Do we need to reeducate people or what?

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Every day, it seems there are more and more people on the Left who apparently don't comprehend how our system of justice works. I started noticing this with the sanctuary cities thing. They simply decided that our laws don't matter and they can just render them null and void and make up their own law regarding illegal aliens. Then, after Trump won the presidency, things got progressively worse, pardon the pun. This Antifa bunch showed up and started justifying outright physical assault on people who they deemed were Nazis. No Nuremberg trial or anything... they simply decided they were Nazis and it was justifiable to perpetrate physical assault on them for no other reason. Now we have this deal with Roy Moore, where the man has been deemed guilty without any kind of adjudication whatsoever.

What the hell is going on here? This is just straight up anarchy. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? What happened to the right of a trial by a jury of your peers? Since when did mere allegations rise to the level of proven fact without any further examination? Over and over, Moore is being slandered as a pedophile. The man hasn't been criminally or civilly charged with anything. There has been no court case, no sworn testimony, no official investigation, no grand jury indictment... nothing. Just one 52 year-old woman with a 38-year old allegation that can't be corroborated. Yet, Moore is guilty and anyone who dares to defend him is guilty of supporting pedophilia. Why? Because the Left decided!

I'm sorry guys but we can't run a civil society this way. That's how banana republics operate. We have a system of justice and a protocol that must be followed. We don't simply strip people of their rights and convict them because you emotionally decide that's for the best. That's not how things work. What you are succeeding in doing is showing America why the Left never needs to be given ANY power again. If this is honestly how you interpret the way justice works, that's frightening beyond belief.

I think you might need a little education about how our justice system works, Boss. There is no requirement for a person to be convicted of a crime for an individual to believe them to be guilty of a crime. OJ Simpson is a perfect example. What people believe about Simpson is not relevant to our justice system, and vice versa. The same is true of Moore.

I would agree that people are often too quick to judge others without much in the way of evidence. However, Moore has not been stripped of any rights nor convicted of anything. As far as I know the justice system has not been involved in the Moore allegations at all.

I think you might need a little education about how our justice system works, Boss. There is no requirement for a person to be convicted of a crime for an individual to believe them to be guilty of a crime. OJ Simpson is a perfect example. What people believe about Simpson is not relevant to our justice system, and vice versa. The same is true of Moore.

I would agree that people are often too quick to judge others without much in the way of evidence. However, Moore has not been stripped of any rights nor convicted of anything. As far as I know the justice system has not been involved in the Moore allegations at all.

At least O.J. Simpson had an actual trial. Moore is being openly accused of pedophilia and anyone who defends him is being accused of supporting a pedophile. There hasn't been a trial, no charges filed, no investigation, nothing.

At least O.J. Simpson had an actual trial. Moore is being openly accused of pedophilia and anyone who defends him is being accused of supporting a pedophile. There hasn't been a trial, no charges filed, no investigation, nothing.

Hm. Really. I haven't been following that whole thing but some clown around here told me charges were filed.

There are enough people coming forward to stamp guilt on the sick bastard. Besides, it has been my experiance that these super holy assholes are almost always complete hypocrites. But go ahead and support him. This will stamp every GOP candidate in 2018 as a pedophile supporting bastard.

These are the last gasps of a dying party.

There are enough people coming forward to stamp guilt on the sick bastard. Besides, it has been my experiance that these super holy assholes are almost always complete hypocrites. But go ahead and support him. This will stamp every GOP candidate in 2018 as a pedophile supporting bastard.

Well there you go.... lynch mob mentality at it's finest. No need for courts or investigative bodies when we have the lynch mob ready to condemn people on the basis of their gut instinct alone.

You'e stamped yourself. Now you're gonna live with it.

Point of order, you can't "re-educate" people who have been programmed. Education means they've been given intellectual, moral, and social instruction. These turds are parrots. They repeat what they're told without even trying to think, and many resist absorbing information that compromises their programming.

I have no idea how you deprogram those bed wetters but I don't have time. Let them abort or swallow their genetic garbage and nature will take care of the rest if we remove some safety labels.

And Moore is not currently facing any punishment or jailing from the government, because the justice system is not involved. The point was that OJ Simpson was considered guilty by a large number of private citizens because whether or not a person is convicted of a crime does not have to be the sole determinant of whether anyone believes that person is guilty of a crime. In other words, when you call for people to be reeducated because they don't comprehend how our justice system works, you should probably use any example of something that actually involves our justice system. Unless Moore has been charged with a crime or sued (and perhaps he has and I haven't seen it yet), the justice system is not involved.

Oh, and those accusing Moore of pedophilia are doing so mistakenly. Pedophilia involves prepubescent children; so far as I know none of the girls accusing Moore were prepubescent at the time.

Hm. Really. I haven't been following that whole thing but some clown around here told me charges were filed.

I haven't seen anything about criminal charges being filed. :dunno:

Point of order, you can't "re-educate" people who have been programmed. Education means they've been given intellectual, moral, and social instruction. These turds are parrots. They repeat what they're told without even trying to think, and many resist absorbing information that compromises their programming.

I have no idea how you deprogram those bed wetters but I don't have time. Let them abort or swallow their genetic garbage and nature will take care of the rest if we remove some safety labels.

Indeed. It's just time to deport most of them and start over with cleaning the filthy traitors and deviants out of the education system from top to bottom. They can show us all how great they are when they turn some place like Somalia or Iran into a Social Justice Paradise. According to the gimps, it should be easy for them to prove themselves as truly serious about 'Diversity And Change' there, having such blank slates to work with, no Evul Xians around to get in their way, you know ...

These are the last gasps of a dying party.

They're eating their own now, and it's hilarious; every fake agenda they've attempted for the last year and a half has blown up in their own faces. Great stuff.

The hacks thought they were being clever, creating mobs of violent racist half-wits, and now they're unable to control the mindless idiots; if this pattern sounds familiar that's because that has been the exact same pattern Marxist 'revolutionaries' have generated everywhere they were able to topple the govt. and take over; they end up having to murder most of their own fanatics. lollerz.

That's some funny stuff, considering the Democrats are huge fans of a fake 'Gay Rights' movement that proudly had NAMBLA on its advisory councils from the beginning of their umbrella organizations and for many years after. All Democrats are pedophile supporters and fans already, so now you're attempting to recruit Republicans for the Cause now, are you?

What the hell is going on here? This is just straight up anarchy. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? What happened to the right of a trial by a jury of your peers? Since when did mere allegations rise to the level of proven fact without any further examination?
There are no rules in the court of public opinion as it relates to political campaigns. Been true for a while now. Just ask the Clinton "crime family".

Pizzagate conspiracy theory - Wikipedia

The U.S. is a banana republic!

Every day, it seems there are more and more people on the Left who apparently don't comprehend how our system of justice works. I started noticing this with the sanctuary cities thing. They simply decided that our laws don't matter and they can just render them null and void and make up their own law regarding illegal aliens. Then, after Trump won the presidency, things got progressively worse, pardon the pun. This Antifa bunch showed up and started justifying outright physical assault on people who they deemed were Nazis. No Nuremberg trial or anything... they simply decided they were Nazis and it was justifiable to perpetrate physical assault on them for no other reason. Now we have this deal with Roy Moore, where the man has been deemed guilty without any kind of adjudication whatsoever.

What the hell is going on here? This is just straight up anarchy. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? What happened to the right of a trial by a jury of your peers? Since when did mere allegations rise to the level of proven fact without any further examination? Over and over, Moore is being slandered as a pedophile. The man hasn't been criminally or civilly charged with anything. There has been no court case, no sworn testimony, no official investigation, no grand jury indictment... nothing. Just one 52 year-old woman with a 38-year old allegation that can't be corroborated. Yet, Moore is guilty and anyone who dares to defend him is guilty of supporting pedophilia. Why? Because the Left decided!

I'm sorry guys but we can't run a civil society this way. That's how banana republics operate. We have a system of justice and a protocol that must be followed. We don't simply strip people of their rights and convict them because you emotionally decide that's for the best. That's not how things work. What you are succeeding in doing is showing America why the Left never needs to be given ANY power again. If this is honestly how you interpret the way justice works, that's frightening beyond belief.

This fits pretty well for Democrats and their desparation especially on this Moore thing.

1385549_675070945925019_1268788094658502489_n.jpg

And Moore is not currently facing any punishment or jailing from the government, because the justice system is not involved. The point was that OJ Simpson was considered guilty by a large number of private citizens because whether or not a person is convicted of a crime does not have to be the sole determinant of whether anyone believes that person is guilty of a crime. In other words, when you call for people to be reeducated because they don't comprehend how our justice system works, you should probably use any example of something that actually involves our justice system. Unless Moore has been charged with a crime or sued (and perhaps he has and I haven't seen it yet), the justice system is not involved.

Oh, and those accusing Moore of pedophilia are doing so mistakenly. Pedophilia involves prepubescent children; so far as I know none of the girls accusing Moore were prepubescent at the time.

You're STILL missing the point. With OJ, there was a trial. A very public trial. The prosecution laid out the evidence to the jury and the public. None of this has happened with Moore. There hasn't even been any formal charges. All there amounts to is an allegation and yet, some people have already found him guilty and are condemning anyone who dares to defend him or question his guilt.

It seems to be many of the same people who justified Antifa thugs attacking and assaulting individuals deemed as "Nazis" without any adjudication whatsoever. It's as if we have a mob of people in this country who don't comprehend or understand how the justice system works. The idea of "innocent until proven guilty" seems to be absolutely foreign to them.

You're STILL missing the point. With OJ, there was a trial. A very public trial. The prosecution laid out the evidence to the jury and the public. None of this has happened with Moore. There hasn't even been any formal charges. All there amounts to is an allegation and yet, some people have already found him guilty and are condemning anyone who dares to defend him or question his guilt.

It seems to be many of the same people who justified Antifa thugs attacking and assaulting individuals deemed as "Nazis" without any adjudication whatsoever. It's as if we have a mob of people in this country who don't comprehend or understand how the justice system works. The idea of "innocent until proven guilty" seems to be absolutely foreign to them.

No, I haven't missed the point at all, you have. The point is that public opinion has nothing to do with our justice system. They are two completely separate things. Innocent until proven guilty is a tenet of our justice system, but has never been a rule of public opinion. Once again, look at the OJ case. He was considered innocent until proven guilty by the justice system, was in fact found not guilty by that justice system, yet public opinion in large part judged him guilty anyway. That is because public opinion is not bound by the same rules as the justice system.

I'm not arguing that people jumping to judgement is a good thing. I'm trying to explain that your OP premise, that people judging Moore as a matter of personal opinion has something to do with understanding of our justice system, is wrong. One can understand and agree with our justice system, yet still believe Moore is guilty as a matter of personal opinion. Or Moore could end up going to trial and being found guilty by the justice system, yet a person might still believe him to be innocent. One is not dependent upon the other.

No, I haven't missed the point at all, you have. The point is that public opinion has nothing to do with our justice system. They are two completely separate things. Innocent until proven guilty is a tenet of our justice system, but has never been a rule of public opinion. Once again, look at the OJ case. He was considered innocent until proven guilty by the justice system, was in fact found not guilty by that justice system, yet public opinion in large part judged him guilty anyway. That is because public opinion is not bound by the same rules as the justice system.

I'm not arguing that people jumping to judgement is a good thing. I'm trying to explain that your OP premise, that people judging Moore as a matter of personal opinion has something to do with understanding of our justice system, is wrong. One can understand and agree with our justice system, yet still believe Moore is guilty as a matter of personal opinion. Or Moore could end up going to trial and being found guilty by the justice system, yet a person might still believe him to be innocent. One is not dependent upon the other.

What is wrong is that you are somehow trying to equate apples with oranges. OJ was charged with a crime, a prosecution presented evidence to a jury and a ruling was made. None of this applies to Roy Moore. If Moore had been arrested and tried by a jury, then you'd have an equivalent.

Anyone can go out there and make a wild accusation. I could say that I saw Montrovant expose himself to children in the park. Doesn't matter if it's a lie, I could convince enough people to believe it is true and you'd be guilty in the court of public opinion. Is that fair and impartial? Should you suffer condemnation on the basis of mere allegation or should you have the chance to defend yourself in court? There seems to be people who believe the allegations are good enough. Furthermore, anyone who dares to challenge the allegations is labeled as well. This is just a sad state of affairs in America, that so many people have totally abandoned jurisprudence and have adopted a lynch mob mentality where people are "found guilty" on the basis of an allegation.

What is wrong is that you are somehow trying to equate apples with oranges. OJ was charged with a crime, a prosecution presented evidence to a jury and a ruling was made. None of this applies to Roy Moore. If Moore had been arrested and tried by a jury, then you'd have an equivalent.

Anyone can go out there and make a wild accusation. I could say that I saw Montrovant expose himself to children in the park. Doesn't matter if it's a lie, I could convince enough people to believe it is true and you'd be guilty in the court of public opinion. Is that fair and impartial? Should you suffer condemnation on the basis of mere allegation or should you have the chance to defend yourself in court? There seems to be people who believe the allegations are good enough. Furthermore, anyone who dares to challenge the allegations is labeled as well. This is just a sad state of affairs in America, that so many people have totally abandoned jurisprudence and have adopted a lynch mob mentality where people are "found guilty" on the basis of an allegation.

What I have compared is apples to apples: people coming to a personal judgement about a situation regardless of any decision of the justice system, or lack thereof. In the OJ case, people came to their own judgements about his guilt, regardless of the results of the trial. In Moore's case, people have come to judgements about his guilt or innocence, regardless of the total lack of a trial. In each case, people are making personal judgements, entirely outside of the justice system.

As I've already said, I'm not arguing that jumping to judgement is a good thing. I have never claimed the court of public opinion is fair or impartial. However, if you think that people are just now coming to their own judgements based on allegations, that it is not something that has happened throughout the country's history, probably throughout all of the history of human society, you are being hopelessly naive. Greater population and modern communications make it more widespread than in the past, but do you honestly believe that in the past, people did not come to their own personal judgements about things and left everything up to the law? Really?

Forum List

Back