do we need to see the president ??

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
do we really need for president obama to come out in a half hour to say.... "we are closely monitoring the situation in japan. our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. i want the japanese people to know that we are here to assist, in any way we can. i have spoken with blah blah blah."
is this just a quick fix for attention. isn't this obama it's all about me (over and over) ?
i'm still riled about him exploiting the gabby giffords shooting for attention and political gain (in which his approval rating went up sharply, but has plummeted again). is this what he means by transparent. shallow circus of ego.

i'm afraid i have no link because it hasn't happened yet

Last edited:
need? No. But im not surprised he has. I cant imagine a President not saying anything on it. I just wish he would respond faster to Domestic emergencies as well as the foreign ones. I mean how long did it take him to even acknowledge the BP spill? Im just glad they didn't rip a whole between dimensions with their drilling or something more serious.

It's a no-win scenario. If he didn't go on TV to address it, the howls would be never ending. If he does, here we are with your little missive.

See?

do we really need for president obama to come out in a half hour to say.... "we are closly monitoring the situation in japan. our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. i want the japanese people to know that we are here to assist, in any way we can. i have spoken with blah blah blah."
is this just a quick fix for attention. isn't this obama it's all about me (over and over) ?
i'm still riled about him exploiting the gabby giffords shooting for attention and politcal gain (in which his approval rating went up sharply, but has plummeted again). is this what he means by transparent. shallow circus of ego.

Do we really need people to come to funerals and say "I am so sorry for your loss...Is there anything I can do?"

We know what they are going to say.......why don't they just stay home if they can't change anything?

• Banned
do we really need for president obama to come out in a half hour to say.... "we are closly monitoring the situation in japan. our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. i want the japanese people to know that we are here to assist, in any way we can. i have spoken with blah blah blah."
i'm still riled about him exploiting the gabby giffords shooting for attention and politcal gain (in which his approval rating went up sharply, but has plummeted again). is this what he means by transparent. shallow circus of ego.

Do we really need people to come to funerals and say "I am so sorry for your loss...Is there anything I can do?"

We know what they are going to say.......why don't they just stay home if they can't change anything?

gee... i never really thought of it that way. thank you right winger, from the bottom of my heart. guess i'll be voting for him next time after all. for leading me through the darkness and to show me the light.... bless you rightwingy.

Last edited:
Reagan was on TV just about every night (or so it seemed).

ah ha !!! there is a difference... we've just had a sputik moment. has it occured to anyone that both the president of the united states and charlie sheen, are both running on about "winning the future?" i think the president may have a drug problem.

gee... i never really thought of it that way. thank you right winger, from the bottom of my heart. guess i'll be voting for him next time after all. for leading me through the darkness and to show me the light.... bless you rightwingy.

I am sure he will miss the vote of you, and everyone else who does not believe in social courtesies

ah ha !!! there is a difference... we've just had a sputik moment. has it occured to anyone that both the president of the united states and charlie sheen, are both running on about "winning the future?" i think the president may have a drug problem.

No, you don't think. That's the only way you could reach the conclusion that you drew.

i have a question... for you military experts, why is he sending aircraft carriers to japan ?

No, you don't think. That's the only way you could reach the conclusion that you drew.

you can't unthink a thought any more than you can "unring" the bell. i'm sorry to have to get technical with you.

this is a jimmy carter speech

Last edited:
i have a question... for you military experts, why is he sending aircraft carriers to japan ?

Aircraft carriers are like floating cities

Medical, food, water, power, communications, helicopters.....

this conference will be known as the "chuck todd interview". teacher's pet

need? No. But im not surprised he has. I cant imagine a President not saying anything on it. I just wish he would respond faster to Domestic emergencies as well as the foreign ones. I mean how long did it take him to even acknowledge the BP spill? Im just glad they didn't rip a whole between dimensions with their drilling or something more serious.

Is it not possible that the President is taking a lesson from the BP affair, and recognizing that it's better come come forth sooner rather than later?

Is it not possible that the President is taking a lesson from the BP affair, and recognizing that it's better come come forth sooner rather than later?

good point, i haven't heard "from day one"

i have to admit this turned out to be a pretty good conferece. i like most of his answers other than NPR

Last edited:

Forum List

Back