Do Republicans have to "trick" people when fundraising?

"this" is legislation that would squelch mailers like this. I would have thought that obvious.
So you want to outlaw political mailings like this one because old people get targeted in scams? Are you on something?

Spoken like a guy that would throw his own grandmother in a cattle car at the drop of a hat. Good call Rabbi!!:clap2::clap2:

I love it when you provide the material and all I have to do is look on in amazement.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

*le sigh* more insults, eh?

shame this whole debate thing doesn't work out for you more often.

That's generally because people do not recognize when they have failed. Whether it is ego preventing them from admitting it, or stupidity I can't say.
But when you are challenged to provide evidence that is responsive to the question, evidence that would take all of 10 minutes maybe on a Google search, and you can't, then you have pretty clearly lost the debate.
And that is where you are. You could not substantiate that the Democratic candidates gave any consideration to immigration policy during the primaries (the Republicans were beating each other up over it). Nor can you excuse the fact that after more than a year in control of the White House and Congress, and two additional years in the case of Congress, the Democrats have failed to put even the beginnings of a policy on the table.
Instead you point fingers at the Republicans, you excuse Democratic inaction, you diseemble and do anything but admit the truth.

Yeah, those Republicans were sure trying to trick folks alright.

SPECIAL NOTICE You have been selected to represent Republican Voters in ____ ____ Congressional District.

2010 Congressional District Census...Commissioned by the Republican Party...

Strengthening our Party for the 2010 Elections...As a key facet of our overall campaign strategy, the Republican Party is conducting a Census...

When finished answering...please return it along with your generous contribution...

Gee, maybe a few dumbshit Dimocrats got fooled thinking it was the official U.S. Census? LOL...even Forrest Gump would have known otherwise.

I see nothing wrong with a flyer laid out like this. So you agree that using the word Census is inappropriate.

No, I don't agree at all. The use of the word census was completely appropriate. It was clearly identified as a census of Republicans in a particular Congressional District, and it also noted "This is not a U.S. Government document." Only dimwits or Democrats - oops, sorry for being redundant - think the term census is reserved for the exclusive use of the U.S. government once every ten years.

That's generally because people do not recognize when they have failed. Whether it is ego preventing them from admitting it, or stupidity I can't say.
But when you are challenged to provide evidence that is responsive to the question, evidence that would take all of 10 minutes maybe on a Google search, and you can't, then you have pretty clearly lost the debate.
And that is where you are. You could not substantiate that the Democratic candidates gave any consideration to immigration policy during the primaries (the Republicans were beating each other up over it). Nor can you excuse the fact that after more than a year in control of the White House and Congress, and two additional years in the case of Congress, the Democrats have failed to put even the beginnings of a policy on the table.
Instead you point fingers at the Republicans, you excuse Democratic inaction, you diseemble and do anything but admit the truth.

It isn't that easy. You can cut the head off of a cocaroach and the body can move up to ten days. The trick is to stay right on you insects untill there has been no movement for sometimes over a week.

Last edited:
Defending decit, Wow just wow

hey here is some REAL truth for ya.....i deliver shit like this all day....envelopes that are made up to look like something important.....this type of "deciet" has been going on for better than 30 years.....there is nothing new here.....and here is some real breaking news for you truth.....i hope you dont have a thong on...because your going to shit when you hear this.....in the last election....the California Democratic Party sent out election crap that looked like overnight priority mail.....:eek:.....aint that horrible....people thought they was getting something important.....

Last edited:
Your arguments dont hold water because misleading people is still wrong. Yes stupid people do stupid things, but that's not what's at play here. What's at play is a group of people purposefully skirting the edge of what's legal...and failing. It doesn't take a genius to know what they were trying to do. We've all seen mailers that try to trick you into opening them because they look like something else. Credit card companies do it. The sweepstakes does it. Come on, are you telling me this is a new invention to you? Get off it.

First of all, you can look at the damn thing and see that they made the graphic design to look like a stereotypical government form - devoid of color and bland in appearance.

Second of all they used the word census. Yes, you've discussed the use of that word elsewhere, but you can't unring a bell. You can put disclaimers on there, but in the real world, what people absorb from a document is pretty random.

Third, if it's not misleading, why the hell would anyone think this issue rises to the level of needing legislation? That's a huge step. I know you're going to say it's gamesmanship/partisan but ffs, if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

Certain elements of the conservative movement have been against filling out the census for a whole host of reasons. This gums up the works...sticks a cog in the spokes of a legitimate government process.

It sucks that some conservatives want to force their opinion on people...but FFS don't mislead people by interfering with a legitimate government process. And especially don't think of yourselves as freedom fighters when you do it.

if you people knew how many mailings are out there that are deceiving on purpose,this thread would not have been started.....it just funny that it is stopped because it "looks" like an official govt mailing.....but if it is misleading in any other way....it is no big deal.....and thats a fact....i deal with these things all the time....

Your arguments dont hold water because misleading people is still wrong. Yes stupid people do stupid things, but that's not what's at play here. What's at play is a group of people purposefully skirting the edge of what's legal...and failing. It doesn't take a genius to know what they were trying to do. We've all seen mailers that try to trick you into opening them because they look like something else. Credit card companies do it. The sweepstakes does it. Come on, are you telling me this is a new invention to you? Get off it.

First of all, you can look at the damn thing and see that they made the graphic design to look like a stereotypical government form - devoid of color and bland in appearance.

Second of all they used the word census. Yes, you've discussed the use of that word elsewhere, but you can't unring a bell. You can put disclaimers on there, but in the real world, what people absorb from a document is pretty random.

Third, if it's not misleading, why the hell would anyone think this issue rises to the level of needing legislation? That's a huge step. I know you're going to say it's gamesmanship/partisan but ffs, if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

Certain elements of the conservative movement have been against filling out the census for a whole host of reasons. This gums up the works...sticks a cog in the spokes of a legitimate government process.

It sucks that some conservatives want to force their opinion on people...but FFS don't mislead people by interfering with a legitimate government process. And especially don't think of yourselves as freedom fighters when you do it.

if you people knew how many mailings are out there that are deceiving on purpose,this thread would not have been started.....it just funny that it is stopped because it "looks" like an official govt mailing.....but if it is misleading in any other way....it is no big deal.....and thats a fact....i deal with these things all the time....

If there was an inkling of any law being broken, you know Big Brother of the post office would be all over it.

If there was an inkling of any law being broken, you know Big Brother of the post office would be all over it.

The PO doesn't prosecute "inklings". Having worked there .. I doubt they would just "jump into" a case where there was the possibility of political payback.

This is getting over the top. It is clearly legal, the doc screams republican on it. There is no deceit, once again SCREAMS republican. As pointed out - 9 times. Census is not a protected word and the meaning was even posted here for all to see. There is nothing deceitful about this and the claim that there is speaks nothing short of hackery.

The 'old person' claim is offending by the way. Dou you think so little of the elderly? If they can read they can understand what this is. If they can't, well they would not be filling it out anyway!

This is getting over the top. It is clearly legal, the doc screams republican on it. There is no deceit, once again SCREAMS republican. As pointed out - 9 times. Census is not a protected word and the meaning was even posted here for all to see. There is nothing deceitful about this and the claim that there is speaks nothing short of hackery.

The 'old person' claim is offending by the way. Dou you think so little of the elderly? If they can read they can understand what this is. If they can't, well they would not be filling it out anyway!

You are an idiot and no decent representative voice of my state.

Font size and bold are the indicators of "scream" or not. The document "screams" Census. It whispers republican. We don't cotton to liars up here in Washington state.

I've answered everything I've been asked. You're in fantasy land. Have fun with that.

I've answered everything I've been asked. You're in fantasy land. Have fun with that.

You may want to try some answers that are coherent, responsive to the question, based on fact, and capable of passing the laugh test.
'Cause none of yours have yet.

Font size and bold are the indicators of "scream" or not. The document "screams" Census. It whispers republican. We don't cotton to liars up here in Washington state.

That is rather funny. If WA had a problem with liars then Gregoire would not still be around.
Before the campaign she claimed that opposition was lying and there was no deficit here.
After the campaign she was crying about the 6 billion in deficit that was created by the contracts she signed the last year.

The fact is you are either to stupid to read or (more likely) are purposefully being disingenuous because of partisan hackery. Again - look at the def of census and realize that it is a normal word and not a government holy grail.

That is rather funny. If WA had a problem with liars then Gregoire would not still be around.
Before the campaign she claimed that opposition was lying and there was no deficit here.
After the campaign she was crying about the 6 billion in deficit that was created by the contracts she signed the last year.

The fact is you are either to stupid to read or (more likely) are purposefully being disingenuous because of partisan hackery. Again - look at the def of census and realize that it is a normal word and not a government holy grail.

Really? What party would I be hackering for? I'll tell ya what I am against. That would be the christian fundimentalcases that sleazed and bullied thier way/theft into control of my families party.

You slimy fucks are all about lying and stealing. Why? I suspect that because your foundation is laughable ..that no matter what position you attempt to sell everyone including yourselves know you are clowns.

The only legitimate card you have is the fear card. Most people are afraid of death..for good reason ...but what they really are afraid of is what about that whole "after death thingy?" You morons claim to be the gatekeepers to "heaven". Sadly the morally desperate give you just enough credibility for you to get by.. again not on merit but others hedging a bet against thier own weakness and badly lived lives.

Me not so much. There is no god..there is no heaven... Whooops! There goes your whole deck of cards!

What is left after your bullshit is stripped away is just a crazy scared little piece of shit that can't face life without needing to surround itself with those even more afraid.

Can't help ya there sport. Standing up on ones own legs for one own self is something that comes from within... The first rule of nature handed out to new borns is..stand up..except for humans. We teach our new born to cry. We teach selfishness before anything else. You learned that lesson well.

How on earth can anyone be tricked when the document specifically says it's Republican and that money donated will go to the Republican party?

Then why does it say, "CENSUS ENCLOSED"?

Did it claim that it was the National Census?

They've been sending me similar forms for years. I never assumed they were an actual official census form because the census only runs once every 10 years I believe.

Really? What party would I be hackering for? I'll tell ya what I am against. That would be the christian fundimentalcases that sleazed and bullied thier way/theft into control of my families party.

You slimy fucks are all about lying and stealing. Why? I suspect that because your foundation is laughable ..that no matter what position you attempt to sell everyone including yourselves know you are clowns.

The only legitimate card you have is the fear card. Most people are afraid of death..for good reason ...but what they really are afraid of is what about that whole "after death thingy?" You morons claim to be the gatekeepers to "heaven". Sadly the morally desperate give you just enough credibility for you to get by.. again not on merit but others hedging a bet against thier own weakness and badly lived lives.

Me not so much. There is no god..there is no heaven... Whooops! There goes your whole deck of cards!

What is left after your bullshit is stripped away is just a crazy scared little piece of shit that can't face life without needing to surround itself with those even more afraid.

Can't help ya there sport. Standing up on ones own legs for one own self is something that comes from within... The first rule of nature handed out to new borns is..stand up..except for humans. We teach our new born to cry. We teach selfishness before anything else. You learned that lesson well.

A perfect example of projection.

Forum List

Back