Do The Righties

no, it would be a year.

i truly hope kerry gets a cabinet position.

Why?

because then he won't be my senator any more.

elizabeth warren is bad enough, but she's only temporary.

That's what I figured, but I think he can do a lot more damage as SOS than one senator out of 100.

I was leaning more towards never having to see his ugly ass horse looking face ever again.

Actually Kerry might not be a bad SOS. His haughty demeanor might be a plus and the rest of the world might believe the story that he won the Silver star for shooting an unarmed teenage VC in the back in VietNam. Anything is better than the world class enabler for her husband's infidelity and the dumb parrot Hussein is trying to promote today.

It's kind of new that the opposing party thinks they should be deciding the President's cabinet. But then again..Obama's whole Presidency has been an exercise in just how low you can go when disrespecting the opposing party's President.

I seriously hope that they don't start acting wounded next time around when their guy is subject to this..

The Senate gets approval powers via the Constitution. If Obama wants the nomination to get to the point it even gets a vote, he'll have to reach out. If the GOP can rally around a Kerry nomination and hold out until they get their way, then that's their prerogative.

because then he won't be my senator any more.

elizabeth warren is bad enough, but she's only temporary.

That's what I figured, but I think he can do a lot more damage as SOS than one senator out of 100.

I was leaning more towards never having to see his ugly ass horse looking face ever again.

I actually meant Sec of Def not State.

John Kerry as SecDef makes about as much sense as Romney as president.

It's not like the GOP can win in Massachusetts. Scot Brown was a once in a lifetime thing.

I don't know about that. Brown has over a 50% approval rating. I think had this not been a presidential election year, particularly one in which minority participation was historically high due to us having a black president, he would have won a full term.

Plus, that particular race had bucketloads of outside money flowing into for Warren. I think Brown would probably go back to the Senate under a special election.

That would be an interesting Senate delegation though. Warren and Brown went at it pretty hard in the election. To see them serving together so soon would be something.

it really doesn't matter because even if kerry does leave office early, the legislature will change the law (again) to allow the gov to appoint someone to fill out the term.

No, they talked about doing that again when Teddy died and they backed away from it. I don't think they'll try it again.

they'll do it. they actually changed the law when teddy died if you recall; the law they put in in 2004 had no provision for someone to temporarily hold the seat until the special election, yet they put someone in anyway.

the immortal paul kirk, jr :lol:

Oh, I didn't realize they changed it to do that. I just remember originally the law was the governor appoints the successor to serve out the rest of the term. They changed that in 2004 when they thought Kerry would win the presidency because they didn't want Romney appointing a Republican. Then when Teddy died, I remember them proposing to change the law back to the old way, but they didn't.

Ironically, the Dems changed the law to keep out a Republican Senator, but it was that very same change that ultimately resulted in Scott Brown.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
want to see John Kerry as Secretary of State so Scott Brown can have a senate seat again?

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

so much for the fauxrage about Susan Rice.

want to see John Kerry as Secretary of State so Scott Brown can have a senate seat again?

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

I heard it too cupcake, on your favorite news source MSNBC! :lol::lol::lol:

It took me awhile to remember just who it was but I believe it was giggle girl Rachel Maddow.

Last edited:
If O'Blamer MUST give that yellow-bellied POS a Cabinet post I'd rather it be State than Defense.

I can imagine no greater insult to our troops than to make that chickenshit their boss!

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

You're a fucking dunce and a half, "counselor." The WH floated Kerry's name for SecState. They'll need to after Mammy got caught lying.

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

I heard it too cupcake, on your favorite news source MSNBC! :lol::lol::lol:
Yep. Nothing like a good corrupted win to get the lefties shooting themselves in the foot with a perfect aim! :lmao:

i've heard that said...

it sounds about right.

Obama is reportedly considering Kerry as Secretary of Defense. In other words, all the righties have to do is let Obama appoint Rice to State and Kerry to defense and they will get the same results as if they fight tooth and nail against Rice, get accused of being sexists and racists, and, according to idiots on the left, end up looking completely out of touch.

So much for jillian logic.

Forum List

Back