Do these people have any of your sympathy?

Truthout.org Thursday 09 April 2009

"Millions of laid-off workers are being forced to make tough decisions about their futures. Since the recession began in December 2007, the economy has lost more than 5 million jobs. In March, U.S. employers cut 663,000 jobs. "

"2.6 million jobs lost in 2008 nationwide"

Since the recession began in December 2007, 5.1 million jobs have been lost, with almost two-thirds
(3.3 million) of the decrease occurring in the last 5 months.
Employment situation. Bureau of Labor Statitics
"Apr 3, 2009 ... The construction industry lost 126000 jobs in March, with declines ... the first quarter averaged 17000 compared with 30000 per month in 2008. ... U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Division of Current Employment Statistics ..."

Last edited:
Americans have lost jobs. Millions of them, I don't think Obama can relate to that, despite his persona and all the good press he gets. He's out of the loop. He doesn't get "it" . He doesn't live with around illegal aliens, he doesn't work with them and they don't marry into his family. He isn't even black despite the way he is portrayed. He's "something" and he doesn't stand for anything.

Unless you live in some town next to the border and miles beyond, you have NO clue as to the problems these illegals bring with them. And in spite of their low earnings, they are still better off here than they are in their own country where, in case many of you did not know, they live under trees and in cardboard boxes. The USA has to stop trying to be ALL things to ALL people/countries!! As they do this at the expense of the american citizen.[/B]

Are town was full of illegals and after the raid we are suffing financially. Do we have your sympathy?

Shouldn't we get some federal money to help us out of this situation?

Our schools lost three hundred children from the immigration raid at the packing plant. We think you the tax payer should make up the money we lost. Don't you?

"I own seventy five houses that now are setting empty. I need some federal relief money." Do you think they should they get some assistance?

Wait a minute.

You own 75 houses? And they are now empty? So you were renting to illegals? So it's OK for you to profit from illegal immigrants but no one else? Maybe you should be prosecuted along with the businesses who hired the crimigrants.

Last edited:
Are town was full of illegals and after the raid we are suffing financially. Do we have your sympathy?

Our schools lost three hundred children from the immigration raid at the packing plant. We think you the tax payer should make up the money we lost. Don't you?

"I own seventy five houses that now are setting empty. I need some federal relief money." Do you think they should they get some assistance?

Wait a minute.

You own 75 houses? And they are now empty? So you were renting to illegals? So it's OK for you to profit from illegal immigrants but no one else? Maybe you should be prosecuted along with the businesses who hired the crimigrants.
Cute, you got me Skull Pilot. I did quote the person in Iowa that is whining about their seventy-five empty rentals.

If in fact I owned rentals that I rented to illegals knowing that they were "crimigrants". I would probably deserve to be prosecuted for being complicit in the crimes along with the rest that should be prosecuted in these cases. I don't though so I am not worried about it.

I truly think with need to take the profits out of all crimes. Let's start with bankers, their politicians and illegal employers and illegal immigrants. I think we should start putting all that money the government has collected off of the illicit drug trade to work catching more big greedy criminal types. What do you think?

Wait a minute.

Cute, you got me Skull Pilot. I did quote the person in Iowa that is whining about their seventy-five empty rentals.

If in fact I owned rentals that I rented to illegals knowing that they were "crimigrants". I would probably deserve to be prosecuted for being complicit in the crimes along with the rest that should be prosecuted in these cases. I don't though so I am not worried about it.

I truly think with need to take the profits out of all crimes. Let's start with bankers, their politicians and illegal employers and illegal immigrants. I think we should start putting all that money the government has collected off of the illicit drug trade to work catching more big greedy criminal types. What do you think?

better to use the even greater amount of money spent to stop the drug trade on other things.

Imagine if the billions spent on DEA operations to stop drugs was spent on border security that would make it impossible to smuggle drugs in any great quantity into the country. If ALL vehicle, air and boat traffic into this country was properly controlled, it would be all but impossible to smuggle drugs into the country.

If every entry point into the country was run like an airport, do you think people would be able to smuggle tons of drugs into the country?

Along with comprehensive border security, we should decriminalize many drugs. The money saved would be more than enough to provide treatment for those who want it and the rest could be invested in our cities and towns. Prisons would be less crowded and reserved for violent offenders rather than people with minor drug convictions that often receive harsher sentences than murderers.

Common sense? Maybe that's why no one suggests it.

Wait a minute.

better to use the even greater amount of money spent to stop the drug trade on other things.

Imagine if the billions spent on DEA operations to stop drugs was spent on border security that would make it impossible to smuggle drugs in any great quantity into the country. If ALL vehicle, air and boat traffic into this country was properly controlled, it would be all but impossible to smuggle drugs into the country.

If every entry point into the country was run like an airport, do you think people would be able to smuggle tons of drugs into the country?

Along with comprehensive border security, we should decriminalize many drugs. The money saved would be more than enough to provide treatment for those who want it and the rest could be invested in our cities and towns. Prisons would be less crowded and reserved for violent offenders rather than people with minor drug convictions that often receive harsher sentences than murderers.

Common sense? Maybe that's why no one suggests it.
But who would pay for all those beds?

Money. It all that is considered and common sense does not seem to apply. I do like your concept about every entry point being better managed.

I could agree there are a lot of beds taxpayers pay for that really should not be included in the mix. Those prison bed owners do a lot of lobbying in order to keep their cash flow going.

Forum List

Back