Do/Should Islamic Schools have the right to force Veil on children?

I don't know how it is in Britain - but in the US, if it's a private school - sure. It's no more abusive than wearing a school uniform. Private schools can do that. I wouldn't send my kid there.

in the USA-----private schools get to do their own thing----anything not criminal and including at the very least an introduction to long division

I don't know how it is in Britain - but in the US, if it's a private school - sure. It's no more abusive than wearing a school uniform. Private schools can do that. I wouldn't send my kid there.
Dont you think there is a difference between

telling kids: "you need to wear this to look nice"

and telling kids: "you need to wear this because man are lustful, and they will be aroused if you dont"
?

Same thing?

and telling kids: "you need to wear this because man are lustful, and they will be aroused if you dont"
?

Same thing?

in the catholic school of my childhood-----catholic girls had to wear a clunky looking
greyish blue jumper that looks like a prison uniform-----they survived

?

Same thing?

It's a private school. Many religious schools require a modesty dress code. And for the record - I've never been told I needed to where a uniform to look nice! :lol:

?

Same thing?

It's a private school. Many religious schools require a modesty dress code. And for the record - I've never been told I needed to where a uniform to look nice! :lol:

you went to a catholic school? school uniforms are customary in many countries
----France, -----uhm-----many others

Islamic schools in Britain forcing girls as young as 11 to wear full-f

Could an Islamic School force veil on children?

Could families force veil on their children?

Could this be considered as "child abuse"?

If not, why not?

How it is different from million things considered "child abuse"?

What is your pow?

Veil; a piece of cloth covering the face of a woman, to prevent lust in man...

my understanding of Islamic custom is that little girls ------do not wear face veils in
general unless they are married

This is what we are talking about btw, not some nun costume you wore on halloween or a school uniform.

This is serious, it is ruining lives of people. These kids at the age of 10 are advised to cover their face because it would arouse a man.

I know there are rules and families can abuse their children the way they like it in this country. Thats why I am asking "your opinion"

Are there any woman on this forum?

?

Same thing?

No, not a Catholic school. But I went to school a couple years in France - and young as we were, we had to wear a uniform.

?

Same thing?

No, not a Catholic school. But I went to school a couple years in France - and young as we were, we had to wear a uniform.

yes-----I had colleague who grew up in France------the rules were strict----she said
there were TWO uniform dresses ----one pink and one blue------and each week was either a BLUE week----and the next week would be a PINK week-----in that way the
school was assured that the dresses were washed at least once per week

Private schools are absolutely allowed to do so. Some public schools have a school uniform (although they obviously don't have religious connections).

This is what we are talking about btw, not some nun costume you wore on halloween or a school uniform.

This is serious, it is ruining lives of people. These kids at the age of 10 are advised to cover their face because it would arouse a man.

I know there are rules and families can abuse their children the way they like it in this country. Thats why I am asking "your opinion"

Are there any woman on this forum?

Damn. Organized religion can be absurd.

Forum List

Back