Do The Righties

For his part, Brown delivered a magnanimous concession speech just blocks away at the Park Plaza Hotel, highlighting the personal charm that has consistently made him the state’s most popular politician in polls.

He also peppered his speech with hints that his political career is far from over, whether it is a campaign for governor in 2014, or another potential Senate candidacy should his senior colleague, Senator John Kerry, be appointed secretary of state by the newly reelected president.

“You’ve got no business in politics unless you respect the judgment of people,” said Brown, who famously claimed “the people’s seat” in 2010. “And if you run for office, you’ve got to be able to take it either way, winning or losing. And I accept the decision of the voters and I have already offered my sincerest congratulations to Senator-elect Warren.”

Brown added: “What matters even more is what we achieved in between these two elections. I kept my promise to you to be that independent voice for Massachusetts, and I have never ever, ever regretted any decision I made for you. You all sent me to Washington to be my own man, and I will return my own man, and I am very very proud, so thank you for that opportunity.”

The still-senator then stepped back and used his bully pulpit for a far larger purpose: aiming to inspire any hard-luck children - like he once was - who might draw the wrong lesson from his defeat.

“We live in the greatest country in the world, and I am so thankful for the opportunities,” he said. “And when it seems that nothing is possible and the odds are stacked against you, let me tell you, and I speak from experience, anything is possible. There are no obstacles you can’t overcome, and defeat is only temporary.”

Election propels Elizabeth Warren to Senate and Scott Brown toward next political venture - Boston.com

the smart guys in the senate aren't extremists. and no rightwing extremist is ever, under any circumstances, going to win in massachusetts. but if they can keep a red seat in a blue state... with the dems creeping toward 60 maybe by the next election cycle (if they keep picking people like mourdock, angle, odonnell and akins..... they need every seat they can and scott brown is a potentially winning candidate again if he's learned from his run in with elizabeth warren.

that's why.

I live in Mass and have all my life so you are not telling me anything I don't know about the politics.

I worked for and supported Brown so yeah I would love to see him in office again but the Senate term would be another truncated one which I doubt would appeal to him. He is also being talked about for Governor here if Patrick gets called up. All speculation but sure I would love to see him serving the people of Mass. again. The man is a genuine moderate willing to work with both sides and his defeat was this country's loss imo.

I like Hillary as DOD Sec. and would prefer anyone but Kerry but he does fit the bill for an Obama appointment:

Anti-American
Elitist even if only by marrying into wealth
Never had a real job
Does not expect to live under the same rules that us common folk live under

i was with you through your first two paragraphs, dreamy. i actually have no problem with scott brown. if he were the face of the republican party, it wouldn't be so onerous.

as for john kerry being anti american, you lost me at that first swiftboating silliness... it always amazed me how the right in 2004, was able to turn a war hero into a goat and a goat into a war hero...

I am glad you see what I see in Scott Brown. I rarely support candidates to the degree I did Scott Brown. You don't know me but I can only say trust me I am not easily impressed by candidates or even elected people. I consider most today mediocre at best. To me he was representative of what we needed more of in Congress to change the way we do business. Warren is a mistake and will be just another partisan hack.

Jillian, a man serving during wartime does not go on auto pilot for hero status for me. I appreciate that he served. I do not appreciate some of his behavior while serving.

For his part, Brown delivered a magnanimous concession speech just blocks away at the Park Plaza Hotel, highlighting the personal charm that has consistently made him the state’s most popular politician in polls.

He also peppered his speech with hints that his political career is far from over, whether it is a campaign for governor in 2014, or another potential Senate candidacy should his senior colleague, Senator John Kerry, be appointed secretary of state by the newly reelected president.

“You’ve got no business in politics unless you respect the judgment of people,” said Brown, who famously claimed “the people’s seat” in 2010. “And if you run for office, you’ve got to be able to take it either way, winning or losing. And I accept the decision of the voters and I have already offered my sincerest congratulations to Senator-elect Warren.”

Brown added: “What matters even more is what we achieved in between these two elections. I kept my promise to you to be that independent voice for Massachusetts, and I have never ever, ever regretted any decision I made for you. You all sent me to Washington to be my own man, and I will return my own man, and I am very very proud, so thank you for that opportunity.”

The still-senator then stepped back and used his bully pulpit for a far larger purpose: aiming to inspire any hard-luck children - like he once was - who might draw the wrong lesson from his defeat.

“We live in the greatest country in the world, and I am so thankful for the opportunities,” he said. “And when it seems that nothing is possible and the odds are stacked against you, let me tell you, and I speak from experience, anything is possible. There are no obstacles you can’t overcome, and defeat is only temporary.”

Election propels Elizabeth Warren to Senate and Scott Brown toward next political venture - Boston.com

Yes saw the speech on election night. The better candidate did not win imo but the people spoke so....such is life in my state. Warren had the Obama machine and money behind her.

FYI - Hillary recently gave a hint of possibly not leaving yet...

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, Hillary Clinton indicated that she could remain President Barack Obama's secretary of state longer than expected.

"A lot of people have talked to me about staying," Clinton explained.

When asked if current events will force her departure date to slip, she said it was "unlikely," but for the first time left open that possibility for the short term.

Clinton has previously said that she plans to step down from her position in the Obama administration after the president's first term should he win reelection.

What the future holds for Clinton, however, remains to be seen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/25/hillary-clinton-secretary-of-state_n_2016388.html

There has also been talk of Bill Clinton becoming S.O.S. :dunno:

Could we see a Secretary of State William Jefferson Clinton — but not in a Hillary Rodham Clinton administration?

That was the wild scenario making the rounds at the state Capitol last week...

“I think everyone who knows Bill Clinton knows he’d love to be secretary of state because he’s so smart and because he knows so much about the world,’’ the insider continued.

Bill Clinton has eyes on secretary of state job if Cuomo wins 2016 presidential election: sources - NYPOST.com

Last edited:

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, Hillary Clinton indicated that she could remain President Barack Obama's secretary of state longer than expected.

When asked if current events will force her departure date to slip, she said it was "unlikely," but for the first time left open that possibility for the short term.

Clinton has previously said that she plans to step down from her position in the Obama administration after the president's first term should he win reelection.

Hillary Clinton Indicates She Could Remain Secretary Of State Longer Than Expected

Could we see a Secretary of State William Jefferson Clinton — but not in a Hillary Rodham Clinton administration?

“I think everyone who knows Bill Clinton knows he’d love to be secretary of state because he’s so smart and because he knows so much about the world,’’ the insider continued.

Bill Clinton has eyes on secretary of state job if Cuomo wins 2016 presidential election: sources - NYPOST.com

Now we're in 2016.:eusa_eh:

"It looks like Bill may be hedging his bets by getting ready to go with Andrew if Hillary is, indeed, serious about not running herself,’’ said a Democratic insider, referring to speculation that current Secretary of State Clinton will run for president in 2016."

Hillary Clinton Indicates She Could Remain Secretary Of State Longer Than Expected

Hmm Interesting speculations. Bill Clinton as SOS would get a thumbs up by me and I am not one of the many Bill Clinton groupies either. I just think he has what it takes to do that job.

Hmm Interesting speculations. Bill Clinton as SOS would get a thumbs up by me and I am not one of the many Bill Clinton groupies either. I just think he has what it takes to do that job.

Yes, I agree... And I agree with you on Scott Brown as well! :thup:

want to see John Kerry as Secretary of State so Scott Brown can have a senate seat again?

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

so much for the fauxrage about Susan Rice.

Obama is reportedly considering Kerry as Secretary of Defense. In other words, all the righties have to do is let Obama appoint Rice to State and Kerry to defense and they will get the same results as if they fight tooth and nail against Rice, get accused of being sexists and racists, and, according to idiots on the left, end up looking completely out of touch.

So much for jillian logic.

i haven't heard that... i have, however, heard a lot of rightwingers talk about how kerry can't be secretary of defense b/c of his "history"

i was actually always under the impression that kerry was going to take over for hillary. but i suspect that was when they thought brown would win and the senate seat would go to a dem.

I have not heard one Repubic worth listening to say this.

Selective hearing perhaps?

"It looks like Bill may be hedging his bets by getting ready to go with Andrew if Hillary is, indeed, serious about not running herself,’’ said a Democratic insider, referring to speculation that current Secretary of State Clinton will run for president in 2016."

It's an interesting prospect, don't you think...?

When are people going to wake up and realize...enough with the Clintons and the Bushes. There's talk of Jeb in 2016.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the average American voter.

Are we serious that no one better than BJ can be found? If so, then we are in worse trouble than we think.

Maybe for you. Personally I've had enough of the Clintons, Bushes, Democrats and Republicans. If you want more of the same, go for it. You voted for 4 more years of malaise, so savor it.

Last edited:

When are people going to wake up and realize...enough with the Clintons and the Bushes. There's talk of Jeb in 2016.

Are we serious that no one better than BJ can be found? If so, then we are in worse trouble than we think.

Why would you oppose Bill Clinton as SOS? Do you think he would not be qualified?

Maybe for you. Personally I've had enough of the Clintons, Bushes, Democrats and Republicans. If you want more of the same, go for it. You voted for 4 more years of malaise, so savor it.

I am only discussing SOS and SOD. I have not even thought about 2016 myself but yes I would love something new.

Too soon for me to whisper Scott Brown's name? :eusa_angel:

:lol: Why are you acting as if you know who I voted for...?

want to see John Kerry as Secretary of State so Scott Brown can have a senate seat again?

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

so much for the fauxrage about Susan Rice.

I heard it too cupcake, on your favorite news source MSNBC! :lol::lol::lol:

what are you doing spending so much time watching MSNBC? :eusa_whistle:

i never think of MSNBC as a 'news' station, hon... i don't mix up political discusion/opinion with "news"... unlike fauxnews viewers.

in fact, i hadn't even heard this... our secretary asked me if i had heard it. it sounded about at the fauxrager's level...

hence my asking the question.

do you have an actual response to the inquiry?

:coffee: now wait a minute cupcake, in your opening volley you said you "heard this said."

Last edited:

Why would you oppose Bill Clinton as SOS? Do you think he would not be qualified?

Do you rethread your tires or buy new ones? Either will work. Of course he's qualified. So is any former President. Want to dare to drop a few of those names around for SOS.

People claim to want to move on and then they reelect the same has-beens. Yeah let's make BJ... SOS or Hillary... President or heck maybe Jeb. Better yet how about another Cuomo as President this time.

Don't you ever get tired of treating these same select families as some sort of political royalty?

I think we can do just as well and likley better than BJ.

I heard it too cupcake, on your favorite news source MSNBC! :lol::lol::lol:

what are you doing spending so much time watching MSNBC? :eusa_whistle:

i never think of MSNBC as a 'news' station, hon... i don't mix up political discusion/opinion with "news"... unlike fauxnews viewers.

in fact, i hadn't even heard this... our secretary asked me if i had heard it. it sounded about at the fauxrager's level...

hence my asking the question.

do you have an actual response to the inquiry?

:coffee: now wait a minute cupcake, in your opening volley you said you "heard this somewhere."

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thank you Willow. You're the only one paying attention and got the point. She contradicted herself and of course Valerie has to make excuses for her. Even jillian didn't bother because she knew the point that I was driving at. See post # 34.

Last edited:
why would you do this to an interesting topic?

*shrug*

how about you give an actual opinion?

He gets easily confused... That's two different clips from the same article which spell-out the political situation as it currently stands.

Do you stutter? Or couldn't you make your point in one reply? It's still the same link. Try again, Val. Jillian is so much better at this than you. You're just a lapdog, nodding and bobbing your head in agreement with anything said against Republicans/Conservatives.

Just can't help your control freak tendencies, can you...? :eusa_clap:

Yes, Jillian is MUCH better at this than I am. I can't stand politics, but I care about issues, so I pay attention. I love reading ideas from smart people who know more than I do, because that's how I learn something. Your last sentence makes no sense as I consider myself conservative, albeit more liberal than your average conservative but more conservative than your actual liberal. I vote as an independent moderate and I am not shy about disagreeing with anyone, even people I love...

Forum List

Back