminophen is also found in other narcotic-based analgesics such as Percocet which contains oxycodone.

Ok dude, it was a question. Now, I'm gonna assume since you didn't answer that question then you think raw cocaine is more concentrated than processed crack. I would then assume that you think that cocaine should have stiffer penalties for that reason and because you can't have crack cocaine without the cocaine base. I understand Tylenol, moonshine, etc. but I'm really just trying to understand your position on crack vs. cocaine.

who the fuck is buying pure, uncut cocaine on the same street level where crack is found? Why are you trying to avoid the FACT that crack is a concentration of reduced cocaine? If you "understand" the tylonol and moonshine references then you SHOULD be able to understand the outright difference of product regardless of a similar base drug. I take it that this is the "almost" and "essentially" differences you would rather not discuss when looking to cry racism.

Pure uncut coke would kill most people
Crack is cocaine with the cut cooked out of it

New Topics

Forum List

Back