Do States have the RIGHT to BAN birth control devices as Rick Santorum stated?

Do States have the right to BAN birth control devices?

• Yes

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 28 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I found this very interesting explanation of the U.S. Constitution--along with the 4th amendment that says Santorum is WRONG on this issue.

No STATE can interfere with the intimate relationship between a Husband & Wife--or between Man & woman on their personal decision as to how many children they want--as it is considered a matter of privacy.

Surging Republican Santorum thinks condoms should be outlawed? - YouTube

Its total bullshit Oreo....

This is what Santorum said about it on Jan 6th

“I was asked if I believed in it, and I said, ‘No, I’m a Catholic, and I don’t.’ I don’t want the government to fund it through Planned Parenthood, but that’s different than wanting to ban it; the idea I’m coming after your birth control is absurd. I was making a statement about my moral beliefs, but I won’t impose them on anyone else in this case. I don’t think the government should be involved in that. People are free to make their own decisions.’’

It's a sad day when some conservatives fall right into the trap that the liberals have made on this issue.

It's such a manufactured issue and I can't believe people are too stupid to realize it.

what? so having birth control is now a basic human right?
Griswold indicated it is a right under the penumbral right of PRIVACY. BASIC human right, NO. One can accomplish the same goal by abstaining from sexual activity.

yeah, I'm sure if he were elected he would ORDER states to stop all forms of birth control..

:eusa_whistle::cuckoo:

It's the audacity that we have a candidate--that BELIEVES that States have the right to intervene in the basic human rights between a HUSBAND & WIFE--in an very intimate--private way--who believes that the STATE has the right to make decisions for them.

Jesus needs to drop-kick this maniac through the goal posts of life, back into the knuckle dragging Neanderthal days.

Last edited:
If you want to make a topic about Mitt Romney and guns--make your own thread.

This thread is about Rick Santorum and his CONTINUAL comments about STATES having the RIGHT to ban birth control contraceptives. There's a lot more citizens in this country that have SEX --than they shoot guns.

Here was your question:

It's very difficult to get behind a candidate that doesn't even understand BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS--isn't it?

I don't see anything about Santorum in that question.

It was a question about candidates.

Mitt Romney is a candidate, is he not?

My answer was it is very difficult to get behind a candidate that fails to understand a basic CONSTITUTIONAL right, which is why I haven't supported Mitt Romney.

Last edited:
what? so having birth control is now a basic human right?
Griswold indicated it is a right under the penumbral right of PRIVACY. BASIC human right, NO. One can accomplish the same goal by abstaining from sexual activity.

Well--you might want to tell that to your next door married neighbors. NO MORE SEX--& see how well that works for ya?---:lol::lol::lol:

It is a BASIC HUMAN right--that no state can intervene in such matters that are PRIVATE between a man & woman.

This thread is about Rick Santorum and his CONTINUAL comments about STATES having the RIGHT to ban birth control contraceptives. There's a lot more citizens in this country that have SEX --than they shoot guns.

Here was your question:

It's very difficult to get behind a candidate that doesn't even understand BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS--isn't it?

My answer was it is very difficult to get behind a candidate that fails to understand a basic CONSTITUTIONAL right, which is why I haven't supported Mitt Romney.

Like I said you can make your own thread. Just go to the top of the forum and you can do it. On other political boards you wouldn't have been able to get into guns on this topic without immediately getting reprimanded for it.

I'm sorry, but this topic isn't worth getting a thong in a bunch over, let alone panties.

Last edited:

Here was your question:

Like I said you can make your own thread. Just go to the top of the forum and you can do it. On other political boards you wouldn't have been able to get into guns on this topic without immediately getting reprimanded for it.

Get off that pedestal before you fall off.

100818_03.jpg

I'm sorry, but this topic isn't worth getting a thong in a bunch over, let alone panties.

but leave it to Hufferpufferpost.

So then with all the videos staring Rick Santorum--one at the top of this thread--where he says it--and his lips are moving in cync with what he is saying-- and this comment--you just don't believe it came out of his mouth?? Is that it?

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum, whose strong base of evangelical Christian supporters has thrust him into contention in Iowa, said on Monday that he believes states should have the right to outlaw birth control and sodomy without the interference of the Supreme Court.

In an interview with Jake Tapper on ABC News, Santorum reiterated his opposition to the Supreme Court’s 1965 ruling that prevented Connecticut from banning contraception.

“The state has a right to do that, I have never questioned that the state has a right to do that," he said. "It is not a constitutional right. The state has the right to pass whatever statutes they have. That's the thing I have said about the activism of the Supreme Court--they are creating rights, and it should be left up to the people to decide."
Rick Santorum: States Should Have Power To Ban Birth Control, Sodomy

Last edited:

Here was your question:

Then I would suggest YOU go post on other boards where there is more authority, control and regulation of the basic human right of free speech.

If you don't like my post, refute it.

Human rights involve the PRIVACY of what goes on between a husband and wife--& their human right to how they institute family planning. Their human right to make a decision on how many children they have, etc.

The FEDERAL or STATE government has no business in their bedrooms--but Santorum thinks they do--LOL.

Your being a hack Bro

True story
:eusa_whistle:

I see you still haven't watched the above video--so here's another for the BRAIN DEAD--:cuckoo:

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum, whose strong base of evangelical Christian supporters has thrust him into contention in Iowa, said on Monday that he believes states should have the right to outlaw birth control and sodomy without the interference of the Supreme Court.

In an interview with Jake Tapper on ABC News, Santorum reiterated his opposition to the Supreme Court’s 1965 ruling that prevented Connecticut from banning contraception.

“The state has a right to do that, I have never questioned that the state has a right to do that," he said. "It is not a constitutional right. The state has the right to pass whatever statutes they have.That's the thing I have said about the activism of the Supreme Court--they are creating rights, and it should be left up to the people to decide."

No--the U.S. Supreme court is for protecting the citizens from social freak nut-cases like Rick Santorum. He is all for the STATE getting involved between the intimacy between a man and woman--husband and wife--on their personal decision of how many children they want. He does not understand BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS--because of his religion--that he wants to shove down everyone else's throat.

He said the States have a right to do it...he did not say they SHOULD. But he also said it's not constitutional....and that it should be up to the people to decide. He never said he would enforce this, in fact he said he wouldn't! I can't believe how people twist words around like you do!

but leave it to Hufferpufferpost.

So then with all the videos staring Rick Santorum--one at the top of this thread--where he says it--and his lips are moving in cync with what he is saying-- and this comment--you just don't believe it came out of his mouth?? Is that it?

“The state has a right to do that, I have never questioned that the state has a right to do that," he said. "It is not a constitutional right. The state has the right to pass whatever statutes they have. That's the thing I have said about the activism of the Supreme Court--they are creating rights, and it should be left up to the people to decide."

He was EXPLAINING what rights states have...can't help it if you all don't like it or can't handle hearing the truth. but don't worry, I doubt they'll take away your alls sodomy

Last edited:
Oreo did you recently convert to the democratic party? You're sure as fuck acting like it.

Newts done, deal with it.

This is only an issue for those who support lies and distortions.

Oreo did you recently convert to the democratic party? You're sure as fuck acting like it.

I find it troublesome that some here resort to tactics such as Oreo's.... very disappointed
:doubt:

that is all the left has..
I think they see the writing on the wall for the Dear Leader, or seeing that it isn't really a LOCK-IN..
they are getting more insane and darn right vicious every day..
I couldn't believe a article posted in another thread about Santorum...vile and ugly

Forum List

Back