Do we need Satanism?

Think about this logical statement. "If Satanism is a religion, and you believe we need religion, then are you not in support of keeping Satanism because we need it??"

I don't think that is a particularly logical statement at all to be honest. I need food to live, but I can live without herring (a particular food). Or in this case, I can live without red herring. :tongue:

The point you make has been addressed in a circular manner. Do you think we need all, some, only one or no religion.

Of course, you are right in recognizing that the statement, as is, contains a fallacy. To correct it I would need to change the part (and you believe we need religion) to (and you believe we need ALL religions) to make it logically sound. Unfortunately, I lack the literary finesse to pose the questions made later.

To put it bluntly, I am trying to pose an indirect question that plays on the premise of the need for some religios belief. The lead question (What religions do we need?) is the main, unstated, inquery since the need of all religions contains a subjective no regardless of ones egalitarian views on the matter. The implied question (Why is this religion A needed and not religion B?) is what I am looking for in responses.

I started with Satanism because, with respect to all religions, Satanism is more of an ANTI-religious practice than a religious practice. That is, Satanism acts against the purpose of religion in the most direct way(loosing of (christian)social law, raising of the individual desires over collective pragmatism. Direct challenge to established belief systems--mainly Christianity .) Yet, most people accept Satanism as a religion, and using this concept, the usage of Satanism as an example does help pose the questions I wish to ask.

By the way, Sid, Wicca is more of a Pagan religious system and conhtains several aspects akin to Nativism/Shamanism. Wicca is not Satanism. Wicca does not intend to destroy social aspects, but offers an alternative view on how to construct and approach Human society. In other words, Wicca is a religion, and not what I would consider an Anti-religious system.

lol. Scared you might learn something, Al? :eusa_angel:

Anne Marie ;)

Yeah, that you believe in witchcraft, sidney. You gotta admit, sounds an awful lot like superstition, and you know what Stevie Wonder had to say about that:

"When you believe in things,
That you don't understand,
And you suffer...
Superstition ain't the way!"

Hi Colorado,

Well, I know it sounds ridiculous but evil does indeed exist in this life. I stay as far from it as possible, which begs the question how I manage to post with the likes of Al and JB. Lmao!

Anne Marie

So, do you think that "evil" is necessary? What is the purpose of "evil" again?

Is it only necessary in this life, or is it needed in the afterlife as well?

Finally, how can a Christian protect themselves from "evi"l when there exists an entire book in the Bible(Job) in which "evil" comes to those that hold true to their faith? Does this not indicate that, despite the amount of faith a person have, "evil" can still befall them?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_69yvFZH9U&feature=related]YouTube - Bill Hicks - Satan In Music[/ame]

Forum List

Back