Do we need more or less government?

Clearly there are things governments do better than private industry and vice versa.

We need less crappy government and more good government.

Approaching this question with the supposition that government is bad or good is plain silly.

Government is what we make it.

Clearly there are things governments do better than private industry and vice versa.

We need less crappy government and more good government.

Approaching this question with the supposition that government is bad or good is plain silly.

Government is what we make it.

I wish that was still true but we some of things going on in government these days I'm not sure the people have a say anymore. I think it's safe to say that a majority of people want to drill for oil in this country but that is not getting done. We have a huge border problem and I think it's safe to say the majority of people in this country want something done about that...but of course nothing is being done.... frustrating.

My thought is to give the state government more control and take away control from the federal government. At least that way the people of the state may be able to keep up with what the government is doing. The Federal government is so big that people have no idea where their money is going... that sucks...

My thought is to give the state government more control and take away control from the federal government. At least that way the people of the state may be able to keep up with what the government is doing. The Federal government is so big that people have no idea where their money is going... that sucks...

There was a time when I would've stood up and cheered this sentiment and repped you up the wazoo for such insightful commentary. However over time I've come to the realization that Jefferson's vision of a United (soveriegn) "STATES" of America was a theoretically noble and beautiful, but pragmatically impossible pipe-dream. The natural evolution is necessarly toward either full control of the central governing body (i.e the United States) or the atrophication and ultimate powerlessness of the central governing body (i.e. the United Nations). fwiw: "State" used to mean what we now call a "Nation"

Last edited:
I wish that was still true but we some of things going on in government these days I'm not sure the people have a say anymore.

The people who say that have been telling us that government is evil for the last fifty years.

They've been whining about taxes the whole time too.

They're crybabies who make sweeping generalizations and who usually don't know doodle-squat about anything.

I think it's safe to say that a majority of people want to drill for oil in this country but that is not getting done. We have a huge border problem and I think it's safe to say the majority of people in this country want something done about that...but of course nothing is being done.... frustrating.

Thank both parties for that, sport.

I have no greater confidence in the State governments than Federal.

Why do you?

The people who say that have been telling us that government is evil for the last fifty years.

They've been whining about taxes the whole time too.

They're crybabies who make sweeping generalizations and who usually don't know doodle-squat about anything.

Thank both parties for that, sport.

I have no greater confidence in the State governments than Federal.

Why do you?

Edi win's another thread. I need to be this guy's friend. :D

how can the gop govern when they don't believe in government?

they sure proved government doesn't work.

The model our country started out with is that the govt should be unrestrictive enough for you to go out and create your own success. They're not there to figure out what it is you need and then give it to you. That is not the same as having no govt at all. It's what is meant by limited govt.

Forum List

Back