Do Republicans Manage College Football Players?

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
There's a good case for it. Rich and powerful people examining the decendents of slaves and deciding which of those can best further the big business of college football. Hundreds of millions of dollars each season for each major university while the players who wear the uniforms and represent the best learning institutions in the world basically get their stipend and a college education. The saddest thing about this is that the recruits don't even have to know where Louisiana is on a map, what the supreme court is or how to read at an eighth grade level. That's right sports fans...slavery is alive and well.

Why in the world aren't the universities at least honest enough to hire the players and pay them according to their abilities and talents on the football field?? Let me guess.....they're making hundreds of millions of dollars from the efforts of folks with extraordinary athletic ability and don't want to see an end to it. Jim Crow wouldn't get to first base in the modern era.

Don't come at me with the prep for professional athletics bullshit......only a fraction of those who play in college are ever even considered for possible recruiting into the professional ranks.

Last edited:
where are colleges going to get money to pay all these football players and all the other athletes

Surely you're shitting me. I live near the University of Tennessee. Each Saturday during football season there are at least 100,000 and sometimes up to 105,000 in the stands at Neyland stadium. The average cost of admission to the public is $50-$120 and some of the high dollar VIP seats are a lot more than that. Do the math.

they get paid with scholarships

What happened to good old-fashioned cash and being able to sell your services to the highest bidder? If I or my kid was a star, I'd want a cut of that bowl money.

the players can choose to pay for their tuition and other expenses or just not play.

Is this still America? The coaches get to negotiate huge contracts, why not the players? The NCAA is a monopoly engaged in restraint of trade, IMO.

Liberals are bipolar on this subject some want to pay the players since they are so-called slaves and other liberals like at my alma mater want to destroy the whole system and go back to the 1940s with higher academic standards, less flash.

Both groups are dumbfucks because college athletes getting FREE food, clothing, books, housing, tuition, road trips, etc for playing a sport aren't slaves. Many football and basketball players are lucky to be allowed into college with their minimum GPAs/SATs, so they should shut the fuck up when they get into college and others with a B average get rejected for a normal student slot.

Oh, many idiots say we should just pay football and basketball players. Yeah, that will go over well with tennis, soccer, baseball players, etc....especially "women" athletes not getting paid. Let's not forget many schools will have to get rid of some of those other sports to pay Bubba on the football team. I'm guessing men's soccer will be cut not women's soccer because of Title 9.

The OP is a dumbfuck that is typical of the idiots pontificating about college sports with no clue. The best way to fix this system is to punish schools with low grad rates for athletes. Take away scholarship numbers when they can't graduate 70% of their athletes in each sport....that will make sure Tennessee actually recruits smarter football players.

Liberals are bipolar on this subject some want to pay the players since they are so-called slaves and other liberals like at my alma mater want to destroy the whole system and go back to the 1940s with higher academic standards, less flash.

Both groups are dumbfucks because college athletes getting FREE food, clothing, books, housing, tuition, road trips, etc for playing a sport aren't slaves. Many football and basketball players are lucky to be allowed into college with their minimum GPAs/SATs, so they should shut the fuck up when they get into college and others with a B average get rejected for a normal student slot.

Oh, many idiots say we should just pay football and basketball players. Yeah, that will go over well with tennis, soccer, baseball players, etc....especially "women" athletes not getting paid. Let's not forget many schools will have to get rid of some of those other sports to pay Bubba on the football team. I'm guessing men's soccer will be cut not women's soccer because of Title 9.

The OP is a dumbfuck that is typical of the idiots pontificating about college sports with no clue. The best way to fix this system is to punish schools with low grad rates for athletes. Take away scholarship numbers when they can't graduate 70% of their athletes in each sport....that will make sure Tennessee actually recruits smarter football players.

Why should you punish schools for low grad rates, when to have a good team you obviously need players that don't belong in college in the first place? If we were talking baseball or hockey, I'd agree, but for football and basketball colleges are the de facto minor leagues. Players have no choice but to go to college, if they want a career in those sports. I can't agree that players have to take whatever they're given, when top coaches earn millions off their effort.

Idiot...some schools do recruit legit student athletes that might be B and C students despite the student body being A and B students. Those schools are UNC, Duke, Stanford, Notre Dame, etc.

Now, some schools like Kentucky openly recruit dumb athletes for men's basketball with no intent on graduating. The fix for this is to punish Kentucky when the 4-6 year period to graduate expires and the basketball player doesn't have his degree.

When Kentucky has a hardtime fielding a team with less scholarships, then they will quit taking the dumb basketball players....what a concept. :eusa_whistle:

Why should you punish schools for low grad rates, when to have a good team you obviously need players that don't belong in college in the first place? If we were talking baseball or hockey, I'd agree, but for football and basketball colleges are the de facto minor leagues. Players have no choice but to go to college, if they want a career in those sports. I can't agree that players have to take whatever they're given, when top coaches earn millions off their effort.

Idiot...some schools do recruit legit student athletes that might be B and C students despite the student body being A and B students. Those schools are UNC, Duke, Stanford, Notre Dame, etc.

Now, some schools like Kentucky openly recruit dumb athletes for men's basketball with no intent on graduating. The fix for this is to punish Kentucky when the 4-6 year period to graduate expires and the basketball player doesn't have his degree.

When Kentucky has a hardtime fielding a team with less scholarships, then they will quit taking the dumb basketball players....what a concept. :eusa_whistle:

Real nice. You'd bar people from pursuing their chosen profession because they can't meet a standard not required for the profession! That seems to infringe on one's liberty. Would you force a plumber to be college material? No, because they aren't making big bucks for the school. To eliminate people or to not let them benefit from the millions they bring in is theft of services.

Dumbfuck, each D1 school is allowed 13 scholarships for men's basketball. The NCAA has been taking away 1-2 scholarships for 1-2 years for very low graduation rates.

So what that means dumbfuck is a player or two will choose another school if their favorite school doesn't have an open scholarship for them.

You liberals show how insane you are with one group claiming "blacks" are slaves because they play football and basketball for white colleges, but then you turnaround and whine that many black athletes are at their school because of a lowered academic bar for them due to sports.

It's simple, those black athletes should be grateful my alma mater lowered the bar for them from an A- to B+ average for most students down to a C for them because they are good at football, basketball, etc. In turn they should go to class and get a degree they can attain in 4-6 years, if not my school might lose their scholarship for 1-2 years once they left town.

They get all kinds of free stuff, nice exposure for women on campus and a possible job as a pro athlete someday and my school hopefully wins the national title.....that is the deal, asswipe.

Real nice. You'd bar people from pursuing their chosen profession because they can't meet a standard not required for the profession! That seems to infringe on one's liberty. Would you force a plumber to be college material? No, because they aren't making big bucks for the school. To eliminate people or to not let them benefit from the millions they bring in is theft of services.

Last edited:
How in gods green earth did you come up with College Football players are slaves......

picard-facepalm.jpg

Forum List

Back