Do We Have A Case?

LAfrique

VIP Member
May 16, 2011
Days ago, an abused Houston-area teenage girl who has unsuccessfully sought help from authorities committed suicide immediately after having tweeted hundreds of tweets describing her long ordeal, and all while being followed by several entities and by nosy Twitter police and big brother.

Why did Twitter police or online watchdog not intervene? On several occasions, I have had Twitter block my flamboyant tweets when tweet-related issues are hot and then conveniently display my tweets hours later when heat on tweet-related issues have subsided!

The traumatized girl, Miss Ashley Billasano of Rosenberg’s BF Terry High School, had skipped school and took to the internet hoping to get help and none came, even with several entities following her ordeal online! With all the alerts and surveillance, no help came to Ashley Billasano when it mattered.

Are there grounds to go after Twitter or nosy bog brother on issues such as this? If their nosiness cannot even intervene when a desperate youth needs help, why tolerate them?

Why Didn't They Intervene? - 18-Year-old Girl Tweets 144 Times before Committing Suicide

You don't have to tolerate Twitter. I've never been on Twitter in my life.

Here is your problem. The first question is, does Twitter, no matter how nosy they might be, have a duty to intervene?

I don't know what the Twitter police does, if they are looking for harassment, or on-line predators, they might not have a duty to intervene at all when someone is in distress no matter how severe.

Here is your problem. The first question is, does Twitter, no matter how nosy they might be, have a duty to intervene?

I don't know what the Twitter police does, if they are looking for harassment, or on-line predators, they might not have a duty to intervene at all when someone is in distress no matter how severe.

Really? Harassment is of greater concern than a desperate youth in dire need of assistance?

You know what? Sometimes I really believe I am in an era I belong not; I had simply time traveled to wrong era or dimension or universe.

in history there are many examples of other countries to interfere in the internal affairs of independent countries. For example, Libya. Next country of Iran, and then Belarus. But if Iran's oil, why do we Belarus? Belarus is no oil. I found a video of what is happening in Belarus and Europe now. We are funding the opposition of those countries that we do not need, we say there violated human rights, and what is happening with us? Here is the video YouTube -} ziklon100 -} "Integration into the European Union!"

Last edited:
Here's the deal, the D.A's office looked into the case and the Grand Jury decided there was not enough evidence to support an indictment. It's not hard to get an indictment and that should be a red flag that the 18 year old girl might have been disturbed. There is not enough information in the link to determine what the problem is. Does the story allege that some government agency should have intercepted 144 twitter messages?

Really? Harassment is of greater concern than a desperate youth in dire need of assistance?

You know what? Sometimes I really believe I am in an era I belong not; I had simply time traveled to wrong era or dimension or universe.

That's because you want what should be instead of what is.

If the twitter police are supposed to be looking out for harassment, that's the extent of their duty of care. They just have no duty of care to someone in some other kind of distress. It's not a matter of concern. It is a matter of legal obligation.

Try this. Someone is hired to clean up trash on the beach and required to report any dead whales, dolphins or seals that wash up. While they are so engaged, they observe someone screaming for help drowning in the waves. Is there a legal duty to call for help? The answer is no. They don't. Suppose the person is a certified lifeguard, does that mean there is a duty to help or call for help? The answer is no. They don't.

I suppose the answer to your question as to whether or not there is a case is no, you don't.

so if someone were to tweet that thye have blue balls, they should be able to sue twitter if twitter dont send over a hot 21 year old blonde to blow that person?

Last edited:
in history there are many examples of other countries to interfere in the internal affairs of independent countries. For example, Libya. Next country of Iran, and then Belarus. But if Iran's oil, why do we Belarus? Belarus is no oil. I found a video of what is happening in Belarus and Europe now. We are funding the opposition of those countries that we do not need, we say there violated human rights, and what is happening with us? Here is the video YouTube -} ziklon100 -} "Integration into the European Union!"

Jackal, please stick to the topic in this discussion, would you. This discussion is about an abused Houston-area teenage girl who did not get help from authorities and turned to Twitter as last resort, and yet no one reached out to her. Got it?

Here's the deal, the D.A's office looked into the case and the Grand Jury decided there was not enough evidence to support an indictment. It's not hard to get an indictment and that should be a red flag that the 18 year old girl might have been disturbed. There is not enough information in the link to determine what the problem is. Does the story allege that some government agency should have intercepted 144 twitter messages?

Whitehall, which case are you talking about?

Jackal, please stick to the topic in this discussion, would you. This discussion is about an abused Houston-area teenage girl who did not get help from authorities and turned to Twitter as last resort, and yet no one reached out to her. Got it?

Why would anyone be obligated to reach out to her? Because it would be really cool if they did?

Forum List

Back