Do Republicans have it right? Get rid of pre-existing condition protections on healthcare?

Sorry folks,

The GOP can do whatever it wants.

Clearly, they don't want to repeal ACA.

They want to repeal the Patient Protection part of the Affordable Care Act, and create a new form of health care which protects Insurance companies profit.

ACA protects insurance company profits. That was its overriding goal. That's why Republican's aren't repealing it.

Exactly how does it protect the insurance industry?

You can ask that with a straight face ?

After insurance companies were reporting record profits ?

Seriously ?

Sorry folks,

They want to repeal the Patient Protection part of the Affordable Care Act, and create a new form of health care which protects Insurance companies profit.

ACA protects insurance company profits. That was its overriding goal. That's why Republican's aren't repealing it.

Wow. Nevermind I guess. Seriously, if you don't see how getting in bed with government ensures corporate profits, I'm not sure we have enough common ground for a discussion.

Sorry folks,

Wow. Nevermind I guess. Seriously, if you don't see how getting in bed with government ensures corporate profits, I'm not sure we have enough common ground for a discussion.

I see medicare for all, providing preventative care from cradle to grave, making tobacco a schedule I drug and making sure children receive proper dental care before problems occur as a step to the future.
Sorry folks,

You can ask that with a straight face ?

After insurance companies were reporting record profits ?

Seriously ?

Post the profits, if that mean more people have health insurance do to the PPACA, that would make sense. More revenue for the industry. However, if the more people are young and healthy, I can understand, but that was not the purposed of the PPACA.

I see medicare for all, providing preventative care from cradle to grave, making tobacco a schedule I drug and making sure children receive proper dental care before problems occur as a step to the future.

You just can't admit how ACA ensures insurance company profits, can you?

Most younger people are healthy and have no pre-existing conditions yet, they are paying, via Medicare, for the elderly that do have a significant number of pre-existing conditions. IMO this is a fair compromise and a good lesson to teach younger folks. We have already seen younger people absolutely reject the Obama care mandate which made them pay for everyone even though they did not need much doctor care. Just sayin'

Last edited:
DpANshbXoAECBLM.jpg

Mapping Pre-existing Conditions across the U.S.

Trump lies about protections for those with pre-existing conditions

Trump Misleads on Preexisting Conditions - FactCheck.org

New plans in Iowa don't offer pre-existing condition protections

• The Des Moines Register reported that the Farm Bureau Federation's health coverage may reject people with pre-existing conditions. The Iowa legislature gave the Farm Bureau Federation the OK to offer the plans, which provide some protections, such as maternity, behavioral health, substance abuse and prescription drug benefits.
--------------------------------

All right. Get rid of pre existing condition protections. After all, look at where most pre existing conditions are. In Red States where the Republicans live.

That's one way to shrink that party. Let them die. That's what they want. Quit helping them.

Infant Mortality and Life Expectancy in Appalachia Versus the Rest of the US

Infant mortality is rising and life expectancy is falling in Appalachia which covers 13 mostly Red States.

Shouldn't we just let them die? Isn't that what they want?

You can't always protect Republicans from themselves. Sometimes it's best to just let them go.
Republicans are wrong – as usual.

Yes. One is voluntary, the other coerced.

Point taken. All taxes are, and taxes are lawful and so stated in Art. I of COTUS.

Right. Private businesses aren't granted the power to force people to buy their products, with the notable exception of ACA.

True, so you must support a single payer system, Medicare for all.

No, I support freedom for all. We don't need government telling us how to take care of ourselves.

We do need government to act when 100 people a day OD on opiates. Trump said so, and has done zip in them months and months since he spoke. How's that worked out for families?
He couldn’t care less

Most younger people are healthy and have no pre-existing conditions yet, they are paying, via Medicare, for the elderly that do have a significant number of pre-existing conditions. IMO this is a fair compromise and a good lesson to teach younger folks. We have already seen younger people absolutely reject the Obama care mandate which made them pay for everyone even though they did not need much doctor care. Just sayin'

It’s kind of the way things work
The elderly pay for schools they don’t use but young families use

Great example I never thought of, thanks.

People without cars still pay taxes which are used to build roads and bridges.

Great example I never thought of, thanks.

People without cars still pay taxes which are used to build roads and bridges.

Very little if any.

Most of that comes out of the gas tax you pay when you fill up your fucking car.

As for Obamacare.....nobody has addressed the fundamental problem....

$10,000 per person per year.

If that translated into road taxes, we'd be fucked.

Forum List

Back