Do We Owe The Massachusetts Establishment An Apology?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Some of us thought the worst of the Democrat establishment in Massachusetts.

We were already making excuses for a Coakley victory if it was close...

dead folks would vote, holding up the count...

I had this prepared"

"rearrange the letters in ELECTION RESULTS

and you get

LIES- LET'S RECOUNT"

Sorry, Dems.

Carry on.

I had this prepared"

and you get

LIES- LET'S RECOUNT"

Sorry, Dems.

Carry on.

Excellent point. However, let's now see how long it takes Brown to get confirmed.
I am also curious as to what Coakley meant last night when she said "we will still fight for this starting tomorrow" last night when she gave her concession speech.
Fight for what?

I had this prepared"

and you get

LIES- LET'S RECOUNT"

Sorry, Dems.

Carry on.

Excellent point. However, let's now see how long it takes Brown to get confirmed.
I am also curious as to what Coakley meant last night when she said "we will still fight for this starting tomorrow" last night when she gave her concession speech.
Fight for what?

I still think we should bask in the moment.

I never want to be a sore-winner as the left has been for a year now.

So, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

BTW, did you get to hear Senator Brown's speech after the win? I think Fox was the only one to carry it.

I had this prepared"

and you get

LIES- LET'S RECOUNT"

Sorry, Dems.

Carry on.

Fight for what?

BTW, did you get to hear Senator Brown's speech after the win? I think Fox was the only one to carry it.

Being in a different time zone, it was tricky... does one stay up and watch and do no work today or does one act like a grown up and get some sleep. I opted for being a grown up.... until a couple of 'special people' emailed me (I keep my cell by the bed) and woke me with two versions of "BROWN WON" and "MA ROCKS".... I got up and watched fox.

I liked his speech in as much as I like any politician's speech but I thought the crowd was funny with their "Gas up the Truck" and "Seat him now" chants. Made me laugh!

Fight for what?

Being in a different time zone, it was tricky... does one stay up and watch and do no work today or does one act like a grown up and get some sleep. I opted for being a grown up.... until a couple of 'special people' emailed me (I keep my cell by the bed) and woke me with two versions of "BROWN WON" and "MA ROCKS".... I got up and watched fox.

I liked his speech in as much as I like any politician's speech but I thought the crowd was funny with their "Gas up the Truck" and "Seat him now" chants. Made me laugh!

I just posted the speech for those who needed to hear what a conservative sounds like. It's been a while.

I don't see this as a victory for the GOP or conservatives. I see it as a victory for Brown and the idea that Senate seats are decided by the people and not the Kennedys or the machine.

Inferring that this is a sea change towards conservative principles is pre-mature.

If anything, it proves how important moderate voters are. In that regard, the GOP has some trouble in that they don't have a platform that appeals to moderates.

In fact, they don't have a platform at all. I think the GOP will make gains in 2010, but they will be modest if their only position is "anti-Democrat".

I had this prepared"

and you get

LIES- LET'S RECOUNT"

Sorry, Dems.

Carry on.

Fight for what?

They were, MSNBC went on to let Olberman's head explode and curse out Fox.. see,, this whole thing is Fox's fault.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
depending on he does as a Senator from Mass.. I might not be surprised to see him on a Presidential ticket with Romney.. nope,, not at all.

I don't see this as a victory for the GOP or conservatives. I see it as a victory for Brown and the idea that Senate seats are decided by the people and not the Kennedys or the machine.

Inferring that this is a sea change towards conservative principles is pre-mature.

If anything, it proves how important moderate voters are. In that regard, the GOP has some trouble in that they don't have a platform that appeals to moderates.

In fact, they don't have a platform at all. I think the GOP will make gains in 2010, but they will be modest if their only position is "anti-Democrat".

Really good post, right on several points.

But this is a major victory for those of us who think that the government works for us, not the other way around.

I'm thinking of working on a 'Euro-think' thread, to compare the it to the American concept of governing, and showing how alien Obama-thought differs from liberty.

Listen to his speech (I just posted it) and see if you don't hear, not Dem vs. GOP, but conservative vs. liberal.

Absolutely no. They were simply overtaken by events and were too sclerotic to do anything. The calling of a news reporter "Nazi, get out of here Nazi..." by some Dems ought to provide us with enough information to know better than to believe they are guided by the noblest of intentions.

Had it been close they would've pulled out all the stops.

Last edited:
Fight for what?

They were, MSNBC went on to let Olberman's head explode and curse out Fox.. see,, this whole thing is Fox's fault.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
depending on he does as a Senator from Mass.. I might not be surprised to see him on a Presidential ticket with Romney.. nope,, not at all.

Are you thinking about 2012?

Wouldn't we be open to the 'thin resume' criticism we blamed President Obama for?

I need to hear more from Senator Brown, but his victory speech was a beaut! Good start.

Absolutely no. They were simply overtaken by events and were too sclerotic to do anything. The calling of a news reporter "Nazi, get out of here Nazi..." by some Dems ought to provide us with enough information to know better than to believe they are guided by the noblest of intentions.

AH, we can't know that.

Aren't we tired of being called Nazi, and racist, and every other calumny?

When does the civil discourse begin.

I think we call it when they do it...but not before.

AH, we can't know that.

Aren't we tired of being called Nazi, and racist, and every other calumny?

When does the civil discourse begin.

I think we call it when they do it...but not before.

Oh c'mon. It broke down long before this.

The right practically made a cottage industry out of labeling it's opponents (most of whom had legitimate concerns that were borne out to be correct) as "un-patriotic" during the run-up and subsequent invasion of Iraq.

To act like it's just one side is asinine.

I had this prepared"

and you get

LIES- LET'S RECOUNT"

Sorry, Dems.

Carry on.

No you dont owe us an apology, but thanks for the sentiment....oh wait im an independant :D

Wouldn't we be open to the 'thin resume' criticism we blamed President Obama for?

I need to hear more from Senator Brown, but his victory speech was a beaut! Good start.

we more than likely would but then they would as usual paint themselves as hypocrites,, wouldn't they? I was thinking Romney for Pres and Brown for VP might be a good ticket, we'll see how he does.

we more than likely would but then they would as usual paint themselves as hypocrites,, wouldn't they? I was thinking Romney for Pres and Brown for VP might be a good ticket, we'll see how he does.

This is a day to celebrate, putting the brakes on becoming Euro-lite, but we have to be realistic:

There is no speaker on our side like President Obama.

Until the American people show that they can see the difference between form and substance, we can't project taking back the exec.

I had this prepared"

and you get

LIES- LET'S RECOUNT"

Sorry, Dems.

Carry on.

Fight for what?

One would have to be VERY naive to think that she meant anything other than the fact that they are going to fire EVERY possible shot they have to get HCR passed before the confirmation and swearing in of Senator Elect Brown. I don't think they stand a chance of rushing it through now though. There are WAY too many dems on the fence after last night. They are all wondering if they will have a job next year. A rush job at this point would be political suicide. But in perfect Coakley fashion, she is talking before she thinks.... AGAIN.

No, we don't owe ANYBODY an apology...the apology came from Mass. last night. Consider it a closed case.

Forum List

Back