Do Republicans Manage College Football Players?

It's clear you don't know much about the paying college athletes debates....many blacks and liberals have claimed athletes are treated like slaves by colleges, asshole.

Texas makes over a $100million each year with their sports teams, so assholes like you claim the football and basketball players are being used since they don't get a $2,000/month paycheck for playing a sport.

How in gods green earth did you come up with College Football players are slaves......

picard-facepalm.jpg

It's clear you don't know much about the paying college athletes debates....many blacks and liberals have claimed athletes are treated like slaves by colleges, asshole.

Texas makes over a $100million each year with their sports teams, so assholes like you claim the football and basketball players are being used since they don't get a $2,000/month paycheck for playing a sport.

How in gods green earth did you come up with College Football players are slaves......

picard-facepalm.jpg

Did i ever claim that they are slaves? Hell no UF makes a shit ton off of there athletics program. But these people chose to go here and chose to play in the sports they do. Do say they are slaves is just insane.

Some liberals on college campuses want to get rid of the big business aspect of college sports with higher entrance standards which will ensure less BLACKS attend those colleges on scholarship.

Some liberals off college campuses see this as a blacks vs white college debate where black athletes make up the majority of star football and basketball players, thus need to "get paid."

You liberals are just a fucked up bi-polar group in this debate.

I have been following this debate longer than you GED majors since I actually lived with black college football players (both graduated) and they went on to have short NFL careers.....so find another subject whine about.

Some liberals on college campuses want to get rid of the big business aspect of college sports with higher entrance standards which will ensure less BLACKS attend those colleges on scholarship.

Some liberals off college campuses see this as a blacks vs white college debate where black athletes make up the majority of star football and basketball players, thus need to "get paid."

I have been following this debate longer than you GED majors since I actually lived with black college football players (both graduated) and they went on to have short NFL careers.....so find another subject whine about.

WTF you're rants are all over the place go take a Xanax and chill.

There's a good case for it. Rich and powerful people examining the decendents of slaves and deciding which of those can best further the big business of college football. Hundreds of millions of dollars each season for each major university while the players who wear the uniforms and represent the best learning institutions in the world basically get their stipend and a college education. The saddest thing about this is that the recruits don't even have to know where Louisiana is on a map, what the supreme court is or how to read at an eighth grade level. That's right sports fans...slavery is alive and well.

Why in the world aren't the universities at least honest enough to hire the players and pay them according to their abilities and talents on the football field?? Let me guess.....they're making hundreds of millions of dollars from the efforts of folks with extraordinary athletic ability and don't want to see an end to it. Jim Crow wouldn't get to first base in the modern era.

Don't come at me with the prep for professional athletics bullshit......only a fraction of those who play in college are ever even considered for possible recruiting into the professional ranks.

Universities are run by white liberals, you stupid fucking douche nozzle.

Uh idiot, the OP brought up slavery in this debate like many liberals have in the past off this board.

Blacks are the majority of football and basketball players, so the "work for no pay" crap always leads back to slavery....

picard-facepalm.jpg

Did i ever claim that they are slaves? Hell no UF makes a shit ton off of there athletics program. But these people chose to go here and chose to play in the sports they do. Do say they are slaves is just insane.

actually college athletes are restricted from getting paid or gifts, they do get scholarships, grants, fellowships and I am sure many freebies.

Uh idiot, the OP brought up slavery in this debate like many liberals have in the past off this board.

Blacks are the majority of football and basketball players, so the "work for no pay" crap always leads back to slavery....

Stop being so erratic with your rants please. :lol::lol:

You're not addressing my concerns. I'm talking about the freedom aspect of being able to sell ones services to the highest bidder. If you're a baseball or hockey player, you can go with whomever gives you the best deal, college or the minor leagues. With football or basketball you're stuck working for whatever they're willing to give you and have to jump through their academic hoops besides. I, frankly, don't think much of a system which can pay coaches millions, but sanctions a school because a student was given money to be able to go home for a funeral, which happened to a school in my area.

College athletics shows the bi-polar nature of a liberal.

First, they want lower standards for blacks to get into college but then they whine that the black athletes have made college sports more popular than back in 1950, so it is now big business.

Most colleges are run by left-wing white elitist snobs that many times don't like big time sports but many recognize the money brought in with winning football and basketball teams.

The fans of college sports most times are conservatives and non-alumni of the schools they support. They are a Nebraska fan because they grew up on a farm in Nebraska.

So liberals are found on both sides, one group supporting the lower standards for black athletes and the other group pissed off so many non-alumni invade their campus for a football game on Saturday....it ruins tea time.

Last edited:
The NCAA is trying to uphold the amatuer standard by not allowing paychecks for playing a sport, getting a free degree and 4 years worth of living expenses should suffice for someone 18-22 years old...what a concept. Join the military if you don't like it.

Also, the NCAA wants an even playing field. A Iowa State can't shell out money like Alabama for a football player, but they can possibly lure them with a better degree with money out of the equation.

If you are 6'3" 250 lbs and dumber than a box of rocks, the NFL will let you tryout 3 years after graduating from high school so skip college and get a job for those 3 years.....you aren't being denied shit because a college can't pay you to play football.:eusa_whistle:

You're not addressing my concerns. I'm talking about the freedom aspect of being able to sell ones services to the highest bidder. If you're a baseball or hockey player, you can go with whomever gives you the best deal, college or the minor leagues. With football or basketball you're stuck working for whatever they're willing to give you and have to jump through their academic hoops besides. I, frankly, don't think much of a system which can pay coaches millions, but sanctions a school because a student was given money to be able to go home for a funeral, which happened to a school in my area.

Last edited:
where are colleges going to get money to pay all these football players and all the other athletes

From the 100,000 people in the stadiums....kinda like the NFL does.

BUT....Republicans would NEVER support paying college football players who play for places like the University of Alabama or Florida State University.

Why? Well, as a govt school payroll....they'd all become "government workers", and Republicans HATE government workers (unless they are military govt workers, they love those).

where are colleges going to get money to pay all these football players and all the other athletes

BUT....Republicans would NEVER support paying college football players who play for places like the University of Alabama or Florida State University.

Why? Well, as a govt school payroll....they'd all become "government workers", and Republicans HATE government workers (unless they are military govt workers, they love those).

Why the fuck do we need to pay College players? Why? They chose to go to school thee and getting a degree and playing there. They will make there millions if they go on to Pro level.

Bottom line is this: Republicans in a place, like, say Alabama, would cheer a 5 million a year salary for a damn football coach (U of A head coach Nick Saban), but dont DARE suggest giving benefits or raises to govt workers like cops, firemen or teachers. Oh no oh no. Only govt workers who can win 'ball games are worthy of tax dollars.

And before anyone says it, those salaries are mandated by NCAA to come from general operating budget of the school (Athletics Dept/Science Dept/Art Dept payroll, etc), they can't use money from attendance or TV to pay coaches, it's part of the "amateurism" rules.

Why the fuck do we need to pay College players? Why? They chose to go to school thee and getting a degree and playing there. They will make there millions if they go on to Pro level.

I dunno....how about the same reason you pay their coaches millions of dollars???? If a COLLEGE football coach is worth $3,000,000 a year of taxpayer money...how can you NOT toss the players a 20k a year check???

I dunno....how about the same reason you pay their coaches millions of dollars???? If a COLLEGE football coach is worth $3,000,000 a year of taxpayer money...how can you NOT toss the players a 20k a year check???

Last i checked they aren't getting paid by the Taxpayers they are getting paid from Tickets sold Merch sold and the bouneses they receive from the Networks as well as the bowl game payouts. Anything else you wish me to educate you on?

Yeah, those "evil" colleges lowered entrance standards for those poor little football players, catered to their every need for 4-5 years on campus and provided them a place to showcase themselves for millions in the NBA/MLB/NFL.

What a travesty. :eusa_whistle:

Many black athletes playing football and basketball would be out of work, doing a loser job, dead or in jail without a college pulling them up from high school to attend college because they can run, jump, tackle, etc. Hell, many of them still break laws while at college on a free ride....

Yeah, those "evil" colleges lowered entrance standards for those poor little football players, catered to their every need for 4-5 years on campus and provided them a place to showcase themselves for millions in the NBA/MLB/NFL.

Many black athletes playing football and basketball would be out of work, doing a loser job, dead or in jail without a college pulling them up from high school to attend college because they can run, jump, tackle, etc. Hell, many of them still break laws while at college on a free ride....

You truly are trying to turn this into a racial issue it seems.

Dumbfuck, there are other sports on campus with players to support, coaches to pay and admin officials to pay while running the show behind the scenes.

Alabama pays Saban $3M because he wins and brings more money to the school with fans in the stands. The school then turns around and builds nicer dorms, weight rooms, etc for athletes across campus.

Idiots like you want the football and basketball players to hoard the money so the soccer team has nothing and shuts down. The joke is the soccer team represents the student body better than the PED driven football players that need tutors to maintain their grades until they bolt for millions in the NFL.

Bottom line is this: Republicans in a place, like, say Alabama, would cheer a 5 million a year salary for a damn football coach (U of A head coach Nick Saban), but dont DARE suggest giving benefits or raises to govt workers like cops, firemen or teachers. Oh no oh no. Only govt workers who can win 'ball games are worthy of tax dollars.

And before anyone says it, those salaries are mandated by NCAA to come from general operating budget of the school (Athletics Dept/Science Dept/Art Dept payroll, etc), they can't use money from attendance or TV to pay coaches, it's part of the "amateurism" rules.

Um, let's see over 75% of football and basketball players in SEC, ACC, Big 10, etc are.....black and when people complain about athletes making "white" schools millions along with white coaches like Saban making millions....well they are claiming subtle racism for those athletes not getting a fat paycheck every Friday.

I've never seen anyone claim the soccer team that is over 75% white needs to get paid.....

Oh, the police blotter for UF is full of black football players doing crazy stuff....must be racism or something.

You truly are trying to turn this into a racial issue it seems.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back