Do the poor earn their welfare?

Of course it happens, that's not the question. Why not focus on alleviating the poverty, rather than finding ways to isolate it?

It's not isolated here in the more rural areas...only in the cities.

How does one alleviate poverty.

The Democrats controlled the U.S. Senate for 57 of the last 78 years.

The Democrats controlled the U.S. House for 63 of the last 78 years.

What have all the poverty alleviating policies they enacted accomplished?

Poverty is the worst since the Great Depression. Democrats have only made things worse over the years. This really is fact. How'd that Super Majority work out for us? :(

And you expect anyone to take you seriously after that statement? :cuckoo:

Not everyone that is poor draws welfare.

Not everyone that's poor is unemployed.

I think your definition of welfare needs to be laid out for us. Do you mean Social Security, Social Security Disability and S.S.I.?

I see it this way. If I work 20 to 40 yrs. paying into the S.S. fund out of my checks than become disabled, than I expect to get a check every month simply because It's my money.

I can place no negative labels on anyone in that situation. If someone works there entire life at a low paying job that does not allow them the luxury of saving money for retirement, than when they retire the check they get could very well put them at a poverty level. Once again they paid the money in and they should get it back.

As far as S.S.I. goes, this is a program that is income based. Those that qualify have to have less than 2000 dollars in assets, be below poverty level, and have a disability. With the economy as it is today, and the unemployment numbers as they are I or anyone else can't put any blame on the poor.

To assume that everyone on welfare is using this system is shallow. That's like the poor thinking that everyone that is not poor go to formal balls every night and dine with Rockefeller's.

What happens is people get pissed off when they see someone who is taking advantage of the system, and without doubt, there are a lot who do. But that does not equate to everyone being on the take, and it definitely does not mean we should stop helping those who really need the help just because we are pissed off about those who take advantage of the system. If we want to make changes, then we should work on weeding out those who are taking advantage of the system, not punish everyone who may need that support and the services provided.

In New York if you are a Democrat and really who isn't,cept for me and a few others it's just part of the contract....you are considered part of the club and when you cash that first welfare check they have a block party.

Yea, it's just you and a few others in New York who work for a living. Everyone else is living off of welfare. :cuckoo: The stupidity continues.

Forum List

Back