Do The Righties

want to see John Kerry as Secretary of State so Scott Brown can have a senate seat again?

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

so much for the fauxrage about Susan Rice.

Most hardcore righties in the GOP do not even like Brown so why would you even think this?

The seat would go to a special election if Jane Fonda's old bud gets called up. No indication at this time that Brown even wants to run for the seat if it was vacated by Kerry. I doubt he would.

the smart guys in the senate aren't extremists. and no rightwing extremist is ever, under any circumstances, going to win in massachusetts. but if they can keep a red seat in a blue state... with the dems creeping toward 60 maybe by the next election cycle (if they keep picking people like mourdock, angle, odonnell and akins..... they need every seat they can and scott brown is a potentially winning candidate again if he's learned from his run in with elizabeth warren.

that's why.

I live in Mass and have all my life so you are not telling me anything I don't know about the politics.

I worked for and supported Brown so yeah I would love to see him in office again but the Senate term would be another truncated one which I doubt would appeal to him. He is also being talked about for Governor here if Patrick gets called up. All speculation but sure I would love to see him serving the people of Mass. again. The man is a genuine moderate willing to work with both sides and his defeat was this country's loss imo.

I like Hillary as DOD Sec. and would prefer anyone but Kerry but he does fit the bill for an Obama appointment:

Anti-American
Elitist even if only by marrying into wealth
Never had a real job
Does not expect to live under the same rules that us common folk live under

I heard it too cupcake, on your favorite news source MSNBC! :lol::lol::lol:

what are you doing spending so much time watching MSNBC? :eusa_whistle:

i never think of MSNBC as a 'news' station, hon... i don't mix up political discusion/opinion with "news"... unlike fauxnews viewers.

in fact, i hadn't even heard this... our secretary asked me if i had heard it. it sounded about at the fauxrager's level...

hence my asking the question.

do you have an actual response to the inquiry?

"want to see John Kerry as Secretary of State so Scott Brown can have a senate seat again?

i've heard that said... it sounds about right."

"in fact, i hadn't even heard this... our secretary asked me if i had heard it."

:confused::confused::confused:

She heard it from her secretary which prompted the thread.
dunce.gif

what are you doing spending so much time watching MSNBC? :eusa_whistle:

i never think of MSNBC as a 'news' station, hon... i don't mix up political discusion/opinion with "news"... unlike fauxnews viewers.

in fact, i hadn't even heard this... our secretary asked me if i had heard it. it sounded about at the fauxrager's level...

hence my asking the question.

do you have an actual response to the inquiry?

"want to see John Kerry as Secretary of State so Scott Brown can have a senate seat again?

"in fact, i hadn't even heard this... our secretary asked me if i had heard it."

dunce.gif

Listen dolt, spit out jilly's tits and keep quiet. When I want your 2 cents I'll ask for it.

dunce.gif

Listen dolt, spit out jilly's tits and keep quiet. When I want your 2 cents I'll ask for it.

This isn't a private chat room.
dunce.gif

want to see John Kerry as Secretary of State so Scott Brown can have a senate seat again?

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

That thought never occured to me nor had I heard it before reading this.

I think you're wrong

President Obama’s reelection victory last week, combined with a net pickup of two Senate seats for the Democratic Party on Election Day, is having a ripple effect on Massachusetts.

Senator John Kerry is in under consideration to serve either as secretary of state in a second Obama term, or, as The Washington Post elaborated upon Monday, as secretary of defense.

Were Kerry to agree to either job – and secretary of state clearly is more in line with his professional background, and would be the more poetic end-cap to his lifestory as the son of a diplomat and the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee - it would trigger a special election in Massachusetts to fill his Senate seat.

At that point, Governor Deval Patrick would become a major player in the state and national political calculus.

He would have to fill Kerry’s seat temporarily, until a special election could be held next June to fill it until 2014, when the senior senator’s seat is next up for its regular reelection cycle.

The question confronting Patrick is whether he would replicate his decision of 2009, when he and his fellow Democrats changed the state’s Senate succession law so that the governor can immediately fill a Senate vacancy while a special election campaign is held to fill it permanently.

Previously, the governor alone filled the job until the next regularly scheduled election.

Chatter about John Kerry appointment highlights political focus on Deval Patrick - Boston.com

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

You are assuming he would run again of course.

My question is why would he run in a special election only to have to run again in the next scheduled senate race?

Especially in Assachusetts where a toy stealing puppy killer would get elected as long as there is a D next to his name.

Most hardcore righties in the GOP do not even like Brown so why would you even think this?

The seat would go to a special election if Jane Fonda's old bud gets called up. No indication at this time that Brown even wants to run for the seat if it was vacated by Kerry. I doubt he would.

the smart guys in the senate aren't extremists. and no rightwing extremist is ever, under any circumstances, going to win in massachusetts. but if they can keep a red seat in a blue state... with the dems creeping toward 60 maybe by the next election cycle (if they keep picking people like mourdock, angle, odonnell and akins..... they need every seat they can and scott brown is a potentially winning candidate again if he's learned from his run in with elizabeth warren.

that's why.

I live in Mass and have all my life so you are not telling me anything I don't know about the politics.

I worked for and supported Brown so yeah I would love to see him in office again but the Senate term would be another truncated one which I doubt would appeal to him. He is also being talked about for Governor here if Patrick gets called up. All speculation but sure I would love to see him serving the people of Mass. again. The man is a genuine moderate willing to work with both sides and his defeat was this country's loss imo.

I like Hillary as DOD Sec. and would prefer anyone but Kerry but he does fit the bill for an Obama appointment:

Anti-American
Elitist even if only by marrying into wealth
Never had a real job
Does not expect to live under the same rules that us common folk live under

i was with you through your first two paragraphs, dreamy. i actually have no problem with scott brown. if he were the face of the republican party, it wouldn't be so onerous.

as for john kerry being anti american, you lost me at that first swiftboating silliness... it always amazed me how the right in 2004, was able to turn a war hero into a goat and a goat into a war hero...

Kerry would be fine with me. I don't particularly care for him but he couldn't do any worse than Hillary.

And I don't like the idea of a female anyway, no matter which party's president appoints them. But I don't come to that as a sexist. It's more the practical reality of the world our Secretary has to deal with these days with leaders from cultural/religious backgrounds that have zero respect for women in the first place.

hillary's uniformly considered to have done a very good job.

what, specifically, do you think she's done wrong?

i don't think kerry would be bad... but i think his chances at it ended when his senate seat could go to scott brown.... unless they plan on putting a GOP senator from a blue state into the cabinet, too.

Uniformly? I am pretty sure both sides of the aisle are a little critical of the way she handled security issues, she has taken heat for not wearing makeup or styling her hair properly, she has been criticized by Putin, China, and Israel. I can keep going, I just want to make the point that no one is ever praised by everyone.

There are even people on the left that don't want Rice as the head of State because they see a conflict of interest.

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

You are assuming he would run again of course.

My question is why would he run in a special election only to have to run again in the next scheduled senate race?

Especially in Assachusetts where a toy stealing puppy killer would get elected as long as there is a D next to his name.

i am assuming he would run again. i think the person who opined about the hypothetical i rased would expect him to want to run again.

he'd run in the election b/c he'd win next time. his campaign against elizabeth warren was terrible... he lost all the things about him that made him someone to vote for. he came off as rude, patronizing and nasty...

but his strong points are that he's likeable and moderate and a guy you want to sit down and hang with. had he stuck with those things, he'd have probably beaten warren.

so yeah, i don't think his political aspirations are done. maybe dreamy's right that he wants patrick's seat. i don't think he'd win that race though... although i guess it depends on who'd run against him... it always does.

and just to point out the obvious (although i know calling it 'assachusetts' was one of the reasons you posted), massachusetts elected scott brown the first time he ran... and massachusetts has had republican governors (the name mitt romney ring a bell?))

Last edited:
What do I want? The Constitutional Republic re-instated.

You guys argue about this like it's a f*ckin Baseball trade; "I'll trade ya' Scott Brown for Susan Rice" when ALL those players don't belong in the Major Leagues to begin with.

Yup. Political lightweights.

people don't want extremist loons running the country.

and neither of you knows anything about the constitution.

politics is a full contact team sport. and if you don't understand that, you don't understand anything about our electoral system. i'm not saying that's good... but it IS reality... the same reason that your fellow righties were so happy with citizen's united..... you thought it gave you the House advantage...

until it actually didn't.

I am very well versed in politics and its workings Jillian. As long as I can remember politics has been part of my family and friend's discussions.

I understand what you mean about the "team sport" in that we do have an adversarial system of government which is good. However I agree with Mad Scientist in that some treat politics more like a team sporting event and seem to lose sight of what we all should be seeking in the end. Elected people who actually follow the USSC.

I don't want to be on either side and in fact think both sides are the problem,

If he immediately plunged back into a Senate campaign to fill Kerry’s seat, Brown would have two advantages he lacked just last week.

The first is that Democratic turnout for a special election would likely be far more like it was in 2010, when he beat Coakley. The second is that, by definition, the Democrats threw their best candidate at him last week when they recruited Warren to run against him.

Her candidacy cleared the field of a group that ranged from liberal activist Alan Khazei to Newton Mayor Setti Warren.

Were Kerry to join the administration, Patrick could boost his national party, as well as the prospects for the president’s second-term agenda, by giving the temporary Senate appointment to the Democrat who would also be the party’s choice to run in the special election.

Not only would that avoid a damaging and expensive Democratic primary against what would surely be a united Republican front behind Brown, but it also would give the Democratic candidate a platform from which to audition for the job permanently, and to fund-raise for his or her special election campaign.

The challenge for Patrick would be squaring his lofty language about fairness from 2009 with a more partisan decision three years later.

Chatter about John Kerry appointment highlights political focus on Deval Patrick - Boston.com

If he immediately plunged back into a Senate campaign to fill Kerry’s seat, Brown would have two advantages he lacked just last week.

The first is that Democratic turnout for a special election would likely be far more like it was in 2010, when he beat Coakley. The second is that, by definition, the Democrats threw their best candidate at him last week when they recruited Warren to run against him.

Her candidacy cleared the field of a group that ranged from liberal activist Alan Khazei to Newton Mayor Setti Warren.

Were Kerry to join the administration, Patrick could boost his national party, as well as the prospects for the president’s second-term agenda, by giving the temporary Senate appointment to the Democrat who would also be the party’s choice to run in the special election.

Not only would that avoid a damaging and expensive Democratic primary against what would surely be a united Republican front behind Brown, but it also would give the Democratic candidate a platform from which to audition for the job permanently, and to fund-raise for his or her special election campaign.

The challenge for Patrick would be squaring his lofty language about fairness from 2009 with a more partisan decision three years later.

No one cared the first time you posted it and it seems less care now. :badgrin:

why would you do this to an interesting topic?

*shrug*

how about you give an actual opinion?

*shrug*

Ask your pal why? Please no martyrdom now. You've done plenty to spoil threads in the past but for the record, I am by no means trying to do that.

Why do you think something that's been in the news for 3 days or more is suddenly so urgent? I gave an answer. It was post #2. This belongs in the Conspiracy Theory section. Aside from that, your premise is ridiculous and it has been shown to be so.

Last edited:

*shrug*

He gets easily confused... That's two different clips from the same article which spell-out the political situation as it currently stands.

*shrug*

He gets easily confused... That's two different clips from the same article which spell-out the political situation as it currently stands.

Do you stutter? Or couldn't you make your point in one reply? It's still the same link. Try again, Val. Jillian is so much better at this than you. You're just a lapdog, nodding and bobbing your head in agreement with anything said against Republicans/Conservatives.

11936977-heart-shape-kissing-lips-isolated-over-a-white-background.jpg

Forum List

Back