Do we retest the Feb 8th lows after earnings?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
The expectations are set pretty high for earnings so it seems to me we are set up for another dip, especially with the backdrop of war tensions and tariff negotiations. What do you all think?

Based on recent activity it would seem the best we can hope for is continued wild mood swings. I'm gettin' out as soon as the next upswing of that cycle happens. Just to stop the bleeding.

The 24,000 floor seems solid, which means if there is more than an interday breach there could be massive panic and air pockets. I started throttling back yesterday on options writing and just buying dividend paying issues. May as in "Sell in May and walk away" is coming up quick. I will be liquidating my options positions that do not have a beta less than 1 and either a dividend yield greater than 8% or at least five years of increasing dividend yield.

This May should have a much greater than usual level of risk because of the EU going after the tech stocks for not meeting their privacy rules. Between taxes and fines for past and future violations tech leadership will become much less common.

The floor is very strong. Gail asked me to recheck the market when she got back from her after WW weigh in walk. The indices kept blinking red and green with gray as a change of pace. The UE claims are dropping to record lows on a per 100,000 Labor Force Fraction basis.

Forum List

Back