Do road projects create jobs?

Or do they just keep the same business busy employing the same unions slobs leaning on shovels ?
Gee.....I thought all o' the Libertarians were gonna show everyone how this was done!!!

:eusa_eh:

They've WIMPED-OUT??!!!!!

:eusa_eh:

The 1930 is Apples and oranges .
The Government did not build the Railroad.
The Government doesnt build a lot of housing projects you want to live in.

Obama care has halted the building of 47 private hospitals .

Just sit there with your hand out.
I have to go to work.
Class envy bullshit.

I have to go to work.
Class envy bullshit.
9.4% unemployment and you want to say public works is not an effective job creator, in spite of the success and benefits of WPA and CCC projects.

The railroads would NEVER have spanned this nation without government land grants (some could rightly say government bail-outs) to the rail road companies.

And the class envy you project eclipses mine by a mile! Tell us what you think of collective bargaining again.

I love Biden and the President with the shovel ready jobs and Infrastructure will create all these jobs....
How do the people who were Bakers,Accountants,advertising executives,Telecom technicians,butchers
just to name a few join a gang laying asphalt or pouring concrete.How do they fit into these jobs Mr.President?
Well what's the point anyway the President lied about all the shovel ready jobs !!!!

Last edited:
Or do they just keep the same business busy employing the same unions slobs leaning on shovels ?

No, what they create is Temporary work for someone. They do not Create a Job, and Either Party trying to count Temporary Construction Positions as a Job created are being dishonest with us all.

That is why Government spending is often not a very Efficient means of Stimulating the Economy. Because all you really get is a short burst of activity until the job is done. Private industry Creates Actual long term Jobs, and does not depend on Tax payer dollars to pay for them.

Always better to invest in the Private Sector when trying to stimulate an economy.

That is why the Presidents Stimulus Plan was such a horrid waste of Money. Because half of it was actually money to bail out the States Medicaid Budgets, and the rest was spent on Creating Temporary positions, not JOBS.

I have to go to work.
Class envy bullshit.
9.4% unemployment and you want to say public works is not an effective job creator, in spite of the success and benefits of WPA and CCC projects.

The railroads would NEVER have spanned this nation without government land grants (some could rightly say government bail-outs) to the rail road companies.

And the class envy you project eclipses mine by a mile! Tell us what you think of collective bargaining again.
9.4 + unemployment after TARP and the bailouts.
And your roads and bridges are still not fixed?
Yeah more borrowed money sounds like a good idea.
Cant wait to the union pension bubble to pop.
I got the big screen just to watch the riots on.

Last edited:

There are no unions building roads in Georgia.
Shovels have not built roads in 50 years.
Government never produces jobs. Government programs do produce jobs at the expense of the private sector in most cases. They are never permanent jobs. Government is not a for profit model.
Only government POLICIES can help create jobs. Lower taxes and less regulation and jobs are created.

Last edited:
I understand the impact across the board.
Your lodging and meal service did not pop up upon your arrival it benefited from you being there.
The service used to transporting the sample was not new.
The forms were printed by an established firm

seeing any pattern here?
periodically some new job may be created, but more often than not, not.
Well, if giving tax breaks to millionaires is supposed to create jobs, aren't all those jobs already there too? Yacht builders, oriental carpet weavers, furriers, jewelers, ski resort operators?

We're waiting yet again for something to trickle down from these tax breaks. If we build a bridge or a road, we can see the effects immediately.

Right wingers on this board complained that if you build a bridge, once it was finished, the builders were out of a job.

When I pointed out that the bridge now connected three communities, made commerce possible and help create hundreds of new jobs, they were, pardon the word, "mystified".

In fact, when I posted links showing right wing congressmen taking credit for creating thousands of new jobs created by the stimulus package, they called it a lie. Even with video and newspaper articles, they still called it a lie. They can't see because they refuse to see.

The most hilarious was Mitch McConnell who wailed the stimulus was a terrible failure yet lobbied for tens of millions to upgrade a railway system in his state that he said would lead to thousands of new jobs. Of course he got the money. Or Scott Brown who lobbied for money to bring broad band to hundreds of stores and factories in his district. The list is endless.

The truth is, no matter how much success this president has brought, they just can't get past that "color".

See we already spent the money to fix the roads and bridges they didn't get fixed and the unemployment is worse.

No, what they create is Temporary work for someone. They do not Create a Job, and Either Party trying to count Temporary Construction Positions as a Job created are being dishonest with us all.

That is why Government spending is often not a very Efficient means of Stimulating the Economy. Because all you really get is a short burst of activity until the job is done. Private industry Creates Actual long term Jobs, and does not depend on Tax payer dollars to pay for them.

Always better to invest in the Private Sector when trying to stimulate an economy.

That is why the Presidents Stimulus Plan was such a horrid waste of Money. Because half of it was actually money to bail out the States Medicaid Budgets, and the rest was spent on Creating Temporary positions, not JOBS.
The private sector can't build squat unless there is infrastructure in place first. There's a difference between building a refrigerator factory and pitching a tent in the woods

Sorry lefties. But thats the wave of the futuer in labor. You'll have to EARN and RE-EARN your job yearly. Work harder than Bubba, Jamal and Pedro, and you'll get the raise and one of them will get fired.

Thats is what labor is? That is what China and India does. We have what normal people call standards. You want to sell out our country for cheap labor? I mean as others put it. Cost of living rarely ever goes down. So whats the solution? Pay everyone less!!! Wait that makes no sense.

Oh and no contract jobs? That even smarter. I mean why keep workers that have 10 years experience just never get paid accordingly because thats the American way. Cheap Labor!!! Woo Hoo. Only the rich get everything!!!!

I love Biden and the President with the shovel ready jobs and Infrastructure will create all these jobs....
How do the people who were Bakers,Accountants,advertising executives,Telecom technicians,butchers
just to name a few join a gang laying asphalt or pouring concrete.How do they fit into these jobs Mr.President?
Well what's the point anyway the President lied about all the shovel ready jobs !!!!

GRAB A FUCKING PICK AXE AND GRUNT!!!

See how easy that was to put the butcher, the baker, and candle stick maker to work?? :lol:

See we already spent the money to fix the roads and bridges they didn't get fixed and the unemployment is worse.

Actually they are still working hard where ever I go in CA. Big Signs saying grab a shovel and help rebuild America, ya lazy republicans!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually they are still working hard where ever I go in CA. Big Signs saying grab a shovel and help rebuild America, ya lazy republicans!!!

Wow, he's brave. Wonder if he has insurance?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back