Do the 1% really create the most jobs in America?

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
We hear this meme all the time, raise taxes on the rich and poof, job creation disappears. Is it true?

Let's look at some facts, and then decide:

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/ocwage.pdf

"The occupations with the largest employment in May 2014 were retail salespersons and cashiers, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. These two occupations combined made up nearly 6 percent of total U.S. employment, with employment levels of 4.6 million and 3.4 million, respectively. Of the 10 largest occupations, only registered nurses, with an annual mean wage of $69,790, had an average wage above the U.S. all-occupations mean of $47,230. The highest paying occupations overall included several physician and dentist occupations, chief executives, nurse anesthetists, and petroleum engineers. National employment and wage information for all occupations is shown in table 1."

For those interested in facts, look over the link above. As the Myth Busters say this meme is busted!

I don't know why the rich bother to run or buy stocks in bizes, just to let pos's tax what they make on it. i surely would't. If i had 5 million $, age 20, I'd just buy gold coins with it, bury them in scattered places, at night, using Night vision, and live on 70k per year for the next 70 years and let the mooches starve.

• Banned
I don't know why the rich bother to run or buy stocks in bizes, just to let pos's tax what they make on it. i surely would't. If i had 5 million $, age 20, I'd just buy gold coins with it, bury them in scattered places, at night, using Night vision, and live on 70k per year for the next 70 years and let the mooches starve.

But you don't. And take it from me, $70k isn't sufficient to live the good life.

• Banned
Seems the echo chamber who have claimed for years the rich created America have taken a time out. A time out hoping the thread will go away so they can continue one of their BIG LIES in perpetuity.

Tax cuts for wealthy does not create jobs. There is a line of logic that makes you think it does but I have yet to find a business owner or investor who can show direct causation. And my experience as multiple business owner makes me believe there is no causal relationship.

This was discussed;Tax Cuts US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Employment levels is determined by a large list of things but the single most important factor has always been and will always be demand. A "job creator" is generally just someone who has found a way to meet a demand.

• Banned
Employment levels is determined by a large list of things but the single most important factor has always been and will always be demand. A "job creator" is generally just someone who has found a way to meet a demand.

True, and the demand for deli sandwiches, dry cleaning, baked goods, fabric, sporting goods, alcohol, hardware, plants, chewing gum, ice cream cones, etc. etc. is high, and most of these products are sold in small retail stores, which employ a vast amount of people.

of course that's liberal and 100% stupid. Demand is natural like the air we breath. People demanded lots food clothing and shelter 5000 years ago quite naturally from the second they were born. It was not until Republican supply siders invented new stuff that human kind began to move forward.

See why we are positive that liberalism is based in pure ignorance??

We hear this meme all the time, raise taxes on the rich and poof, job creation disappears. Is it true?

Let's look at some facts, and then decide:

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/ocwage.pdf

"The occupations with the largest employment in May 2014 were retail salespersons and cashiers, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. These two occupations combined made up nearly 6 percent of total U.S. employment, with employment levels of 4.6 million and 3.4 million, respectively. Of the 10 largest occupations, only registered nurses, with an annual mean wage of $69,790, had an average wage above the U.S. all-occupations mean of $47,230. The highest paying occupations overall included several physician and dentist occupations, chief executives, nurse anesthetists, and petroleum engineers. National employment and wage information for all occupations is shown in table 1."

For those interested in facts, look over the link above. As the Myth Busters say this meme is busted!

dear, you lack the IQ to understand as a typical liberal would . The top 1% and top tenth of 1% do more than own a store in a strip mall and hire sales clerks. They invent the new things that got us from the Stone Age to here and in doing so create the most important innovative jobs in the world. The wealth the top 1% generate makes the strip mall jobs possible.

Do you understand now?

True, and the demand for deli sandwiches, dry cleaning, baked goods, fabric, sporting goods, alcohol, hardware, plants, chewing gum, ice cream cones, etc. etc. is high, and most of these products are sold in small retail stores, which employ a vast amount of people.

dear we would all still be farmers unless the top 1% invented the stuff that got us from the stone age to here. Do you grasp that?

It's a moron convention. Guys who never ran a business are going to comment on the 1% not "creating jobs"

of course that's liberal and 100% stupid. Demand is natural like the air we breath. People demanded lots food clothing and shelter 5000 years ago quite naturally from the second they were born. It was not until Republican supply siders invented new stuff that human kind began to move forward.

lol

lol

translation: one again as a typical low IQ liberal I can't answer.

lol

translation: one again as a typical low IQ liberal I can't answer.

I'll respond. The 1% were still around as the economy began to tank, and when the economy began to tank, small businesses failed, soon store fronts on Main St. were empty and retail employees were laid off.

Where was that magic to create jobs then? Jobs were created by the:

The Recovery Act

Of course liars and right wingers (but I repeat myself) claim the recovery act was and remains a failure. The stupid one actually believe this meme too.

Where was that magic to create jobs then?

dear. OMG how 100% stupid and liberal. Fanny Freddie crashed the American economy through the housing bubble. Did you hear about it? Top 1% do not create jobs when economy is crashing, obviously!!! 100% stupid

Jobs were created by the:
The Recovery Act

of course thats 100% impossible. those were make work or bubble jobs that disappeared when the programs ended thus postponing the recovery and turning it into the worst recovery since liberal's Great Depression.

Liberals are stupid so used the stimulus bubble to counteract the housing bubble but both burst causing or slowing down the recovery.

****Here's what Henry Morgenthau, FDR's Secretary of the Treasury (the man who desperately needed the New Deal to succeed as much as Roosevelt) said about the New Deal stimulus: "We have tried spending money.We are spending more than we ever have spent before and it does not work... We have never made good on our promises...I say after eight years of this administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!"

"The New Republic"( at the time a FDR greatest supporter") noted. In June 1939, the federal public works programs still supported almost 19 million people, nearly 15% of the population" [page 313]

In fact in 1939, unemployment was at 17%, and there were 11 million additional in stimulus make work welfare jobs. Today when the population is 2.5 times greater we have only 8 million unemployed. Conclusion: legislation to make Democrats illegal
is urgently needed

Where was that magic to create jobs then?

dear. OMG how 100% stupid and liberal. Fanny Freddie crashed the American economy through the housing bubble. Did you hear about it? Top 1% do not create jobs when economy is crashing, obviously!!! 100% stupid

Bullshit - another meme without substance and a talking point used by partisan hacks to focus blame on others; an effort to deflect blame from wall street and the Republican Party - the former culpable for their greed, the latter culpable for their incompetence.

The 2007 - 2009 Great Recession had many fathers from both sides of the aisle. However, the buck stops at the Oval Office, then occupied by G. W. Bush & Co.

Jobs were created by the:
The Recovery Act

of course thats 100% impossible. those were make work or bubble jobs that disappeared when the programs ended thus postponing the recovery and turning it into the worst recovery since liberal's Great Depression.

Liberals are stupid so used the stimulus bubble to counteract the housing bubble but both burst causing or slowing down the recovery.

****Here's what Henry Morgenthau, FDR's Secretary of the Treasury (the man who desperately needed the New Deal to succeed as much as Roosevelt) said about the New Deal stimulus: "We have tried spending money.We are spending more than we ever have spent before and it does not work... We have never made good on our promises...I say after eight years of this administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!"

"The New Republic"( at the time a FDR greatest supporter") noted. In June 1939, the federal public works programs still supported almost 19 million people, nearly 15% of the population" [page 313]

In fact in 1939, unemployment was at 17%, and there were 11 million additional in stimulus make work welfare jobs. Today when the population is 2.5 times greater we have only 8 million unemployed. Conclusion: legislation to make Democrats illegal
is urgently needed

I stopped reading after seeing that your first paragraph was a lie.

Forum List

Back