Do Republicans Manage College Football Players?

The NCAA is trying to uphold the amatuer standard by not allowing paychecks for playing a sport, getting a free degree and 4 years worth of living expenses should suffice for someone 18-22 years old...what a concept. Join the military if you don't like it.

Also, the NCAA wants an even playing field. A Iowa State can't shell out money like Alabama for a football player, but they can possibly lure them with a better degree with money out of the equation.

If you are 6'3" 250 lbs and dumber than a box of rocks, the NFL will let you tryout 3 years after graduating from high school so skip college and get a job for those 3 years.....you aren't being denied shit because a college can't pay you to play football.:eusa_whistle:

Some liberals on college campuses want to get rid of the big business aspect of college sports with higher entrance standards which will ensure less BLACKS attend those colleges on scholarship.

Some liberals off college campuses see this as a blacks vs white college debate where black athletes make up the majority of star football and basketball players, thus need to "get paid."

You liberals are just a fucked up bi-polar group in this debate.

I have been following this debate longer than you GED majors since I actually lived with black college football players (both graduated) and they went on to have short NFL careers.....so find another subject whine about.

You're not addressing my concerns. I'm talking about the freedom aspect of being able to sell ones services to the highest bidder. If you're a baseball or hockey player, you can go with whomever gives you the best deal, college or the minor leagues. With football or basketball you're stuck working for whatever they're willing to give you and have to jump through their academic hoops besides. I, frankly, don't think much of a system which can pay coaches millions, but sanctions a school because a student was given money to be able to go home for a funeral, which happened to a school in my area.

Sure you're being denied something, three years of practice and publicity that your peers got. I don't buy the amateur bit either, not when some coaches get paid millions. It's a money making deal and those that contribute should benefit. Who are you to say what should suffice? Would you want someone, Obama perhaps, telling you what you're allowed to make?

Um, let's see over 75% of football and basketball players in SEC, ACC, Big 10, etc are.....black and when people complain about athletes making "white" schools millions along with white coaches like Saban making millions....well they are claiming subtle racism for those athletes not getting a fat paycheck every Friday.

I've never seen anyone claim the soccer team that is over 75% white needs to get paid.....

Oh, the police blotter for UF is full of black football players doing crazy stuff....must be racism or something.

Yeah, those "evil" colleges lowered entrance standards for those poor little football players, catered to their every need for 4-5 years on campus and provided them a place to showcase themselves for millions in the NBA/MLB/NFL.

What a travesty. :eusa_whistle:

Many black athletes playing football and basketball would be out of work, doing a loser job, dead or in jail without a college pulling them up from high school to attend college because they can run, jump, tackle, etc. Hell, many of them still break laws while at college on a free ride....

You truly are trying to turn this into a racial issue it seems.

Police blotter? :confused:

shithead....take it to court and watch your ass get laughed out of court.

Oh, also sue to claim Haaaaavard can't deny you because of bad grades. :eusa_whistle:

You're the typical scumbag liberal feeling everyone is entitled to whatever they want.

Hell, I should be paid millions to play basketball....

The NCAA is trying to uphold the amatuer standard by not allowing paychecks for playing a sport, getting a free degree and 4 years worth of living expenses should suffice for someone 18-22 years old...what a concept. Join the military if you don't like it.

Also, the NCAA wants an even playing field. A Iowa State can't shell out money like Alabama for a football player, but they can possibly lure them with a better degree with money out of the equation.

If you are 6'3" 250 lbs and dumber than a box of rocks, the NFL will let you tryout 3 years after graduating from high school so skip college and get a job for those 3 years.....you aren't being denied shit because a college can't pay you to play football.:eusa_whistle:

You're not addressing my concerns. I'm talking about the freedom aspect of being able to sell ones services to the highest bidder. If you're a baseball or hockey player, you can go with whomever gives you the best deal, college or the minor leagues. With football or basketball you're stuck working for whatever they're willing to give you and have to jump through their academic hoops besides. I, frankly, don't think much of a system which can pay coaches millions, but sanctions a school because a student was given money to be able to go home for a funeral, which happened to a school in my area.

Sure you're being denied something, three years of practice and publicity that your peers got. I don't buy the amateur bit either, not when some coaches get paid millions. It's a money making deal and those that contribute should benefit. Who are you to say what should suffice? Would you want someone, Obama perhaps, telling you what you're allowed to make?

where are colleges going to get money to pay all these football players and all the other athletes

From the 100,000 people in the stadiums....kinda like the NFL does.

BUT....Republicans would NEVER support paying college football players who play for places like the University of Alabama or Florida State University.

Why? Well, as a govt school payroll....they'd all become "government workers", and Republicans HATE government workers (unless they are military govt workers, they love those).

Why the fuck do we need to pay College players? Why? They chose to go to school thee and getting a degree and playing there. They will make there millions if they go on to Pro level.

They chose it because they had to if they want to play. It's not like they have a minor league to go to. The point is the NCAA is a monopoly that sets all the rules and pays peanuts considering the kinds of injuries players can receive.

shithead....take it to court and watch your ass get laughed out of court.

Oh, also sue to claim Haaaaavard can't deny you because of bad grades. :eusa_whistle:

You're the typical scumbag liberal feeling everyone is entitled to whatever they want.

Hell, I should be paid millions to play basketball....

You're the dumb shit. Can't come up with a decent argument so you have to name call. Night-night :ahole-1:

The mind of a liberal leads to chaos:

If someone is too dumb or lazy to do college work but is good at football can go ahead and sue the NCAA or a specific college because they aren't admitted to play college football then let's have Joe Schmoe the fat guy with A grades but a terrible football player sue the school for not giving him a football scholarship.

Too short for college basketball? Sue the NCAA.
Too dumb to play college baseball? Sue the NCAA.
Too lazy to attend class? Sue the NCAA.
Born with 1 leg and can't play college sports? Sue the NCAA.

Last edited:
they get paid with scholarships

What happened to good old-fashioned cash and being able to sell your services to the highest bidder? If I or my kid was a star, I'd want a cut of that bowl money.

the players can choose to pay for their tuition and other expenses or just not play.

That's the Republican's mantra...."I make the rules and you either accept them as they are or leave."

The cold hard facts are that 80%-90% of the time the athletes who are recruited and brought to play are not even qualified to be in college...that part troubles me more than the rest. Some of them have to have a tutor to teach them to read after they arrive. Because they played sports in high school nobody even thought of failing them. Can you say D- average?

Last edited:
Yeah, those "evil" colleges lowered entrance standards for those poor little football players, catered to their every need for 4-5 years on campus and provided them a place to showcase themselves for millions in the NBA/MLB/NFL.

Many black athletes playing football and basketball would be out of work, doing a loser job, dead or in jail without a college pulling them up from high school to attend college because they can run, jump, tackle, etc. Hell, many of them still break laws while at college on a free ride....

BUT....Republicans would NEVER support paying college football players who play for places like the University of Alabama or Florida State University.

Why? Well, as a govt school payroll....they'd all become "government workers", and Republicans HATE government workers (unless they are military govt workers, they love those).

actually, it was the OP that started down that path

The OP posed it as a racial issue without any evidence.

What happened to good old-fashioned cash and being able to sell your services to the highest bidder? If I or my kid was a star, I'd want a cut of that bowl money.

the players can choose to pay for their tuition and other expenses or just not play.

That's the Republican's mantra...."I make the rules and you either accept them as they are or leave."

The cold hard facts are that 80%-90% of the time the athletes who are recruited and brought to play are not even qualified to be in college...that part troubles me more than the rest. Some of them have to have a tutor to teach them to read after they arrive. Because they played sports in high school nobody even thought of failing them. Can you say D- average?

with slavery you don't have a choice and with football you do.

Is that so difficult a concept?

In addition, scholarship athletes in one sense do get paid with a scholarship and free tutoring.

Many atheletes also get paid under the table and get other perks.

Obviously you limp wristed libs don't follow a man's sport.

Stick with badminton or jacks.

where are colleges going to get money to pay all these football players and all the other athletes

they get paid with scholarships

But you and your kid are nobodys, so your point isn't based on reality but some silly dream.

Who was it that pushed for 700 SAT's dumb-ass?:eusa_eh:

Is this still America? The coaches get to negotiate huge contracts, why not the players? The NCAA is a monopoly engaged in restraint of trade, IMO.

So, the players need to go somewhere else. If enough players quit playing, I'm sure someone would find a league and play them and pay them.

Who was it that pushed for 700 SAT's dumb-ass?:eusa_eh:

What did Vince Young get on his Wonderlic?

About a 10?

Do you have a link to support your cold hard facts?

In addition, scholarship athletes in one sense do get paid with a scholarship and free tutoring.

The one who has a strong wrist has been jerking off too many athletes.

The facts are simple....the colleges have turned the exploitation of black athletes who are not college material to begin with into a situation where the successful teams can hire a staff headed by a coach who gives orders, hires and fires and is paid millions of dollars a season. Or as Republicans refer to it......a normal business.

When the athletes show up to play they wear the college colors, have a number and represents the college who sponsors them. What the fuck is the difference in that and NASCAR? One thing.....a good NASCAR driver makes as much or more money as his crew chief and sometimes as much as the owner.

Last edited:

The facts are simple....the colleges have turned the exploitation of black athletes who are not college material to begin with into a situation where the successful teams can hire a staff headed by a coach who gives orders, hires and fires and is paid millions of dollars a season. Or as Republicans refer to it......a normal business.

When the athletes show up to play they wear the college colors, have a number and represent a college who sponsors them. What the fuck is the difference in that and NASCAR? One thing.....a good NASCAR driver makes as much or more money as his crew chief and sometimes as much as the owner.

exploiting black athletes?

OK. how is a full scholarship exploitation? It's a contract. Some black athletes actually do graduate.

And no white athletes are exploited and only republicans ( read whitey) are the exploiters is also a point you have made.

I have zero problem with the entire NCAA football program having a plan that athletes need a 1000 SAT and B + GPA in HS.

That will solve your problem.

Last edited:

When the athletes show up to play they wear the college colors, have a number and represent a college who sponsors them. What the fuck is the difference in that and NASCAR? One thing.....a good NASCAR driver makes as much or more money as his crew chief and sometimes as much as the owner.

exploiting black athletes?

OK. how is a full scholarship exploitation? It's a contract. Some black athletes actually do graduate.

And no white athletes are exploited and only republicans ( read whitey) are the exploiters is also a point you have made.

I have zero problem with the entire NCAA football program having a plan that athletes need a 1000 SAT and B + GPA in HS.

That will solve your problem.

Typical Republican horse shit! Methinks you watch Fox News a lot. Nobody believes an athlete has to be an outstanding student.....just legitimately qualified...at least able to read.

I repeat....hire a team, pay them by the same percentages pro's do and forget the fact that they can't understand division and multiplication and don't know how to read at a seventh grade level. Using three "You Knows" per sentence might be something folks could overlook too.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back