Do the rabidly anti-gays change your opinion of gays?

Have you been influenced?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • What are gays?

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
I wonder...and if so, how?

Before I started message boarding I didn't often think about gays, wonder about their habits, or really consider seriously if they should or shouldn't get married.

The rabidly anti-gays have made me more sympathetic to their social problems and civil rights issues. Though I will say, I still don't wonder about their habits...not much point since the rabidly anti-gays post them repeatedly.

Yes, anti-gay people, especially the rabid ones, have changed my mind. Now I support gay marriage.
I think that is pretty true over all. The younger generations really don't care about sexual orientation and demonizing people simply for being who they are seems to be backfiring big time for the Basses of the world.

I could give a rats ass what people do in their bedroom.

If people can be happy and can have committed partners, that is all the better for the world.

No.

I was once "anti-gay" but I lived in the gay area of Vancouver, which exposed to all these people, and I got older and wiser and came to realize that being a homosexual is not a choice and denying them their rights serves no purpose.

It is only a matter of time before homosexuals realize full rights in society, and those opposing them will be looked upon in a similar manner as those who opposed civil rights for blacks in the 1960s.

That is what I say Toro!

I was talking to someone about our friend who has done some things with men, but she didn't think he was gay. I told her from my experiences with gay men I believe they are born gay and our friend just has not excepted he is a homosexual yet.

To expand my reasoning, it's the "push back" logic. The anti-gay crowd keeps pushing to get rid of the rights to gay people, and they don't let up. So if they ever succeeded nothing would stop them from going further ... so to counter extremism, from what I have learned, you need to be extremist on the opposite side. So, until they stop harassing people for being gay, in order to protect my rights as a pagan-Jew-disabled-female ... well ... I have no choice but to support their rights fully.

I would say I’ve always been aware of discrimination hated against gays, and empathetic to their issues for about 20 years. I remember I thought it was cool that Clinton wanted to try to let them serve openly in the military, 20 years ago. When I was a young punk, I think I had some bias against gays, but over the years as I got to personally know many gays, all that shit just melted away. I have no idea why social conservatives are so obsessed with gays. I never could figure that one out. The bible barely mentions gays, and Jesus certainly never did.

Its amazing how fast things are changing. Even a lot of conservatives are getting embarrassed to openly support anti-gay shit. I think the days of using gays as a wedge issue are drawing to a close. And toro is right, people who spent the last ten years railing against gay marriage, and proclaiming that gays can be cured of their “disease” are going to be judged by history as petty, small minded thugs who stood in the way of equality and happiness for fellow Americans.

To expand my reasoning, it's the "push back" logic. The anti-gay crowd keeps pushing to get rid of the rights to gay people, and they don't let up. So if they ever succeeded nothing would stop them from going further ... so to counter extremism, from what I have learned, you need to be extremist on the opposite side. So, until they stop harassing people for being gay, in order to protect my rights as a pagan-Jew-disabled-female ... well ... I have no choice but to support their rights fully.

Sorry, but I strongly oppose any rights for pagan-Jew-disabled-females. No offense.

Sorry, but I strongly oppose any rights for pagan-Jew-disabled-females. No offense.

Such a specific "class" of people ... are we related somehow?

The hardcore anti gay gay crowd did influence the way I thought about gays. Now I know that most of the hardcore anti gay crowd are the gays that give gays a bad name. They're the ones that hang out around the park and ruin your picnic.

The Westboro gang made an impact but the rabidly-gay, thru herculean effort, have fought them back to the middle ground.

Most straight people who are obsessed with homosexuality are closet fags. (I use the term fag in its noble context, like American flag.)

This would certainly hold true for televangelists, Marine Gunny Sergeants and Fox news presenters.

Most straight people who are obsessed with homosexuality are closet fags. (I use the term fag in its noble context, like American flag.)

This would certainly hold true for televangelists, Marine Gunny Sergeants and Fox news presenters.

Meh, anyone who actually takes offense at the word fag is usually:

1. So deep in the closet they can't find the door.

or

2. Looking for something to be offended by to use in order to control your thoughts, like all PC police.

With a few exceptions, but they won't bite your head off for it. To me, it means cigarette ... which often causes a ton of confusion ... damn ex-cons in the shelters taught me bad habits.

Forum List

Back