Do the olympic games prove Africans are physically superior?

Sundance508

Gold Member
May 24, 2016
I didn't watch much of the olympics but what I did see appeared to be dominated by Africans?

payn_c14414020160826120100.jpg

I didn't watch much of the olympics but what I did see appeared to be dominated by Africans?

Depends on the sport. Track and Field, especially those involving running, get a lot of the coverage. Blacks did well in those events. However, many of the lesser known events that didn't get as much coverage, not so much.

Depends on the sport. Track and Field, especially those involving running, get a lot of the coverage. Blacks did well in those events. However, many of the lesser known events that didn't get as much coverage, not so much.

One could actually further sub-divide it that certain countries do very well in certain events, such as Kenyans when it comes to distance running.

Of course you have the Asian dominance in things like Badminton and Table Tennis.

While physique has an impact, to me culture also plays a part.

One could actually further sub-divide it that certain countries do very well in certain events, such as Kenyans when it comes to distance running.

Of course you have the Asian dominance in things like Badminton and Table Tennis.

Culture can't overcome a superior physique when a superior physique is needed.

Of course African people are good in the running events.

Running from lions and other wild animals has been in their DNA for thousands of generations.

But when it comes to swimming, not so much.......because of crocodiles everywhere they grew up. ...... :cool:

True, but culture pushes people into certain activities where the best of the best rise to the top.

What is the greater contributor, the physical abilities of Kenyans when it comes to distance running, or the cultural trends that encourage Kenyans to take up distance running?

Of course African people are good in the running events.

Running from lions and other wild animals has been in their DNA for thousands of generations.

But when it comes to swimming, not so much.......because of crocodiles everywhere they grew up. ...... :cool:

2bb06ffa_sure-if-serious-i-am-not.jpeg

True, but culture pushes people into certain activities where the best of the best rise to the top.

What is the greater contributor, the physical abilities of Kenyans when it comes to distance running, or the cultural trends that encourage Kenyans to take up distance running?

Physical ability. What allows them to be able to do it, the ability to do so or the desire to do so.

Physical ability. What allows them to be able to do it, the ability to do so or the desire to do so.

The ability allows them to do it, the cultural desire to be good at it is what allows them to be discovered.

Now lets look at swimming, which is dominated by European descended people. If there was a push to get people of African descent into the sport, would they dominate it as well?

The ability allows them to do it, the cultural desire to be good at it is what allows them to be discovered.

Now lets look at swimming, which is dominated by European descended people. If there was a push to get people of African descent into the sport, would they dominate it as well?

Every person performing in the Olympics had both the ability and what you call cultural encouragement. However, not every person that has the cultural encouragement has the ability.

A while back I looked up average heights and was surprised to see no significant difference between whites and blacks.

This was counter intuitive.

Somewhere I saw a claim that blacks have more variation in their physique than whites, so while we remember the tall people we see, we forget the shorter people we see.

While the average is about the same.

This would make sense looking at the tip top of sports.

If the whites tend to bunch more in the middle of the bell curve and blacks are more uniformly spread you get the oddity of blacks dominating in many sports because there is a lot more blacks at both ends of the spectrum.

I don't know if that is actually TRUE, but it is one explanation for what we observe.

Nice work black people! Gotta gve credit where credit is due.

Now let's take a look and see who dominated in science and technology. I wonder how those results will look like. I'm guessing WAY more lopsided.

A while back I looked up average heights and was surprised to see no significant difference between whites and blacks.

This was counter intuitive.

Somewhere I saw a claim that blacks have more variation in their physique than whites, so while we remember the tall people we see, we forget the shorter people we see.

While the average is about the same.

This would make sense looking at the tip top of sports.

If the whites tend to bunch more in the middle of the bell curve and blacks are more uniformly spread you get the oddity of blacks dominating in many sports because there is a lot more blacks at both ends of the spectrum.

I don't know if that is actually TRUE, but it is one explanation for what we observe.

Nice work black people! Gotta gve credit where credit is due.

Now let's take a look and see who dominated in science and technology. I wonder how those results will look like. I'm guessing WAY more lopsided.

Well, no doubt but this thread is about physical ability not mental.

Well, the key phrase: What allows them to be able to do it?

Do not coinfuse ability with desire.............lots of skinny white kids love football and wanted to play....but after getting their ass kicked around and bruised and beaten...they discover...usuallly in H.S. that some things are just not meant to be. hehheh

Last edited:

Which came first culture or race?

It is quite amusing that the coinfused, the politically correct and the liberals will try and find any reason under the Sun to explain the physical superiority of africans rather than the quite obvious explanation....genetics.

Do the olympic games prove Africans are physically superior?
Nature will find a way. When you suppress people they learn to excel in whatever is left to them. Jews were only allowed to lend money. Today many are bankers. Blacks were forced into poverty (in the US) and could only express their frustration in 2 ways:

1). Sports, if they were able-bodied …. and …...

2). Crime, if they were not.

Over-simplified, of course, but much truth between the lines.

Let's see what happens when Blacks finally take a good look at the ping-pong ball and the shuttle cock.

Forum List

Back