Do republicans want to return to a Timocracy?

• Banned
Only land owners involved in government.

What it ends up is and attempt to keep down WHO can own land.

Timocracy

I'm not familiar with that political or philosophical system, could the op define it, describe it's tenets, and provide evidence as to it's historical evolution?

Now that was a word I had to look up.

That means you need to define your terms when you ask that (inane, dishonest, foolish, crazy) question

For those who are too lazy to check the dictionary..... It means you have to have a property qualification to vote.

The republican party just did a big mess that resulted in many people losing their property.

It makes me think they may have this as their end game

Timocracy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Constitutional theory defines a timocracy as either:
1.a state where only property owners may participate in government
2.a government in which love of honor is the ruling principle[1]

The more extreme forms of timocracy, where power derives from wealth rather than honor, may shift in their form and become a plutocracy where the wealthy and powerful use their power to entrench their wealth.

Last edited:
Now that was a word I had to look up.

That means you need to define your terms when you ask that (inane, dishonest, foolish, crazy) question

For those who are too lazy to check the dictionary..... It means you have to have a property qualification to vote.

Actually it has 2 meanings
2. a government in which love of honor is the ruling principle

Given that BM has correctly defined the term, and it's use here is not another TM malaprop, I dunno about GOPers, but I have no problem with it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back