Do we not have the right to report offensive posts and threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've argued and traded insults with many white nationalists on here, but I've never felt the need to "report" them for being mean to me. I've also argued and exchanged insults with leftists like you but, again, I've never reported anyone for being mean.

As for being offensive...

38519178_647549085618453_4593066815508185088_n.jpg

Who are the white nationalist posters here???????????????????
Besides me?
Most likely anyone white, according to the OP.

I started this thread for a reason. And what we saw here proved the point I made in the OP.

I think this question is self explanatory.

Are all points of view allowed here?

Because it seems like there is a consistent and organized pattern of attack against people who do not hold a specific point of view. On top of that there is a double standard provided for a specific point of view that allows then to post in areas where their threads don't apply. Furthermore threads created by those holding this point of view don't get shut down, nor are offending threads removed when reported. On top of that admin is allowed to troll threads and harass posters who do not hold a specific point of view.

Nope. No bias. If you don’t like the forum then leave

I think this question is self explanatory.

Because it seems like there is a consistent and organized pattern of attack against people who do not hold a specific point of view. On top of that there is a double standard provided for a specific point of view that allows then to post in areas where their threads don't apply. Furthermore threads created by those holding this point of view don't get shut down, nor are offending threads removed when reported. On top of that admin is allowed to troll threads and harass posters who do not hold a specific point of view.

By now, you should how the unique posting rules at USMB work... All of staff is TOTALLY committed to free expression, opinions that offend, and leaving the LEGAL content the hell alone.. What is "legal content" on USMB? It's anything ABOUT THE SPECIFIC TOPIC of the thread, that does not violate the 4 or 5 illegal things like accusations of pedophilia or bestiality, attacks or insults on family, nude, sexual or Graphic Imagery..

In GENERAL -- all we ask for is TOPICAL DISCUSSION. If an OP OBEYS the rules about creating a topic and is not baiting or polarizing in an extreme, and is placed in the proper forum and is not a call-out thread, that STARTS a discussion.. Read the posting guidelines to fill in the blanks.

There are only about four words banned by Staff consensus. Some screening filters to keep out foreign spam MAY ban some other incidental words but we don't have a comprehensive list. Like V-iagra for instance.. LOL..

POSTERS in Zone1 and 2 are required to HONOR the specific topics by having "specific topical content" in every post. It's really easy.. Mods don't READ for flaming.. They LOOK FOR "specific topical content" in EVERY post, because THAT'S how we keep threads readable and possibly informative in light of all the "adult insults" that we could NEVER PRETEND to moderate.

If you're offended by any of that -- try one of the social media sites that DON'T have clear simple rules like we do and learn what "moderation abuse" truly is... We learned a long time ago that giving moderators too much discretion, just creates problems with the members AND in the Mod Room...

Absolutely.. HOWEVER -- there is no protection for folks asserting marginal, controversial, or assinine things. Up to YOU to defend your views.. If you get ridiculed for them and the folks doing the flaming are ON TOPIC and contributing to the discussion -- moderation can not touch them..

Threads fail.. Because actual public discussion is a disappearing art. And most of our members are here to politically taunt and brawl.. And when the OP doesn't attempt to support their topic, or interact in discussion, or the topic is tired and needs to be retired because it's off the rails or too personal --- it's closed or moved.

If MORE members were here to discuss and not soapbox or have a bar fight -- all of this would work sweetly.. But that is not the state of public conversation anymore. And by insisting that each thread is a unique topic, and that topics get discussed in every post -- we're doing the best any team could do under the circumstances..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back