Do US veterans feel they and the military is being used properly?

may have served longer than you, and in the 9th Infantry battalions certainly, 9thID. Your comments demonstrate you have almost no understanding of our role, abilities, and limitations in international world. Your mouthing is nothing useful at all.

I don't understand our role in the "international world"? Sure looks to me that you are one of the ones blaming us for honoring our international commitments and alliances. Ever hear of NATO or the UN?

I have tremendous respect for Hossfly, but I disagree with him on this issue of fighting across the world. We can defend ourselves easily with our naval and air and ground forces without going overseas.

Guess you must have missed Perl Harbor and 9/11. Look em up, they were in all the papers.

"A war of OUR making, as the Vietnamese would have reunited under Ho had the promised elections been held."

Communist propaganda at it's finest.
Historical fact: North Vietnam invaded South Vietnam. No invasion=no war. Doesn't get simpler than that.
Also there is no good reason to believe that fair elections would have unified the Vietnams

Yo, JakeStarkey, why are you thanking my post when you took the time to let me know you were putting me on IGNORE? Did I sob for days for nothing?
Think you got me mixed up with someone else, which is not unusual for you. I am glad it was important enough to remind me of your (mistaken) concern. :lol:
Can I have permission to post the proof?
Was that after you were going to Ignore me? :lol: Is your concern then not mistaken? Such a whiner. :)
I never use the ignore feature.
Again, may I post the proof?
Do I have your permission to post the entire Conversation string? You don't get to cherry pick, son.

Yo, JakeStarkey, why are you thanking my post when you took the time to let me know you were putting me on IGNORE? Did I sob for days for nothing?
Think you got me mixed up with someone else, which is not unusual for you. I am glad it was important enough to remind me of your (mistaken) concern. :lol:
Was that after you were going to Ignore me? :lol: Is your concern then not mistaken? Such a whiner. :)
Do I have your permission to post the entire Conversation string? You don't get to cherry pick, son.
By all means.

Post the part where you snitched on me to the mods, who ignored you, and the part where I told you to fuck yourself.

By all means.Post the part where you snitched on me to the mods, who ignored you, and the part where I told you to fuck yourself.
Thank you for permitting me do what I requested. The little bitch is upset and started making insinuations about who supported pedophilia on the Board in violations of the rules, I reported him and told him that I had reported, and he started crying. I told him I was going to Ignore him then I did not. He says the mods did nothing but that I doubt. They don't play games with pedophilia and accusations. I own you, roadrunner, and that's the end of it.

Last edited:
T
By all means.Post the part where you snitched on me to the mods, who ignored you, and the part where I told you to fuck yourself.
Thank you for permitting me do what I requested. The little bitch is upset and started making insinuations about who supported pedophilia on the Board in violations of the rules, I reported him and told him that I had reported, and he started crying. I told him I was going to Ignore him then I did not. He says the mods did nothing but that I doubt. They don't play games with pedophilia and accusations. I own you, roadrunner, and that's the end of it.
You did not post the unsolicited PMs you sent, so you own nothing.

Can I post them?

Where oh where is RR who does not want the entire string posted?

I will post it if you say "Post the entire string." If not, I own you.

Where oh where is RR who does not want the entire string posted?

I will post it if you say "Post the entire string." If not, I own you.
Post the entire string of PM's.

Go right ahead.

Post the mod action taken too.

You are awfully invested in this, for one who said you were putting me on ignore.

:lol: You sure backed down and have not made any other such insinuations.

Which was exactly my point.

Don't use that as an attack about folks you don't know in violation of the rules.

:lol: You sure backed down and have not made any other such insinuations.

Which was exactly my point.

Don't use that as an attack about folks you don't know in violation of the rules.
Chickenshit, why don't you post the PM or give me permission too.

The rule, BTW, says you can't accuse a person of pedophilia, it does not say you can't say a person might support a convicted ped teaching school.

Post anything you want, I am a libertarian.

So post away, I have NOTHING to hide, unlike you.

You are a whiner is what you are. You violated the rule with your insinuation that some supports a pedophile teaching school. Admit you were wrong and move along.

Every military adventure in the bloody 20th century happened during a democrat administration. Woodrow Wilson told Americans that he would never send American kids to fight in a foreign war and then he (or his wife) sent the Doughboys to be gassed and save France from the Hun. A quarter of a century later we had to do it again. Under FDR life was cheap and a direct attack on an impregnable fortress seemed like good idea. The media raved about the alleged secrecy of D-Day and the fact that "only" 3,000 Americans were killed in 24 hours. They forgot that we lost another 100,000 in the next couple of months. Somehow the Allies became convinced that killing civilians with massive air strikes (including the Bomb) would convince maniacs to surrender. The media called Korea the "forgotten war" because it was managed so badly under Truman and they couldn't bear to criticize a democrat. JFK decided to illegally use the CIA to raise an invasion army to take Cuba and then he lost his nerve. LBJ faked a crisis and set the rules so that we could win every battle in Vietnam and still lose the war.
Life was not cheap under FDR, maybe under Hoover but FDR began dispensing aid to hungry Americans almost immediately. The world knew we were going to invade France, where did you get the idea that it was a secret? Why did Germany build the Atlantic wall, and tie up divisions that could have been used on the Eastern front? Some secret, England was so heavily laden down with military equipment for the invasion that it was said only the barrage balloons kept England from sinking.
It is true that in a war lives are lost, and mistakes made, but the beauty of posting on these boards is that we can easily correct all those historical mistakes some seventy years later. Korea was called the forgotten war because so many people forgot.
D-Day was the biggest secret in history (according to pop-culture). The Germans never knew what hit them at Normandy except that we lost about 3,000 Troops in a day. Nobody talks about the 100,000 Troops we lost during the breakout. FDR took a recession and turned it into a man killing, bodies in ditches depression in eight years. When I said "lives were cheap" I was talking about FDR's joke of a preparation and handling of the war. We lost an entire army in the Philippines because FDR appointed an egomaniac former WW1 veteran to be in charge of the area most likely to be attacked by Japan. Korea wasn't called the "forgotten war" because Americans forgot about it, how could we when we still posted Troops on the 38th Parallel for the next fifty years? Korea was forgotten because the media refused to cover the mess that Truman and MacArthur made of it.
First as to FDR. Why have the best American historians rated FDR as one of the top three presidents since the ratings began in 1948, and in the last rating almost 70 years later rated FDR best American president? Add to that the American people elected FDR four times in a row, hardly a vote for a life is cheap president.
Unless a person didn't know WWII was on, we knew the DDay invasion would be France and across from England. That was a given. We also knew there would be casualties.
The Filipinos were to be given their independence in 1946 and hired MacArthur to prepare their army for independence. You also might check what size that American army was that we lost in the Philippines in 1942, was it an army or a regiment?. When WWII began Field Marshall MacArthur went back into US service. If Korea was called the forgotten war, was it because people forgot.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back