Do Republicans regret their Iraq fiasco?

OS 11276818
Another day...another R-Derp string blaming everything wrong in the Universe on the Republican Party. Yawn...

Not everything. Just deciding to force UN inspectors out of Iraq so US troops could do a massive and deadly ground invasion. You are not denying that the one that decided that stupid move was proud to call himself the 'decider' . So what is being written here is that the "Decider" 'who decided to disarm a peaceful Iraq at that time with inspectors in there through a ground invasion' was a Republican. Are you denying or contesting anything that I have written here Oldstyle? If so could we see a response with specifics for a change?

A "peaceful" Iraq? Would that be the Iraq that had sanctions imposed upon it after invading Kuwait? The Iraq that was using chemical weapons against it's own people? The Iraq that was funding suicide bombers? You have an interesting concept of what "peaceful" means, Notfooled.
where did Iraq get those weapons? THATS RIGHT SCOOTER- :up: the Raygun Administration :rofl: Derp. :thup:

Dude, Iraq had been buying weapons from every major arms supplying nation there is for years! France, Germany, Russia, China...all of them sold weapons to Saddam...some of them were selling weapons to him even after the UN sanctions were put in place! I suppose that was "Raygun's" fault as well?
FIRST OF ALL, stop calling me "dude" :eusa_hand: SECOND OF ALL- Raygun (R) was knee-deep in the mil industrial complex weapon xfers AKA- capitalist cronyism (placing orders for weapons that are produced on the taxpayer dime) to keep the gravy train rolling at the taxpayers AND soldiers expense.

Last edited:
Bipartisan =

bi·par·ti·san
bīˈpärdəzən/
adjective
adjective: bipartisan; adjective: bi-partisan
  1. of or involving the agreement or cooperation of two political parties that usually oppose each other's policies.
    "the Iraq war had considerable bipartisan approval"
Sorry LWNJ's - you're attempts to revise history are not working. The Iraq war had bipartisan support. Hillary, the "presumptive nominee", voted for it.

:rofl:

You have trouble with comprehension, don't you? The vote was based on the WH cherry picking information and DICK pressuring intelligence agencies to stack the deck for an invasion. This was one of the greatest scam jobs this country has ever seen.

Now, the GOP is drooling over the prospects of doing the same thing in Iran. FRIGIN AMAZING!

Democrats have more excuses that Carter had liver pills...."I was for the resolution before I was against it" ...:rofl:

Stop making excuses for spineless Democrats. They voted for it, and they knew exactly what they were voting for.

Last edited:
Hillary voted for it. Does she regret her vote?

Sorry LWNJ's , as much fun as revisionist history is, it's still fiction. The Iraq war had bi-partisan support. PERIOD.

82 out of 126 DemocRats voted "yea" in the House.
29 out of 50 DemocRat voted "yea" in the Senate.

Only 3 (combined) RePuglicans voted "nay".

an absolutely COWARDLY showing by the Democrats. No surprise for the Republicans.

We will be paying for this piss poor stupid decision for decades.

I admire those who had the cajones to say "NO".

126 House Democrats voted against......fyi

Sorry LWNJ's , as much fun as revisionist history is, it's still fiction. The Iraq war had bi-partisan support. PERIOD.

an absolutely COWARDLY showing by the Democrats. No surprise for the Republicans.

oops - thanks for the correction :)

I regret Obama's Iraq fiasco. He took a stable nation and plungedvit into chaos all in an effort to support his Islamist jihadist brothers.

I regret it deeply
A stable nation. That brings one question to mind: Could you possibly be more full of shit than you are right now?

Women voted, they had civil law and order, then your boy Obama turned it all over to isis

You mean the Shiite dominated Iraq Government and the Sunnis couldn't work together so the Civil war that was on pause for the US exit started in earnest last year. The Sunnis invited their old pals al Qaeda in Iraq to join them. The Iraqi government invited Iran.

Looks like Bush really fucked up the entire region.

Less Far left drones voted against the 1991 Gulf War.

Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 1991 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Democrats: 10-45. 10 (18%) of 56 Democratic Senators voted for the resolution

Democrats: 86-179. 86 (32%) of 267 Democrats voted for the resolution.

So more Democrats voted yes (in the house) in 2003 than they did in 1991..

oops - thanks for the correction :)

Yes you are far left drone!

It turned into a fiasco when obama pulled out our troops.....unlike the troops we have kept in Germany, Italy, South Korea, Japan......since those wars ended......the situation was stable and under control when Bush left office....didn't fall apart till obama came in and decided letting the terrorists have free reign would make things better.....

When Bush left office we still had combat troops patrolling the cities.

The Bug Out plan was signed and approved by President Bush.

They voted for it, and they knew exactly what they were voting for.

HRC knew exactly what she was voting for and that been my point. It was a vote for war 'if necessary" - not a vote to go 'immediately to war.' if it were the latter as you claim then there was no reason for Bush to seek and get UNSC Res 1441 and the enhanced inspections that followed.

Why do you avoid addressing my point by repeating a worn out talking point?

Theowl 11278121
It was not an invasion you fucking liberal cocksucking moron.

Do you think the author of this website is "fucking liberal cocksucking moron."?

http://www.commandposts.com/2013/03/shock-awe-the-invasion-begins-march–may-2003/

Really. Answer the question. Every News organization refers to the invasion of Iraq as an invasion.

This comes from that link:

. Following President Bush’s address, at approximately 2200 hours EST (0600 hours in Baghdad) on March 20, 2003, the ground invasion of Iraq, led by U.S. Army General Tommy Franks, CENTCOM Commander, began under the codename “Operation Iraqi Liberation,” later renamed to “Operation Iraqi Freedom.” U.S., U.K., and Australian Forces, combined with forty other nations, formed the “coalition of the willing” led by the United States. They participated by providing troops, equipment, security, and special forces, with the United States providing 248,000 soldiers. Another 45,000 from the United Kingdom, 2,000 from Australia, and 194 Polish special operation forces were staged in Kuwait on D-Day. The invasion force also was supported by Iraqi Kurdish militia troops, estimated to number upward of about 70,000.

Only you are pretending it was not an invasion.

Here is the author if you are too lazy to look it up:

Col. Darron L. Wright
author-avatar-default.jpg

Col. Darron L. Wright has served in the U.S. Army for 26 years. He was first assigned to active duty in 1991, when he served as a platoon leader, company executive officer, and company commander with the 3rd Battalion, 17th Infantry Regiment, Fort Ord, California. His next assignment was as a company commander of C Company, 3-325 Airborne Infantry Regiment and E CO 313th Military Intelligence Battalion, Long Range Surveillance Detachment (LRSD), Fort Bragg, North Carolina from 1996–2000. From 2000–01, Wright served as the chief of operations for 7th Infantry Division, Fort Carson. Colorado. Later, Wright was assigned to 1st Battalion, 8th Infantry Regiment, Fort Carson, Colorado, and upon arrival the unit deployed to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Wright has served three tours in Iraq. He is the recipient of the Bronze Star, the General Douglas MacArthur Leadership Award, and numerous other awards and commendations. Wright earned his masters degree in Strategic Studies and National Security Decision Making from the Naval War College. He is the author of Iraq Full Circle: From Shock and Awe to the Last Combat Patrol in Baghdad and Beyond.

Last edited:
I regret Obama's Iraq fiasco. He took a stable nation and plungedvit into chaos all in an effort to support his Islamist jihadist brothers.

I regret it deeply
A stable nation. That brings one question to mind: Could you possibly be more full of shit than you are right now?

Women voted, they had civil law and order, then your boy Obama turned it all over to isis

You mean the Shiite dominated Iraq Government and the Sunnis couldn't work together so the Civil war that was on pause for the US exit started in earnest last year. The Sunnis invited their old pals al Qaeda in Iraq to join them. The Iraqi government invited Iran.

Looks like Bush really fucked up the entire region.
^ that

Thanks Bu$hCo & Cheney/Halliburton CrusaderFrank :thup:

0mpm.jpg

It turned into a fiasco when obama pulled out our troops.....unlike the troops we have kept in Germany, Italy, South Korea, Japan......since those wars ended......the situation was stable and under control when Bush left office....didn't fall apart till obama came in and decided letting the terrorists have free reign would make things better.....

When Bush left office we still had combat troops patrolling the cities.

The Bug Out plan was signed and approved by President Bush.
Don't use facts, you'll only confuse the Repub hive-minders.

Forum List

Back