Do Republicans regret their Iraq fiasco?

Rdean, slaughtered in his own thread.

slapping-on-faces05.gif

Bush invade Iraq so that the U.S. Could get its hands on Iraqi oil. That's why the Iraqis set fire to the oil fields.

Cheney, Rumsfeld and other high ranking members of the administration all made millions through their ownership of companies like Haliburton which contracted with the U.S. Government to supply the troops and rebuild Iraq.

The Iraqis took exception to foreign contractors being brought in to rebuild their country while they starved and started fighting back against the Carpetbagging Americans.

Bush won the war but lost the peace.

Bush invade Iraq so that the U.S. Could get its hands on Iraqi oil. That's why the Iraqis set fire to the oil fields.

Cheney, Rumsfeld and other high ranking members of the administration all made millions through their ownership of companies like Haliburton which contracted with the U.S. Government to supply the troops and rebuild Iraq.

The Iraqis took exception to foreign contractors being brought in to rebuild their country while they starved and started fighting back against the Carpetbagging Americans.

Bush won the war but lost the peace.

OIL OIL OIL

CLICHE CLICHE CLICHE

BOOOOSH BOOOOSH BOOOOOSH

CHENEY CHENEY CHENEY

LIBERALS ARE FUCKING MORONS.

OIL OIL OIL

CLICHE CLICHE CLICHE

The 2008 big oil profits bring the grand total under the two terms of the Bush administration to $656 billion, which is nearly two-thirds of a trillion dollars.

Man just think how much money the oil companies could have made if Bush had invaded Saudi Arabia.
And even if you think the war wasn't about oil company profits , the war sure worked out well for oil company profits.. Or are you going to deny that also?

OIL OIL OIL

CLICHE CLICHE CLICHE

The 2008 big oil profits bring the grand total under the two terms of the Bush administration to $656 billion, which is nearly two-thirds of a trillion dollars.

Man just think how much money the oil companies could have made if Bush had invaded Saudi Arabia.
And even if you think the war wasn't about oil company profits , the war sure worked out well for oil company profits.. Or are you going to deny that also?
What were the total sales for Girl Scout cookies over those same years? Because that has about as much to do with anything as your stupid attempt at math and equivalency.

I don't know, do the Democrats regret their Libyan fiasco?
You mean the country that didn't attack us first?
The one where tens of thousands of Americans died and were maimed for life?
The one that cost trillions to rebuild after we leveled it?

Oh wait

That would be Iraq.

Libya did attack us first

How many Americans died?

How much did we spend rebuilding it?

You must feel like one silly little shit right about now.

Rdean, wishes saddam was still in power torturing and murdering his people. What a caring liberal.

Watch, ,now as he bends his argument to have it both ways.
Really? We had no reason to invade Iraq. I would take a stable Iraq over this unstable mess Bush created, in a heart beat. And there wasn't any weapons of mass destruction. So where are we supposed to go with this bullsh*t?

Rdean, wishes saddam was still in power torturing and murdering his people. What a caring liberal.

Really? We had no reason to invade Iraq. I would take a stable Iraq over this unstable mess Bush created, in a heart beat. And there where no weapons of mass destruction. So where are supposed to go with this bullsh*t?

Bush didn't create it, Obuma's stupid withdrawal from Iraq, left it wide open as Bush had said it would! Apparently many people aren't nuanced enough to know CURRENT HISTORY!!!! Have another cup of Kool Aid, Mary!

Do they? Considering all the damage it's caused. All the American lives lost or destroyed. The financial cost to the country. Do they ever wonder if it was a bad idea?
This is just party politics... Same same same. Do you know what was going on at the time in Iraq?

We were their since 94 or 95 doing operations. Operation southern watch and operation northern watch based in Saudi, turkey respectively. The assets were in place to continue the no fly zone, we flew alert and training sorties everyday. And almost everyday they would test us. Anyway the Saudi contract was ending which was going to put a damper on the whole no-fly zone in southern watch. At the end of 2002 we started to shift assets over to Qatar. Meanwhile the food for oil program was not working at all, through contacts with the UN, the UN was giving intel to the Iraqis in exchange for cheap oil. Not the food or oil we were told. I think it was 10 to 12 US dollars a barrel. Which is why China Russia and France to name a few were against us from going in because they were getting cheap oil basically on the backs of the soldiers and airmen enforcing the no fly zones. Look up all the money that was found in sad dams palaces! Anyway they made millions and so did saddam.

Anyway what the plan entailed was to create bases within Iraq because of its proximity to Iran and Syria. But due to political pressure it was shelved by bush and obama. Yes i know about the failed sofa attempt. Had we stayed and operated like we do in South Korea it may have been different. But I know that is a straw mans argument due to the fact it did not happen. Politics fucked it all up and continues to screw it all up by both republican and democrats, both parties are ideological cowards and both tow the party line of bullshit!

What was sold: Mushroom Cloud

What was found: Old Mustard Gas

Result: No Mushroom clouds come from mustard gas. There that was a lie
Ten year old talking points, really need to come up with some new ones. So you are telling me Saddam never tried to get nuclear weapons?

Talking points or not...what matters is what is true and what is not.

Result: No Mushroom clouds come from mustard gas. There that was a lie.

Do you have a rebuttal or you want to talk about what someone wanted to do instead of facts?
Fact is we knew Saddam was looking to make a nuclear bomb.
Fact is we had no idea if he had one or not.

The Isralis bombed a pill factory then called it a nuclear power site. Saddam had no interest in nukes, none.
Really? Got a link for that? Was he the nice evil dictator that didn't want the most powerful bomb in the world?

Sarcasm lost.

Really? We had no reason to invade Iraq. I would take a stable Iraq over this unstable mess Bush created, in a heart beat. And there where no weapons of mass destruction. So where are supposed to go with this bullsh*t?

Bush didn't create it, Obuma's stupid withdrawal from Iraq, left it wide open as Bush had said it would! Apparently many people aren't nuanced enough to know CURRENT HISTORY!!!! Have another cup of Kool Aid, Mary!

Drink the kool aid. Iraq had nothing to do with anything, by invading Iraq we destabilized the area and created a breeding ground for future terrorists, god I hate jihadi Muslim shitheads. But I digress.

Ten year old talking points, really need to come up with some new ones. So you are telling me Saddam never tried to get nuclear weapons?

Do you have a rebuttal or you want to talk about what someone wanted to do instead of facts?

The Isralis bombed a pill factory then called it a nuclear power site. Saddam had no interest in nukes, none.

Yeah he did have interest in nukes. You are a fucking moron.

Ouch, I think I need to find a sarcasm emoticon, or one for after getting kicked in the privates. :ack-1::banana2:

Your ignorance is mind boggling. The Israelis bombed a nuclear facility.

My apologies for my poor use of sarcasm, apparently I am the only one that appreciates my humor. That must be why no one laughs at my jokes.

Drink the kool aid. Iraq had nothing to do with anything, by invading Iraq we destabilized the area and created a breeding ground for future terrorists, god I hate jihadi Muslim shitheads. But I digress.

By what measure do you use to conclude that Iraq was destablized? I can only assume you perfer Saddam attacking his neighbors. Using WMD on his own people. His sons haveing rape rooms. His firing on our planes defending the no fly zone. Saddam was a threat to peace in the middle east he proved it time an again. That is why NO ME country said anything about us taking out the madman and sons. Only the left wing of America seems to have a love affair with Saddam.

Mary, If we stayed there, as we did with S.Korea, and Japan, we would never have seen ISIS formed. They would have been dispatched. as most of the Iraq militias of the various religious leaders were.

True bush did have a plan but because of political pressure I recall he started speaking of a timeline withdrawal as well. The media was turning against it and the Dems were not for it. Bush had baggage and had lost the clout he had in 2002. Sadly as I said politics had replaced strategy. And now obama has no strategy that will work, he fired everyone in the pentagon with experience, so I can understand why he doesn't want to go to war. The state department is run by Teeni boppers who think jobs are the answer, and they don't realize that not every place is like American people. Bit this admin has not learned from its mistakes and refuses to admit mistakes. No leadership. Just floating. Hoping things improve is not a strategy.

Forum List

Back