Do we have a right to be born????

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Since we're discussing gun rights, gay rights, voting rights, union rights, etc, etc, etc, lets talk about some other rights, one in particular:

Do you or I have a "right to be born"? Among other freedoms we've lost, we the people have lost the right to be born. Yep. Some or someones decided to let us be born rather than kill us. Luckily, all our moms decided to let us be born. But just because we did it doesn't mean we're free to be born, only that we were allowed to be born.

A baby concieved today does NOT have the freedom to be born. That right has been taken away. It's only going to be born if the mom decides to allow it to be born. The mom chose, in 99.9% of cases, to take the chance on getting pregnant. Now...there is a baby who wants to be born, and in my opinion has a right to be born, but has had the freedom of birth taken from it.

It seems to me that all out other God-given or government given rights, combined, can only be enjoyed after we are born, correct? So, wouldn't it seem obvious to any sane person that the NUMBER ONE right, number one freedom, that would trump all others in this world is................the right to be born??? If you and another person made me by choice, then I have a right to be born.

Or do liberals believe the freedom to be born is not as important as...say...the right to collective bargaining?

I say the Right to Be Born trumps gun rights, voting rights, union rights, health rights, speech rights, food, shelter, water, education, and ANY other right, you name it, and I guarantee the "Right to Be Born" trumps it.

I just couldn't help but think about this. See, in human history, most of our rights are recent. Voting, healthcare, shelter, food, unionizing, and all the other legitimate rights, and also the made up liberal feel good rights, that we have, are all the result of humans and society growing into our current state.

However, all the way back in the days of the cavemen, or hell, even when we were just slime on the side of a rock (supposedly) we can say one thing is for sure: Humans have been concieved, and born. So, when a child is made, does that child have a right to be born? Is it granted the "freedom" to be born? Or does a government and/or human get to decide whether that child is allowed to be born or not?

you may have a right to be born but you dont have a right for someone to birth you

the issue isnt about what rights the fetus /baby/ insert your favorite neotal human name here has

the issue is that no govt no court no person has a "right" to demand someone else give birth -

example - guy gets girl pregnant - he wants the kid she doesnt - can he take her to court and leglly compell her to carry thru the pregnancy to birth

no

( yes the reverse situation also sucks for the guy but thats a whole different arena - youd be pretty odd platform insisting that babies be born but that if guys dont want them they arent responsible for them .....or it would fall under my later scenario )

can a state or agent of the state compell someone to carry a pregnancy to term becuasse of some other entities intrest??

no

its certainly cant compel some person to get an abortion now can it ?? if the earlier mentioned guy DOESNT want to be a "dad" he cant take a woman to court and legally compel her to get an abortion can he? )

this is why the right to life argument fails repeatedly - how many people get to say what a woman can do about her pregnancy vis a vis ending it or continuing it?

doctors? gran parents? why not your boss? or your local housing committee? a company? the paperboy,

the system now allows the individual woman ( for whatever reason as great or as harebrained ) to decide about giving birth - its perfect because the only person who can fuck up the decision is the person making it - not baby daddy not the courts or your paperboy

yes it may offend some peoples morals - but is a free country -

you dont have a right to not be offended.

Last edited:
you may have a right to be born but you dont have a right for someone to birth you

That makes no sense.

A and B are the same thing. A cannot be true if B is not.

its certainly cant compel some person to get an abortion now can it ??
They could at one time in America. It would seem the Law can be wrong.
if the earlier mentioned guy DOESNT want to be a "dad" he cant take a woman to court and legally compel her to get an abortion can he? )

Adoption - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you dont have a right to not be offended.

Do you have a right to cause direct, physical, fatal harm to another?

I don't see how you can possibly have a right to life if you don't have a right to be born.

So it seems all the lefties avoided this one, except one guy who did an ok job explaining his point, although I don't agree with it.

I just don't understand how left wingers can march in the streets protesting and becoming violent over "union rights" and will declare just about anything in this world a "right" if they like it (Like how apparantly the inner city now has a "right" to wifi internet access that we must pay for.) BUT yet they will not concede that all other rights that are God given or government given can NOT be enjoyed unless one first gets to excercise the Right to Be Born.

Imagine if a freshly made child could talk. At 3 months in the womb. "Hey, world, I'm here!! Only 6 more months til I'm ready to come out!!"

Liberal: "Oh no you don't, "My dauther isn't gonna be punished with a child" (Barack Obama quote), someone get the stuff that we inject into that baby that burns it to death."

Someone said "The gov't can't force a person to give birth". Well, thats ONLY because the government can't punish someone for murdering an unborn baby. The government cannot FORCE you to take care of your sick 90 year old mother who is living in the spare bedroom and can't do anything for herself. BUT if you neglect her and let her rot away, you WILL be charged with homicide by neglect. "Elder Abuse" is the charge name. Same as how the government can't force you to raise your child right (See: Ghettos) but it can punish you if you neglect them.

So, there is already a framework in place that would allow us to say "The government can't force you to give birth. But, the government can charge you for murdering an unborn baby." See how that works? NO ONE is forcing a woman to give birth. 99.9% of the time, she CHOSE to take the risk.

We have an entire generation of children who are murdered. It's particularly hit the black community and ghettos hard. Is it any wonder why, then, in those communities where abortion is so common and accepted that the kids who do live grow up as gang members who also put no value in life? Value in a life is something a society and culture share, and their norms reflect that.

We obviously value life very little if we believe Union Rights trump the Right to Be Born. Well, at least left wingers believe that anyway.

Some people view an unborn baby as simply a parasite. Wasn't there some guy who even advocated for the choice to "terminate" the child up until their second birthday??:cuckoo: Anyway, I still think the government should play a very limited role in this arena, such as not providing funding. In the end, it is a woman's choice, regardless if she has the blessing of the government. In either case, where there's a will, there's a way.

Since we're discussing gun rights, gay rights, voting rights, union rights, etc, etc, etc, lets talk about some other rights, one in particular:

Do you or I have a "right to be born"? Among other freedoms we've lost, we the people have lost the right to be born. Yep. Some or someones decided to let us be born rather than kill us. Luckily, all our moms decided to let us be born. But just because we did it doesn't mean we're free to be born, only that we were allowed to be born.

A baby concieved today does NOT have the freedom to be born. That right has been taken away. It's only going to be born if the mom decides to allow it to be born. The mom chose, in 99.9% of cases, to take the chance on getting pregnant. Now...there is a baby who wants to be born, and in my opinion has a right to be born, but has had the freedom of birth taken from it.

It seems to me that all out other God-given or government given rights, combined, can only be enjoyed after we are born, correct? So, wouldn't it seem obvious to any sane person that the NUMBER ONE right, number one freedom, that would trump all others in this world is................the right to be born??? If you and another person made me by choice, then I have a right to be born.

Or do liberals believe the freedom to be born is not as important as...say...the right to collective bargaining?

I say the Right to Be Born trumps gun rights, voting rights, union rights, health rights, speech rights, food, shelter, water, education, and ANY other right, you name it, and I guarantee the "Right to Be Born" trumps it.

You have that right if your mommy gave it to you, kid.

Just like the rest of us.

Do you or I have a "right to be born"? Among other freedoms we've lost, we the people have lost the right to be born.
You make it sound like some kind of accomplishment, on your part.

Wankin.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cwOqKfEYTg]YouTube - God bless America? and Fuck Pride *RIP George Carlin*[/ame]​

Last edited:
In the world today a woman's right to choose trumps an individual's right to life. Yup, choice beats life. Now that's some fucked up shit right there.

Do you have the right to be cared for after you're born? Whose responsibility is that?

In the world today a woman's right to choose trumps an individual's right to life. Yup, choice beats life. Now that's some fucked up shit right there.
Yeah....we need to do something about those folks who choose to have tumors removed, TOO!!!

If God didn't want them to have a tumor, He wouldn't have PUT it there, in the FIRST place!!!!

Do you have the right to be cared for after you're born? Whose responsibility is that?

I'll interpret the stunned silence as a 'no', so I guess, while you have a right to be born, once that's accomplished...

...you're on your own, sink or swim, you have no rights to life thereafter.

Yeah....we need to do something about those folks who choose to have tumors removed, TOO!!!

If God didn't want them to have a tumor, He wouldn't have PUT it there, in the FIRST place!!!!
So you're a cancerous tumour? :rolleyes:

So you're a cancerous tumour? :rolleyes:

Explains a lot doesn't it?

I'll interpret the stunned silence as a 'no', so I guess, while you have a right to be born, once that's accomplished...

...you're on your own, sink or swim, you have no rights to life thereafter.

That's only if you're born a Republican.

Forum List

Back