Do The Righties

want to see John Kerry as Secretary of State so Scott Brown can have a senate seat again?

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

so much for the fauxrage about Susan Rice.

Obama is reportedly considering Kerry as Secretary of Defense. In other words, all the righties have to do is let Obama appoint Rice to State and Kerry to defense and they will get the same results as if they fight tooth and nail against Rice, get accused of being sexists and racists, and, according to idiots on the left, end up looking completely out of touch.

So much for jillian logic.

i haven't heard that... i have, however, heard a lot of rightwingers talk about how kerry can't be secretary of defense b/c of his "history"

i was actually always under the impression that kerry was going to take over for hillary. but i suspect that was when they thought brown would win and the senate seat would go to a dem.

Kerry would be fine with me. I don't particularly care for him but he couldn't do any worse than Hillary.

And I don't like the idea of a female anyway, no matter which party's president appoints them. But I don't come to that as a sexist. It's more the practical reality of the world our Secretary has to deal with these days with leaders from cultural/religious backgrounds that have zero respect for women in the first place.

What do I want? The Constitutional Republic re-instated.

You guys argue about this like it's a f*ckin Baseball trade; "I'll trade ya' Scott Brown for Susan Rice" when ALL those players don't belong in the Major Leagues to begin with.

want to see John Kerry as Secretary of State so Scott Brown can have a senate seat again?

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

I heard it too cupcake, on your favorite news source MSNBC! :lol::lol::lol:

what are you doing spending so much time watching MSNBC? :eusa_whistle:

i never think of MSNBC as a 'news' station, hon... i don't mix up political discusion/opinion with "news"... unlike fauxnews viewers.

in fact, i hadn't even heard this... our secretary asked me if i had heard it. it sounded about at the fauxrager's level...

hence my asking the question.

do you have an actual response to the inquiry?

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

Obama is reportedly considering Kerry as Secretary of Defense. In other words, all the righties have to do is let Obama appoint Rice to State and Kerry to defense and they will get the same results as if they fight tooth and nail against Rice, get accused of being sexists and racists, and, according to idiots on the left, end up looking completely out of touch.

Jillian and logic in the same sentence?

Until now, I thought that was impossible.

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

Yep. Nothing like a good corrupted win to get the lefties shooting themselves in the foot with a perfect aim! :lmao:

you really should stick to the coffee shop

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

that's funny coming from you and the windbag. ...

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

what are you doing spending so much time watching MSNBC? :eusa_whistle:

i never think of MSNBC as a 'news' station, hon... i don't mix up political discusion/opinion with "news"... unlike fauxnews viewers.

in fact, i hadn't even heard this... our secretary asked me if i had heard it. it sounded about at the fauxrager's level...

hence my asking the question.

do you have an actual response to the inquiry?

"want to see John Kerry as Secretary of State so Scott Brown can have a senate seat again?

i've heard that said... it sounds about right."

"in fact, i hadn't even heard this... our secretary asked me if i had heard it."

:confused::confused::confused:

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

i haven't heard that... i have, however, heard a lot of rightwingers talk about how kerry can't be secretary of defense b/c of his "history"

i was actually always under the impression that kerry was going to take over for hillary. but i suspect that was when they thought brown would win and the senate seat would go to a dem.

Why would they be talking about that if Obama wasn't considering it? I honestly think Kerry would make a better Secretary of State than Clinton or either Rice. I also think he would generate a lot of resentment from the troops if he was made Secretary of Defense.

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

Most hardcore righties in the GOP do not even like Brown so why would you even think this?

The seat would go to a special election if Jane Fonda's old bud gets called up. No indication at this time that Brown even wants to run for the seat if it was vacated by Kerry. I doubt he would.

Kerry would be fine with me. I don't particularly care for him but he couldn't do any worse than Hillary.

And I don't like the idea of a female anyway, no matter which party's president appoints them. But I don't come to that as a sexist. It's more the practical reality of the world our Secretary has to deal with these days with leaders from cultural/religious backgrounds that have zero respect for women in the first place.

hillary's uniformly considered to have done a very good job.

what, specifically, do you think she's done wrong?

i don't think kerry would be bad... but i think his chances at it ended when his senate seat could go to scott brown.... unless they plan on putting a GOP senator from a blue state into the cabinet, too.

that's funny coming from you and the windbag. ...

:lol: I'm so sure these self-proclaimed logicians would ace the bar exam too...

You guys argue about this like it's a f*ckin Baseball trade; "I'll trade ya' Scott Brown for Susan Rice" when ALL those players don't belong in the Major Leagues to begin with.

Yup. Political lightweights.

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

Personally I do not want to see Kerry in any position that would be dealing with foreign countries, negotiations, defense or anything of the sort.. His actions in France (which I think he should have got the firing squad for) make him the worst possible choice for any such position

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

Most hardcore righties in the GOP do not even like Brown so why would you even think this?

The seat would go to a special election if Jane Fonda's old bud gets called up. No indication at this time that Brown even wants to run for the seat if it was vacated by Kerry. I doubt he would.

the smart guys in the senate aren't extremists. and no rightwing extremist is ever, under any circumstances, going to win in massachusetts. but if they can keep a red seat in a blue state... with the dems creeping toward 60 maybe by the next election cycle (if they keep picking people like mourdock, angle, odonnell and akins..... they need every seat they can and scott brown is a potentially winning candidate again if he's learned from his run in with elizabeth warren.

that's why.

I think that anyone would be a better SOS than the world class enabler for her husband's infidelity. Kerry has the haughty demeanor wasted in the senate but possibly effective in the rarefied world of international intrigue. The Vietnamese might also find it interesting that Kerry recommended himself for a Silver Star for shooting an unarmed teenage VC in the back during the conflict.

If O'Blamer MUST give that yellow-bellied POS a Cabinet post I'd rather it be State than Defense.

I can imagine no greater insult to our troops than to make that chickenshit their boss!

That's what you would rather...? :confused:

As much as I'm not crazy about our elected representatives, thank goodness most of them don't take the hard line stands taken in this forum most of the time. At least we are seeing a number of them beginning to soften their hard stand on a number of issues, which is for the better of all of us, regardless of what most here will think.

Yup. Political lightweights.

people don't want extremist loons running the country.

and neither of you knows anything about the constitution.

politics is a full contact team sport. and if you don't understand that, you don't understand anything about our electoral system. i'm not saying that's good... but it IS reality... the same reason that your fellow righties were so happy with citizen's united..... you thought it gave you the House advantage...

until it actually didn't.

... so Scott Brown can have a senate seat again?

as politically appealing as appointing John Kerry as Secretary of Defense would be it loses its luster considering Brown would likely be returned to the Senate - Panetta should stay for at least another year.

Forum List

Back