Do This When You See Someone Wearing A Ballcap or Sports Jersey.

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
Give them a little quiz.

Everyday I see people all over wearing their favorite teams jersey or cap. Those same people are usually engaged in very animated conversations about "their" teams.

I was in line at my favorite arts and crafts store today getting some glue for one of my projects and this guy wearing a Washington Redskins jacket was ahead of me discussing with another guy how much better the Redskins should be next year. He was talking about them like he was a part owner or something. "We'll be so much more improved next year", and "We should get some good players in the next draft". Stuff like that.

I asked the guy; "You a Redskins fan huh?" and he looked at me all wild eyed and said "Yeah! Why?". I said oh I don't know much about football, sounds fun though!

I asked him all about the team, what division they're in, what other teams they play, how many games in a season, when the Super Bowl is, who is playing and if he'd been to any games. He knew all that and more! He was very happy to demonstrate his extensive knowledge of the NFL and the Washington Redskins!

When he was done I said, "Can I ask you a personal question?" He was a little taken aback by that but said "Yeah what?"

Do you know what the 4th Amendment to the Constitution is?

He got that "deer in the headlights" look and confessed rather sheepishly: "Uh, no. I don't know". I said "But you know all about the Washington Redskins right?"

The conversation was over! :lol:

I didn't stop though. "If the NFL were to go out of business tomorrow, how would your life be different?" He thought about it for a second and said "Not much, not at all really".

I then asked, "If the Constitution were taken away tomorrow, how would your life be different?" He said "Oh man, my life would be completely different. My life would be over!"

So I said asked "Which is more important?"

Think about this when you're watching, along with a billion other people
the all important "Super Bowl" next Sunday. The "World Championship" of American Football with all those 3 or 4 million dollar per 30 second commercials.

Think about this when "your team" does something stupid or shocking to lose such an "important" game as the Super Bowl.

I know what your thinking; "You wouldn't get away with that in my hood!" Actually, the only people who have been combative with me have been women! :eek:

(It helps that I'm 6 foot and in shape too!)

Women think I'm being sexist. Many women, if I ask a question about the team just snap back at me "I don't know!". But they love them pink jerseys don't they? :lol:

I'm not much into any sport, but if I had to pick a favorite, it would be basketball.
But around my parts....people are big orange Crazzzzzzy.....everybody wears orange when the Tennessee Vols play.
Football is more popular here than basketball.....but folks here love their orange shirts ~LoL~
I say *blech*......altho I am a Tennessean....I loathe the orange color and the big "T" logo.....and I do not root for that team 'just because' I live in Tennessee. Some people I know feel like you have to go for the home team, if you live there, regardless.
Such bullshit.....I say root for who you want to......who cares if you live in Arkansas and root for Texas!

Cute story tho MS :)

Oh I KNOW how stupid and violent people can be when you're not wearing the correct GANG COLORS! Which is funny because those "gangs" (teams) don't even know you exist!

I was on the DC subway a few years a go on the day the Redskins were to play the Cowboys on Monday night. Everyone was dressed in Redskins colors and what should happen? One guy had the audacity to get on the train wearing a Gasp! COWBOYS JERSEY! :eek:

Most everyone on the trains started booing him and yelling stupid shit at him. I asked the guy next to me "Wow, you really take your life in you own hands when you wear THAT here don't ya'?" He said "Oh yeah man, we take our foot ball serious here in DC, REAL serious!"

What a joke that is because if Dan Snyder got a good deal, he'd move the Redskins to fuckin' China and rename then the "Yellowskins"! (How soon people forget about Al Davis) And all those sorry ass fans would be cryin' like they'd just lost the war! They might even riot! Naw, they would definitely riot!

Give them a little quiz.

Everyday I see people all over wearing their favorite teams jersey or cap. Those same people are usually engaged in very animated conversations about "their" teams.

I was in line at my favorite arts and crafts store today getting some glue for one of my projects and this guy wearing a Washington Redskins jacket was ahead of me discussing with another guy how much better the Redskins should be next year. He was talking about them like he was a part owner or something. "We'll be so much more improved next year", and "We should get some good players in the next draft". Stuff like that.

I asked the guy; "You a Redskins fan huh?" and he looked at me all wild eyed and said "Yeah! Why?". I said oh I don't know much about football, sounds fun though!

I asked him all about the team, what division they're in, what other teams they play, how many games in a season, when the Super Bowl is, who is playing and if he'd been to any games. He knew all that and more! He was very happy to demonstrate his extensive knowledge of the NFL and the Washington Redskins!

When he was done I said, "Can I ask you a personal question?" He was a little taken aback by that but said "Yeah what?"

He got that "deer in the headlights" look and confessed rather sheepishly: "Uh, no. I don't know". I said "But you know all about the Washington Redskins right?"

I didn't stop though. "If the NFL were to go out of business tomorrow, how would your life be different?" He thought about it for a second and said "Not much, not at all really".

I then asked, "If the Constitution were taken away tomorrow, how would your life be different?" He said "Oh man, my life would be completely different. My life would be over!"

the all important "Super Bowl" next Sunday. The "World Championship" of American Football with all those 3 or 4 million dollar per 30 second commercials.

Think about this when "your team" does something stupid or shocking to lose such an "important" game as the Super Bowl.

I'll bet your dentist owns a boat.

Oh I KNOW how stupid and violent people can be when you're not wearing the correct GANG COLORS! Which is funny because those "gangs" (teams) don't even know you exist!

I was on the DC subway a few years a go on the day the Redskins were to play the Cowboys on Monday night. Everyone was dressed in Redskins colors and what should happen? One guy had the audacity to get on the train wearing a Gasp! COWBOYS JERSEY! :eek:

Most everyone on the trains started booing him and yelling stupid shit at him. I asked the guy next to me "Wow, you really take your life in you own hands when you wear THAT here don't ya'?" He said "Oh yeah man, we take our foot ball serious here in DC, REAL serious!"

What a joke that is because if Dan Snyder got a good deal, he'd move the Redskins to fuckin' China and rename then the "Yellowskins"! (How soon people forget about Al Davis) And all those sorry ass fans would be cryin' like they'd just lost the war! They might even riot! Naw, they would definitely riot!

You're a fucking idiot.

I'll bet your dentist owns a boat.
My Dentist is my Father and yes, he used to own a boat. A Tahiti with a Mercury outboard. We'd take it to Puddingstone Lake in the late 60's early 70's. I think it's called Frank G. Boneli park now?

Is it still an insult if I don't get it? :confused:

Last edited:
Give them a little quiz.

Do you always suck all of the joy out of any room you enter?

Give them a little quiz.

^----This post is definitely from a guy who still has friction burn from the wedgies he received in high school.

Give them a little quiz.

Dude.

Save everyone time and never appear in public without a T-Shirt that says "crackpot."

And have some Gatorade. I hear it cures teh ghey.

^----This post is definitely from a guy who still has friction burn from the wedgies he received in high school.
Cuts a little too close to home huh? You had to look up the 4th Amendment as well? Figures, I'll bet you know exactly what the Boston Celtics win/loss record is though.
Remember Art, if N.E. loses next Sunday you will be Less of a Man! :lol:
Save everyone time and never appear in public without a T-Shirt that says "crackpot." And have some Gatorade. I hear it cures teh ghey.
Gatorade is colored sugar water, but I'm sure you probably believe whatever they tell you on TV about it's "magical athletic powers" and buy it by the case.

Forum List

Back