Do we need a new Declaration of Independence?

Smartt:
1. Our government no longer "derives their powers from the concent of the governed." At least, the people are not being represented by the government.
2. Is our government becoming destructive of the people's power?
3. Is a revolution reasonable yet? Should we "abolish" the current government powers?
4. Is a new (renewed) foundation called for?
5. Are we where the people were when this great dicument was written?

So, I guess the people are no longer voting for the congress and president, huh?

You are aware that in a revolution, there is no guarantee that what you're revolting against won't win, aren't you?

"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes;"

Smartt: I for one cannot really figure out what real and stable causes our government stands for these days. It stands for partisanship (division) greed, control in spite of the needs of the people, and much more on the negative side.

Apparently, judging by your response, you don't understand what that particular line from the DOI means.

I was responding to you OP as I read; I'll stop responding now because your responses to passages of the DOI has less and less relevance to the passage you're responding to as you go.

Last edited:
In direct support of the OP....​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7W6Xp6GG0M]YouTube - Adam Kokesh's speech (Revolution March)[/ame]

Forum List

Back