Do we fart more as we get older?

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
This is a serious question (sort of). After I passed 50 years of age, I've noticed a considerable increase in my flatulence. And I haven't really changed my diet that much. I've searched a few sites but haven't been able to get a definitive answer. So I'd appreciate any links that may give me a solid answer. I'll be waiting with bated breath.......

Farts are natural as you get older. When you start shitting your pants then you need to worry. Remember neva eva trust a fart past 60.

Yes you'll gradually become more flatulent Bluz, fact is....if you start training your sphincter before you retire AAAA EEEE IIIII OOOOOO UUUU, you should be able to place your 'bowl of gruel' order in the fossil home w/out ado.....

~S~

I’m young and love farting as much as I can. I like blaming it on others. :)

Farts are natural as you get older. When you start shitting your pants then you need to worry. Remember neva eva trust a fart past 60.

After 60+ years of farting, one should be practiced enough to know the difference between wet and dry

When I was a young engineer there was this old crusty codger that was always trying to be a wise guy. There were 3 of us in his cubicle talking about a new employee rule. The old guy says "You know what I think of that rule? This!" He then tried to fart but did a hershey squirt instead. The look on his face was priceless! :21:

This is a serious question (sort of). After I passed 50 years of age, I've noticed a considerable increase in my flatulence. And I haven't really changed my diet that much. I've searched a few sites but haven't been able to get a definitive answer. So I'd appreciate any links that may give me a solid answer. I'll be waiting with bated breath.......

As you get older, your body changes in many different ways, and one of them is the bacteria in your bowels. When you are younger, you are able to digest the food better and your body can handle lots of different things without too much trouble.

As you get older, the bacteria change or grow weaker, resulting in your digestion not being what it was when you were 20, meaning that you produce more gas, and fart more as a result.

And, another interesting change is that your taste buds grow weaker and fewer, resulting in you changing what you like to eat.

When I was a young engineer there was this old crusty codger that was always trying to be a wise guy. There were 3 of us in his cubicle talking about a new employee rule. The old guy says "You know what I think of that rule? This!" He then tried to fart but did a hershey squirt instead. The look on his face was priceless! :21:

On my first ship, it was kind of a tradition the day after we pulled into a foreign port to have a fart contest. Points were awarded for the loudest, and smelliest, as well as which has the longer hang time.

There were some of us that would go out the night we pulled in and feast on a diet of pickled eggs and beer. Made for some of the best farts.

Dietary requirements change as people age. You said your diet hasn't. That's a possible clue. When I really clamp down on my nutrition I find d that I seldom fart. Then when I go into a bulking g phase, and start loading carbs (something my body doesn't really need) I get noticeably gassy...

A little old lady goes to the doctor and says, “Doctor, I have a terrible problem with gas, but it doesn’t bother me much.”
renderTimingPixel.png

My farts are always silent and never smell. I probably farted 15 times since I’ve been here, and you didn’t realize it.

The doctor says, “Interesting. Why don’t you take these pills and come see me in a week?”

The old lady returns in a week and says, “I don’t know what the hell you gave me. My farts are still silent, but my God, they stink!!”

The doctor says, “Excellent. Now that your sinuses are cleared, let’s work on your hearing.”

Certain medicines can cause gas in older people....diabetes pills are a good example

I'm past 60 and all my farts have been trustworthy.

lol at this thread!!!! I love it when threads make me..well..laugh. And hopefully not hard enough to fart/poop!

Forum List

Back