Do we need scientists to tell us we are fat?

Originally posted by nycflasher
good idea...need some help?

<---great cook

I would love for someone else to set it up for me, and I just host it.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
We have production studios here in the states you know. Hey cc, where've ya been?

I don't have a visa to work in the states. I haven't looked into it either.

I've been around. Busy this week, planning a HS reunion. I traditionally don't stick around on a message board for too long. I usually get 'board' with it.

But I like you guys...

Originally posted by crazy canadian
I want to host a TV program that helps moms or dads choose healthy foods at the grocery store, on a budget, with no time to cook. Teach people what to look for on a label, make it fun to watch, air it at lunch time.

It's a sad state of common sense that those types of things have to be taught to otherwise grown-ups. It's also sad that because BOTH parents want to work, they are forced into rushed, fat-creating meals. :(

I know I will get flamed for this but I tend to think since both parents are working now it IS so much easier to cook fat foods or run though a drive thru ! I wonder if we had the fat epidemic 50 yrs ago when a parent was home all day to cook dinner .. A healthier dinner at that ....

Originally posted by Sandy73
I know I will get flamed for this but I tend to think since both parents are working now it IS so much easier to cook fat foods or run though a drive thru ! I wonder if we had the fat epidemic 50 yrs ago when a parent was home all day to cook dinner .. A healthier dinner at that ....

I agree. but then like ive said before. im a sexist pig. I think children should have a parent at home to take care of them rather than two parents working for a nice car or something.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
I agree. but then like ive said before. im a sexist pig. I think children should have a parent at home to take care of them rather than two parents working for a nice car or something.

It's about investments. My wife and I choose to invest more in our kids, than our IRA...thus, she's home with the kids. When they both get in school, or are otherwise occupied we'll see about buying that $40K SUV...until then, we'll make due on two cars, with 300K+ Miles between them.. :D

Originally posted by -=d=-
It's about investments. My wife and I choose to invest more in our kids, than our IRA...thus, she's home with the kids. When they both get in school, or are otherwise occupied we'll see about buying that $40K SUV...until then, we'll make due on two cars, with 300K+ Miles between them.. :D

One of the reasons im going to law school is so when i get married my wife can be able to stay home. I figure if my parents can live off less the 30K a year for 20 years i can live off 80K. just takes some budgetting.

One of the reasons im going to law school is so when i get married my wife can be able to stay home. I figure if my parents can live off less the 30K a year for 20 years i can live off 80K. just takes some budgetting.

we live off fairly comfortable off a LOT less than 80K...If we were credit-debt free, we'd live like kings. :)

Originally posted by -=d=-
we live off fairly comfortable off a LOT less than 80K...If we were credit-debt free, we'd live like kings. :)

Well im shooting alittle higher than the kings position lol. maybe live as popes or something i dunno. Just not as catholicy

You could live off 80K quite comfortably if the gov't lowered taxes, or was more productive with the money we give them...
and of course that depends on where you live...

I live above a single mom who works all day. I got her into shopping at Trader Joe's, for healthy fast meals. Not as much crap in them as some of the mainstream grocery stores, plus more low-carb variety, more yummy whole grain foods, and cheaper than PCC or some of the other granola shops.

Good selection of booze too.
:wine:

Plus, if your wife is at home while you're at work, the mailman won't be lonely...:p:

Forum List

Back