Do We Really Need Guns?

We live in gun violence because we live in a gun culture.

Actually, no. Most Americans live in a freedom culture...and guns are a tool that keeps us free...even from the government....

Inner city drug gangs, living in cities controlled by democrats live in a "gun culture" where they settle disputes by killing each other and innocent people...and they are responsible for 80% of all gun murders...

Each year there are between 8-9,000 gun murders....so non gang related murders are only 1,800 each year.....solve the inner city gang problem....and the gun problem disappears....because in a country of 310 million people, 1,800 gun deaths is sad, but no reason to change our way of life....

Actually, no. Most Americans live in a freedom culture...and guns are a tool that keeps us free...even from the government....

You just confirmed my point.

Inner city drug gangs, living in cities controlled by democrats live in a "gun culture" where they settle disputes by killing each other and innocent people...and they are responsible for 80% of all gun murders...

Each year there are between 8-9,000 gun murders....so non gang related murders are only 1,800 each year.....solve the inner city gang problem....and the gun problem disappears....because in a country of 310 million people, 1,800 gun deaths is sad, but no reason to change our way of life....

And you just did it again. Even though you somehow think living in a world of violent firearm fetish is a positive.

Okay okay, so I admit, I was right all along. Happy now?

And you just did it again. Even though you somehow think living in a world of violent firearm fetish is a positive.

He is stuck fighting a left-right, gangbanger-law abiding, guns-no guns battle ... You just have an easily defendable position of "violence is violence" and the culture is to blame. Your ideas are solid about a gun culture that promotes violence ... But getting rid of the guns would still be out of line with the Constitution.

If you think the violent culture needs to be addressed ... What should we do to address it?

I know how you identify the problems you see ... But do you think think the government can address those problems without infringing on the rights of the citizens?

I do really want you to understand , that solving gun violence in the US in today's insane political climate is a very important issue. And it is very sad that our government seems to be completely helpless.

Political correctness, as stuffed down our throats by the progressives, has destroyed our inner cities. But nobody wants to talk about that.......they want to talk about cop problems. Not good.

Blacks have dragged whites out of their cars and beaten them to death 3X this week.........not a people from the msm. Not good. It causes people to march to the nearest gun store and buy lots of firesticks.

He is stuck fighting a left-right, gangbanger-law abiding, guns-no guns battle ... You just have an easily defendable position of "violence is violence" and the culture is to blame. Your ideas are solid about a gun culture that promotes violence ... But getting rid of the guns would still be out of line with the Constitution.

If you think the violent culture needs to be addressed ... What should we do to address it?

I know how you identify the problems you see ... But do you think think the government can address those problems without infringing on the rights of the citizens?

I've said over and over in this forum that if God Herself came down at noon today and declared, "that's it, no more gun making, ever" we would still have enough to arm everybody and nothing would change, as long as we continue to take the might makes right approach.

I don't see government as having any role here. That's why I keep shifting the focus off that and onto our social values. I surmise it starts with a basic disrespect for life -- seems to me you have to start there in order to see others as shooting targets (or targets in general). That, and the idea of dealing with all situations by overpowering them. We come from a mindset of exterminating the indigenous, exterminating wildlife, exterminating the land, rather than finding ways to integrate with them. It's like our values are testosterone-based.

At some point it has to dawn on us that that extermination mindset is kinda fucked up. That's probably a logical starting point from which higher values flow.

Last edited:
I've said over and over in this forum that if God Herself came down at noon today and declared, "that's it, no more gun making, ever" we would still have enough to arm everybody and nothing would change, as long as we continue to take the might makes right approach.

I don't see government as having any role here. That's why I keep shifting the focus off that and onto our social values. I surmise it starts with a basic disrespect for life -- seems to me you have to start there in order to see others as shooting targets (or targets in general). That, and the idea of dealing with all situations by overpowering them. We come from a mindset of exterminating the indigenous, exterminating wildlife, exterminating the land, rather than finding ways to integrate with them. It's like our values are testosterone-based.

At some point it has to dawn on us that that extermination mindset is kinda fucked up. That's probably a logical starting point from which higher values flow.

I agree you have said it over and over ... And that the government doesn't have a role in changing the condition. I have not argued that "might makes right" ... Nor will I argue that reasonable people won't agree that it is senseless to reach for a firearm as the solution to any problem.

I am also willing to suggest that when Monarchs ruled the world ... Their power was not the product of society's sword fetish. They ruled and oppressed others because the peasants were powerless against them.

Perhaps we disagree with the idea that criminals are interested in a Polly-Anna world of higher values. Perhaps we disagree regarding the idea that government can be trusted to maintain respect for the people when the people are physically powerless to object.

In neither case would I suggest that firearms are the only solution ... But I have no problem suggesting that firearms can be the best solution when faced with no other choice the opposition is willing to entertain.

It doesn't make it right ... It more accurately determines what survives.

Last edited:
PGreen.....I am curious...I have a thread up about a woman who was murdered by an ex boyfriend, with a gun, in a gun free zone...Nordstroms....I am wondering...since it had been going on for a year, and during that time he broke some of her ribs and stuck a gun in her mouth and with this...the police couldn't stop him, and had she had a restraining order she would still be dead...since he was willing to murder her and himself....

What would you do to help this woman if you don't think she needed a gun to stop this nut? Not one gun grabber will answer that question...and since you want that woman to be disarmed...what should she have done to save her own life since this falls into my rule number 3 for reasons to own a gun.....#3 When the government, can't or won't protect you....?

Will you be that wise gun grabber and explain why you don't want women in this situation to have a gun....?

I tell you honestly: if that had been me, the cops would have been investigating that guy's mysterious death pretty damned quickly.

It's my first thread here, and I want to start with the issue, that worries me a lot.

Gun owners always claim that they own guns for self protection, even though the guns in their homes impose a much greater risk to their lives than an intruder. They also state they need guns to protect themselves from the government and from tthr police. Oh, seriously? Other argument for guns is hunting. Food production in the US is quite complex and capable of providing all types of foods to all parts of the country. And, if someone is too poor to buy food to eat, they are too poor to buy weapons. So what for?! Explain me, please.

I truly believe, that guns only do harm There is no use for guns in our society. The 2nd amendment was made in a time where guns were necessary because of the British.

52 messages lol. Clearly a gun junkie using a false name to stir their own agenda.

Anyone that studies all parties knows that very few are actually anti-gun. I've only met 3-4 in dozens of forums. Most of them are new accounts and talk just like this one. It's fake.

Living in a world of violent firearm fetish? :lol: You must live in Chicago where hand guns were banned, yet they were the murder capital of the United States. Lol!

Oh so we live in a violent gun fetish with an extermination mind set? Good Lord, drama queen, get a grip on yourself. Perhaps you should go preach to the inner city black community where gun violence and exterminating themselves is rampant? Instead, you choose to be here at a place like this forum, preaching and lecturing to HONEST and LAW-ABIDING responsible gun owners? What's wrong with this picture?

It's my first thread here, and I want to start with the issue, that worries me a lot.

Gun owners always claim that they own guns for self protection, even though the guns in their homes impose a much greater risk to their lives than an intruder. They also state they need guns to protect themselves from the government and from tthr police. Oh, seriously? Other argument for guns is hunting. Food production in the US is quite complex and capable of providing all types of foods to all parts of the country. And, if someone is too poor to buy food to eat, they are too poor to buy weapons. So what for?! Explain me, please.

I truly believe, that guns only do harm There is no use for guns in our society. The 2nd amendment was made in a time where guns were necessary because of the British.

Dont fucking own one if you do not feel you need one.

Oh so we live in a violent gun fetish with an extermination mind set? Good Lord, drama queen, get a grip on yourself. Perhaps you should go preach to the inner city black community where gun violence and exterminating themselves is rampant? Instead, you choose to be here at a place like this forum, preaching and lecturing to HONEST and LAW-ABIDING responsible gun owners? What's wrong with this picture?

Here's a clue. Gonna be a big one too.
When I refer to "we" and "us" above, it does not represent anything on the scale of "the USMB membership".

Living in a world of violent firearm fetish? :lol: You must live in Chicago where hand guns were banned, yet they were the murder capital of the United States. Lol!

Nor does the phrase "a world" refer to "Chicago".

Clear as mud?
Or are you only here to defend the concept of senseless violence simply to be a contrarian?

S...M...H....

(And no I've never lived in Chicago, though I have lived in New Orleans when it was the murder capital of the United States, and I assure you guns are everywhere there, and openly so, not that has jack frickin' squat to do with anything)

Last edited:
Hmm. I wonder who will protect us from all the racist killer cops if we don't have any weapons? I think some black cops might like to attack me and kill me because I'm white. :D
Nah.. the black guys to watch out for are the democrat leaders.

Here's a clue. Gonna be a big one too.
When I refer to "we" and "us" above, it does not represent anything on the scale of "the USMB membership".

Nor does the phrase "a world" refer to "Chicago".

Clear as mud?
Or are you only here to defend the concept of senseless violence simply to be a contrarian?

S...M...H....

(And no I've never lived in Chicago, though I have lived in New Orleans when it was the murder capital of the United States, and I assure you guns are everywhere there, and openly so, not that has jack frickin' squat to do with anything)

Oooo, touchy. You must live in Detroit. :D

Forum List

Back