CDZ Do we need a new Branch of Government to investigate the others?

I don't know about that. But here is what I would propose.

A federal/private agency that has complete authority to investigate and prosecute ANY government employee, current or former with all agencies required by law to cooperate with them fully.

Not a full branch of the government, but a permanent and completely independent agency that has complete authority to use any resources available to the USG to complete its task.

How would it be populated?...obviously with the President's power to appoint officials at the Department of Justice our current system has a huge weakness.........

I'm up for suggestions on that. I dislike the idea of the watchers being appointed by those they are supposed to be watching, but would be hard to figure out a way around that.

Maybe it could be handled like jury duty to add some regular citizens to it with each state having so many civilians involved + a random drawing of federal judges to ensure that you also had people who are knowledgeable about the law? That would have to be worked out.
That's actually a very interesting idea. Unfortunately, we would need to have a well educated populace to make it effective long term. Something we simply do not have, and won't for the foreseeable future. IMO

It's broken now because Republicans have figured out demographics is going to render them unable to win national elections in the next couple election cycles. So they have fallen back on the only thing they have left to them nationally, using the power in the House of Representatives to launch political attacks against their opponents.
How is this different from the Democrat MO?

This Republican controlled Congress hasn't passed a budget since? 2009? 6 years?
True, and I despise them for it. However, is that due entirely to partisan politics on their part, or is there the same coming from the White House?

And they refuse to consult and consent on this president's Supreme Court nomination which they are required to do by the Constitution
They absolutely have a constitutional duty to do that immediately. It is skirting around the COTUS to defer to next year, hoping to get a different appointee.

Another great step would be sending Congress home.

The internet would allow them to conduct all their votes and debates online, while they themselves were in their home states , answering to their constituents directly on a daily basis.
Now there is a GREAT idea. Put my U.S. congress reps (Senate and House) back in their homes where it is easier for people to go and tell them face to face, they are "doing it wrong". It also makes lobbying more difficult, at least how it's done today.

if hilary wins.......Libertarianism is dead. The state will be so large, the uneducated voters from Mexico and the middle east will be in so many states.......voting democrat, and the Supreme Court will rule against freedom for the next 50 years...that there will be no one left to support the lone, Libertarian hold outs......
I'm not so sure. Even if you are correct, it may have the effect of hastening what is surely coming if we do nothing.

“This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing Government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it.” – Abraham Lincoln

“We need a revolution every 200 years, because all governments become stale and corrupt after 200 years.” – Ben Franklin

“When a government betrays the people by amassing too much power and becoming tyrannical, the people have no choice but to exercise the original rights of self defense – to fight the government.” – Alexander Hamilton

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.” – Thomas Jefferson

It may be time to "refresh the tree of liberty". I truly hope it does not take the literal blood of anyone, but I fear it will take the blood of many.

A federal/private agency that has complete authority to investigate and prosecute ANY government employee, current or former with all agencies required by law to cooperate with them fully.

Not a full branch of the government, but a permanent and completely independent agency that has complete authority to use any resources available to the USG to complete its task.

How would it be populated?...obviously with the President's power to appoint officials at the Department of Justice our current system has a huge weakness.........

That is up to the voters to decide.

If the voters decide that the Executive office is not living up to its responsibilities- voters can- and do vote- in the other Party.

And yes- Congress can take action.

Congress has acted before- but the GOP Congress knows that it would look just like it is- purely political.

See, YOUR'E part of the problem. Look man, Hillary is crooked as all get out, she HAS committed crimes, she's dirty. PERIOD, but Democrats are too dishonest to admit it and so we have people aping what the Democratic leadership claims "it's all political" that's bullshit. if YOU did EXACTLY what Hillary did visa vie her email your ass would be looking at prison time. PERIOD.

And that's not even considering the play for pay nonsense.

If the voters decide that the Executive office is not living up to its responsibilities- voters can- and do vote- in the other Party.

Congress has acted before- but the GOP Congress knows that it would look just like it is- purely political.

See, YOUR'E part of the problem. Look man, Hillary is crooked as all get out, she HAS committed crimes, she's dirty. PERIOD, but Democrats are too dishonest to admit it and so we have people aping what the Democratic leadership claims "it's all political" that's bullshit. if YOU did EXACTLY what Hillary did visa vie her email your ass would be looking at prison time. PERIOD.

Unlike you- I understand the CDZ.

In the CDZ you are supposed to respond to my post. Nothing about your post is a response to what I wrote.

Nothing.

Unlike you- I understand the CDZ.

In the CDZ you are supposed to respond to my post. Nothing about your post is a response to what I wrote.

Nothing.

Actually it responded DIRECTLY to your comment, you just didn't like the answer.

Congress hasn't passed a budget because of democrats......

Congress hasn't passed a budget because of democrats......

That's not entirely true, let's just be honest. The Republicans are idiots as well.

Just like this nonsense they are playing with the SCOTUS nomination. Just vote the guy down and be done with.

Forum List

Back