Do States have the RIGHT to BAN birth control devices as Rick Santorum stated?

Do States have the right to BAN birth control devices?

• Yes

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 28 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
I found this very interesting explanation of the U.S. Constitution--along with the 4th amendment that says Santorum is WRONG on this issue.

No STATE can interfere with the intimate relationship between a Husband & Wife--or between Man & woman on their personal decision as to how many children they want--as it is considered a matter of privacy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well where are all the far right social conservatives on this issue. Where are our constitutional scholars on this board?--LOL

Last edited:
No, they don't have that right.

The only way that could happen is under ObamaCare

I found this very interesting explanation of the U.S. Constitution--along with the 4th amendment that says Santorum is WRONG on this issue.

No STATE can interfere with the intimate relationship between a Husband & Wife--or between Man & woman on their personal decision as to how many children they want--as it is considered a matter of privacy.

Surging Republican Santorum thinks condoms should be outlawed? - YouTube

Its total bullshit Oreo....

This is what Santorum said about it on Jan 6th

“I was asked if I believed in it, and I said, ‘No, I’m a Catholic, and I don’t.’ I don’t want the government to fund it through Planned Parenthood, but that’s different than wanting to ban it; the idea I’m coming after your birth control is absurd. I was making a statement about my moral beliefs, but I won’t impose them on anyone else in this case. I don’t think the government should be involved in that. People are free to make their own decisions.’’

Why couldn't they?

We have a right to bear arms, but federal, state and local governments have banned assault weapons, handguns, suppressors, magazines with a capacity of more than 10, shotguns that hold more than 2 rounds.

So what would keep STATES from banning anything.

Griswold says that you cannot make it illegal to USE contraception...it doesn't say it makes it illegal to ban the sale of contraception...or tax the crap out of it, like cigarettes and alcohol.

What would stop them?

This is the problem with big government...what's to stop them?

Last edited:
The View | The Truth On Santorum And Not What People Make Up And Twist

if you’re such a constitutional scholar you’ll know that the “right” to privacy established in Griswold in 1965 was what the Court used to justify the Roe decision in 1973. So, Santorum is absolutely right when he argues that there are unintended consequences when the Court oversteps elected legislatures and invents “rights.”

Last edited:

“I was asked if I believed in it, and I said, ‘No, I’m a Catholic, and I don’t.’ I don’t want the government to fund it through Planned Parenthood, but that’s different than wanting to ban it; the idea I’m coming after your birth control is absurd. I was making a statement about my moral beliefs, but I won’t impose them on anyone else in this case. I don’t think the government should be involved in that. People are free to make their own decisions.’’

Someone didn't WATCH the above video--he most certainly did say it--it's right there. He states that STATES have the right to BAN birth control devices.

Last edited:
Why couldn't they?

We have a right to bear arms, but federal, state and local governments have banned assault weapons, handguns, suppressors, magazines with a capacity of more than 10, shotguns that hold more than 2 rounds.

Griswold says that you cannot make it illegal to USE contraception...it doesn't say it makes it illegal to ban the sale of contraception...or tax the crap out of it, like cigarettes and alcohol.

What would stop them?

It's very difficult to get behind a candidate that doesn't even understand BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS--isn't it?

Last edited:
what? so having birth control is now a basic human right?

Human rights involve the PRIVACY of what goes on between a husband and wife--& their human right to how they institute family planning. Their human right to make a decision on how many children they have, etc.

The FEDERAL or STATE government has no business in their bedrooms--but Santorum thinks they do--LOL.

Last edited:

Someone didn't WATCH the above video--he most certainly did say it--it's right there. He states that STATES have the right to BAN birth control devices.

Where on earth do you get the idea that he supports such a ban?

C'mon Oreo, dont be a hack dude. Read what he said in response to allegations like yours.

Human rights involve the PRIVACY of what goes on between a husband and wife--& their human right to how they institute family planning. Their human right to make a decision on how many children they have, etc.

The FEDERAL or STATE government has no business in their bedrooms--but Santorum thinks they do--LOL.

Your being a hack Bro

True story
:eusa_whistle:

yeah, I'm sure if he were elected he would ORDER states to stop all forms of birth control..

:eusa_whistle::cuckoo:

Your being a hack Bro

True story
:eusa_whistle:

I see you still haven't watched the above video--so here's another for the BRAIN DEAD--:cuckoo:

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum, whose strong base of evangelical Christian supporters has thrust him into contention in Iowa, said on Monday that he believes states should have the right to outlaw birth control and sodomy without the interference of the Supreme Court.

In an interview with Jake Tapper on ABC News, Santorum reiterated his opposition to the Supreme Court’s 1965 ruling that prevented Connecticut from banning contraception.

“The state has a right to do that, I have never questioned that the state has a right to do that," he said. "It is not a constitutional right. The state has the right to pass whatever statutes they have.That's the thing I have said about the activism of the Supreme Court--they are creating rights, and it should be left up to the people to decide."
Rick Santorum: States Should Have Power To Ban Birth Control, Sodomy

No--the U.S. Supreme court is for protecting the citizens from social freak nut-cases like Rick Santorum. He is all for the STATE getting involved between the intimacy between a man and woman--husband and wife--on their personal decision of how many children they want. He does not understand BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS--because of his religion--that he wants to shove down everyone else's throat.

Last edited:
Why couldn't they?

What would stop them?

It's very difficult to get behind a candidate that doesn't even understand BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS--isn't it?

Contraception is not what I would call a basic human right.

Romney was happy to ban guns in Massachusetts and said he would have signed a federal gun ban. That is a true failure to understand a basic constitutional right.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Ygw9CQ9po"]Mitt Romney Talks Guns On Meet The Press - YouTube[/ame]

As for getting behind Santorum....I find it much easier to support a candidate that doesn't abandon his core convictions for the sake of political expediency.

Santorum stands firmly behind a personal value that he knows is in the minority...but I've never heard him say he wants to ban contraceptives.

But at least I know where he stands. That he is willing to buck the majority here helps to shore up the sincerely of his other positions...ones I agree with wholeheartedly.

Romney? I have no idea what he really believes in...his sincerity rating with me is zero.

JMHO, YMMV.

Last edited:
Why couldn't they?

What would stop them?

Contraception is not what I would call a basic human right.

Romney was happy to ban guns in Massachusetts and said he would have signed a federal gun ban. That is a true failure to understand a basic constitutional right.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Ygw9CQ9po]Mitt Romney Talks Guns On Meet The Press - YouTube[/ame]

As for getting behind Santorum....I find it much easier to support a candidate that doesn't abandon his core convictions for the sake of political expediency.

Santorum stands firmly behind a personal value that he knows is in the minority...and that I don't personally agree with...

But at least I know where he stands. That he is willing to buck the majority here helps to shore up the sincerely of his other positions...ones I agree with wholeheartedly.

Romney? I have no idea what he really believes in...his sincerity rating with me is zero.

JMHO, YMMV.

If you want to make a topic about Mitt Romney and guns--make your own thread.

This thread is about Rick Santorum and his CONTINUAL comments about STATES having the RIGHT to ban birth control contraceptives. There's a lot more citizens in this country that have SEX --than they shoot guns.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back