Do those silly-looking windmills really provide

It's easy being a lib, they operate on emotion.They wish windmills produced enough energy so therefore they do and they don't have to do any research. The other emotion libs are big into is hatred but that's another story.

A really dumb statement.

Wind Powering America: U.S. Installed Wind Capacity and Wind Project Locations

And this is out of date. On one windy day, recently, the mills in Oregon were producing over 3 gw of power.

I guess I struck a nerve since konrad and rockie took immediate offense to my observation that libs operate on emotion. They "hope" that windmills "change" things but hope is an emotion and change is what you have left in your pocket after the libs spend everything else on "alternate" energy.

That's a "FAIL", since I didn't address the merits of windmills at all. The only nerve you seem to have struck is your own knee-jerk reflex. :cool:

I drive by hundreds of these mill whenever I go to Eastern Oregon. I have yet to see any oil on the ground. And I rather imagine they use a very high priced synthetic oil, one that they would recycle, filter, and use again. For that is what we do with the oil we use in the gear boxs in our steel mill.
You "imagine," I don't. I worked in the industry, I know. Wind power is a fraud and always has been. It is NOT viable. It's good for oil magnates like Pickens though, who can dictate what lubricant is used.

Well, you sure have the partisan politics part correct. If these Conservatives had their way, we would still be shoveling horseshit out of the streets.

I don't know if the fuel cells will ever be reasonably enough priced to be a factor. However, the combination of a reasonably priced fuel cell and a high efficiency, 40% or better, cheap solar cell, would certainly change the landscape of energy production worldwide. It could make the majority of home owners producers of energy as well as consumers.
What would be a reasonable price? If I could buy a fuel cell for say $20,000 and then heat water, provide HVAC, and power all the electrical devices in my home for the next twenty years, all the while NOT paying a utility bill, I'd jump on it like Oprah on a glazed ham!

Honda Worldwide | Fuel Cell

Honda Worldwide | January 27, 2010 "Honda Begins Operation of New Solar Hydrogen Station"

Tax Credits for Residential Fuel Cells | HouseLogic

50k at present for a natural gas fuel cell for a home. 20k would make sense, providing heat, electricity for the home, and fuel for a vehicle.
There has always been expensive technology in the first generation.

What did you pay for a DVD player in 1995? Last summer, I bought two of them for a combined $50.

I drive by hundreds of these mill whenever I go to Eastern Oregon. I have yet to see any oil on the ground. And I rather imagine they use a very high priced synthetic oil, one that they would recycle, filter, and use again. For that is what we do with the oil we use in the gear boxs in our steel mill.
You "imagine," I don't. I worked in the industry, I know. Wind power is a fraud and always has been. It is NOT viable. It's good for oil magnates like Pickens though, who can dictate what lubricant is used.

Whee.... Really? You worked in the industry? Then claim that someone in another corperation dictates what lubricant is used in the mills?

Midnight, you are full of shit. The engineers that design the machinery dictate what lubricant is used in the machinery. And if there is a change, it is done by the owners of the machinery.

Wind power is viable and is being installed by the tens of megawatts in this nation on a daily basis now. In fact, over 40% of our new generating capacity being installed is wind. Silly asses like yourself can stand out in left field doing the "neener, neener," act all day long, and it won't make a bit of differance. Wind is part of the solution to adaquete energy.

Wind Powering America: U.S. Installed Wind Capacity and Wind Project Locations

2 gw to 40 gw from 1999 to 2010.

The liberal media isn't talking about rumors of bird kills, liberal agenda trumps animal rights. Nobody in the media is talking about the vibrations and low frequency hum causing human health problems. Most of all the liberal media hardly talks about shoddy (or standard) workmanship that caused a windmill off Nantucket to lose a blade and a windmill in Ca. to spin out of control causing a highway to be shut down. Factor in the piddly return on a big offensive intrusion in the envirement and you have a gigantic fraud passing itself off as an energy source.

The liberal media isn't talking about rumors of bird kills, liberal agenda trumps animal rights. Nobody in the media is talking about the vibrations and low frequency hum causing human health problems. Most of all the liberal media hardly talks about shoddy (or standard) workmanship that caused a windmill off Nantucket to lose a blade and a windmill in Ca. to spin out of control causing a highway to be shut down. Factor in the piddly return on a big offensive intrusion in the envirement and you have a gigantic fraud passing itself off as an energy source.

I will second the motion wind mills should not be built uphill of elementary schools or nuclear power plants.

If the government is funding anything to protect our boys in uniform from having to care about Iraq it should be alternative energy sources. Hydro, wind, solar, all have their problems.

Low frequency hums lol. Next they'll be wanting to protect me from the hums and electro magnetics of my MarkVIII. Oh well. Carry on the research into that also. At one point werent they using x-rays to see if shoes fit well? Seems an obvious bad idea now.

power forthe 21st century?

Drill baby drill

and build more nuclear plants.................................

If stupidity and pigheadedness was fuel America would be the energy capital of the world, that's for damned sure!

Huge problem with present nuclear plants. Spent rod storage. Now being stored at four times the density that the pools were designed for. Of course, that is just OK, until something, like an 8 quake, shakes them up, and takes away the power to keep them cool. Of course, that cannot happen, right?

40 gw is a piddly return? Whitey, that is the typical dumb ass statement of the people that, in a former time, would have been Luddites. You, and the people like you, are truly the Luddites of today.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

Forum List

Back