Do The Wealthy Even Pay Taxes?

Why. Can't you?

If I buy $100 of Chinese goods, I don't consider that a $100 loss. Do you? Why?

Would you be buying it with American money? Well it would be a loss to the value of that American money. Let me explain in terms simple enough that you might understand. When people make things and sell them, the person who made the thing gets the money. If the things being made by Chinese for example are sold here, it is more likely to be the Chinese maker who gets the lions share of the money. Rather than the American economy.\

Let me guess. You like "free trade." Do you really think that a Chinese person who makes 25 cents to 3 dollars an hour is going to be buying much from an American who makes 10 or 20 dollars an hour? Earth to toddsterpatriot. Time to land.

Would you be buying it with American money?

No, I'd be buying it with my money.
Currently, I use US dollars.

Well it would be a loss to the value of that American money.

How is it a loss? I saw more value in the product than I did in the cash, that's why I voluntarily made the trade.

Let me explain in terms simple enough that you might understand.

Yes, your simpleton explanations are humorous, please continue. LOL!

When people make things and sell them, the person who made the thing gets the money.

And the person who bought the thing gets the thing. DERP!

Let me guess. You like "free trade."

Freedom, gotta love it. Except for you, apparently.

Do you really think that a Chinese person who makes 25 cents to 3 dollars an hour is going to be buying much from an American who makes 10 or 20 dollars an hour?

That's an interesting discussion that has nothing to do with your claim that a purchase from China is a loss.

When I buy $20 worth of gasoline, am I losing $20?
Or am I buying the ability to drive my car around, get to work, go to the store, promote commerce generally, live my life specifically?

Is that really how you look at things? Take a shit now, worry about toilet paper later? Let me try to explain things in a way that even you might understand. When you are in debt, you have nothing. You are in debt! Right now, the U.S. is over 18 trillion dollars in debt. Do you know what that means? It means that it may as well be 40 trillion dollars. That in turn means your money is worthless. And the more money you ship off to China by buying their goods, the more worthless it becomes.

Of course, there is a way out of this debt. All we have to do is sell the U.S. to China. So why not. Instead of doing it the slow way you prefer. We a;so have around 61 trillion dollars worth of unfunded obligations. I bet the Chinese could fix that too. All they would have to do is give everybody a water buffalo and a rice patty to shit in. Unfortunately for you, I don't think any of that should be done.

Is that really how you look at things?

Yes. I don't consider a purchase to be a loss.
That's an idiotic viewpoint you hold.

When you are in debt, you have nothing.

Me freely choosing what to spend my money on did not cause the US government to overspend.

Do you know what that means?

The government should spend less.

That in turn means your money is worthless.

My money is not worthless. I buy things with it all the time.

Of course, there is a way out of this debt.

We a;so have around 61 trillion dollars worth of unfunded obligations.

Just right wing fantasy? The political reality is, the right wing refuses to end the drug war to pay for health care when we have a general welfare clause not a common welfare clause.

I don't "think" it. I KNOW it.

You KNOW that was his salary?
LOL!

Find an annual statement to back up your claim, or I'll continue to mock your ignorance.

You don't need to believe me. But if you are really interested, look it up yourself. Tell me if you find anything that says differently. If you dare.
it's up to you to prove your statements nit anyone else
Hardly......in a Trumpian Democracy, it is up to the denier to provide the proof

Since when is this message board a Trumpian democracy?
We now live in a Trumpian Nation
The electoral college has decided it
It has to be, civics related; otherwise, they are not any more clueful or Causeful, than the rest of us.

You don't need to believe me. But if you are really interested, look it up yourself. Tell me if you find anything that says differently. If you dare.
Hardly......in a Trumpian Democracy, it is up to the denier to provide the proof

And I ask again what does that have to to with this message board ?
Right wing fantasy works best in a vacuum of special pleading.

And I ask again what does that have to to with this message board ?

It is a new paradigm for our nation my friend
The old values of truth, justice and integrity no longer apply

The Electoral College has decided

Our current, chief magistrate of the Union.

I guess it is an average of all states. Also, if state taxes are that way, it is a good bet that federal taxes mirror them.
you guess?

I think it's a chart of a single state therefore irrelevant

What you "think" doesn't stand for a whole lot. I was able to get this "spam" graph from somebody named cultsmasher. It shoes what percentage of income is taxed in a number of states. It comes from a website called "Who Pays? 5th Edition - ITEP."
FUx7DI5.jpg
and that has nothing to do with federal taxes

talking about state taxes is ridiculous since this is a national forum and taxes vary too much from state to state
How do federal taxes vary from State to State?

Do you really think the federal income tax form is different from state to state?
Does the federal gas tax vary from state to state?
Yet, allegedly low tax red States have low populations not high populations.

you guess?

I think it's a chart of a single state therefore irrelevant

What you "think" doesn't stand for a whole lot. I was able to get this "spam" graph from somebody named cultsmasher. It shoes what percentage of income is taxed in a number of states. It comes from a website called "Who Pays? 5th Edition - ITEP."
FUx7DI5.jpg
and that has nothing to do with federal taxes

talking about state taxes is ridiculous since this is a national forum and taxes vary too much from state to state
How do federal taxes vary from State to State?

Do you really think the federal income tax form is different from state to state?
Does the federal gas tax vary from state to state?
Yet, allegedly low tax red States have low populations not high populations.
And once again that has absolutely nothing to do federal taxes

We already have one of the most progressive income tax rates in the world, do we not? You can only squeeze so much juice out of an apple, true?

We already have one of the most progressive income tax rates in the world, do we not? You can only squeeze so much juice out of an apple, true?

yes, our top 1% pay 45% of all Federal income tax. No country depends more on the top 1% than America. It is truly biting the hand that feeds you but liberal lack the IQ to see the damage they do.

Forum List

Back