Do Republicans hate America?

Republicans don't hate America and for the record neither do Dems. We are having a larger number of problems than the media is either ignoring or fueling and you brought up a big one Manifold. The nation is very polarized with few people willing to comprimise as of late. Meaning there is an attitude of "If you aren't for us, you are against us!"

No Reps or Dems seem to be brave enough to simply be practical lately. They are more like the sheeple most of America seems to have turned into. The masses then follow the lead of those holding political office and pull back into their party stereotypes. There is a real refusal among a vast majority, to accept that sometimes, in some ways, the other side might have a point.

Besides, after 8 years of the media tearing Bush apart you have to understand the Republicans are allowed to blow off a little steam. Bern80 is right in that statement.

Give it a couple years. Things get better and the Republican party will grumble but try to move on to a new focal point. If things don't get better though.. expect it to get a lot worse. The "I told ya-so"s are going to flood boards everywhere.

For the record I am a registered Republican.

I'm for the principals that the party was founded on. If America isn't that anymore, then it's time to move on. I will be marching on April 15th. I know many more will join me.
Why...aren't you one of the ones that gets back more than you pay in? If so, why are you marching to protect high income from being taxed?

Does it matter is she's the one being taxed or not? If you really be;ieve that all men are created equal should you just stand by and watch while you think someone is being treated unfairly?

My question would be "Do our elected representatives hate America?" As I see it, they do.

Quoted for emphasis!

Stating that you are against Bush's policies in Iraq, taxes, FISA, spying, etc is not the same as saying that you hope he fails like Rushbo did. And don't tell me that this is semantics, it isn't.

I actually wish he had suceeded and we wouldn't be in the mess we are in. If conservative policies actually worked, I would be for them. I don't think in general that they do.

I can see your point here.

I do not support President Obama's spending bill renamed an economic stimulus package. I think it is spending too much money that we simply do not have. However, I pray for his success in this matter.

I believe that there were liberals, however, who hoped Bush would fail in Iraq. Did they hate America? I was opposed to the Patriot Act, FISA, torture, wiretapping etc of the Bush Admin, but I still supported the government of the U.S. I never hoped for our failure. Nor do I today. One can be opposed to the policies of the government and still not "Hate" the country for which it stands.

Immie

You can start with any threads started by KMAN or Sinatra.

Then come back here and tell me my premise is faulty. :eusa_whistle:

And you cannot be countered with the likes of Orange_Juice, Yukon, bobo the assclown, Chris, yourself, etc??

:rolleyes:

Nobody but the whackos HOPES any President fails in his or her duty...

But believing that a President is doing wrong is not nearly the same thing... and the vast majority of us know or fully believe that Obama is doing wrong by the office and by the founding principles of this country... the vast majority of us fully believe that extreme leftism is wrong for this country by the principles this country was founded upon

I fully wish for Obama to take his head out of his ass, and for the democrat controlled congress to get their heads out of their collective asses and steer the ship by what is set forth in the constitution.... we don't think it will happen, but we do indeed wish for it to happen

So you want to take the power away from your government and give it to the corporations, who already have all the power in washington via lobbyists?

Corporations are the problem, not the government. Banks, oil companies, car companies, telephone companies spying on us, defense companies, companies going overseas, companies hiring illegals, companies not paying their fair share of taxes, companies laying people off, companies paying their ceo's $20 mill.

And you Right wing pussies want to give them more tax breaks? I say, if you aren't making it in America, you can't sell it to Americans. Fair trade, not free.

And Obama has to be careful not to break the bullshit laws the GOP put into NAFTA over the last 8 years.

Reading through many of these threads it strikes me as somewhat peculiar to see so many self-identified republicans hoping (even praying) that Obama fails miserably and that America is befallen by an economic catastrophe of never-before-seen epic proportions. Isn't the only logical conclusion that they must hate America? What other reason could they have to so desperately hope for Americans to suffer more than we've ever suffered before?

:eusa_think:

What is obvious to us is that you Democrats hate America! Want proof? You nominated and elected a Marxist into power.. A Marxist who told you along with his wife and his minister that America was nothing to be proud of.. That America needed to change. That America was the US of KKKA! Plain and simple it's you librals that hated America and voted for "CHANGE" Well you go it,, and you'll pardon the fuck out of us who don't like it and don't want it.. Next?

Last edited:
I'm for the principals that the party was founded on. If America isn't that anymore, then it's time to move on. I will be marching on April 15th. I know many more will join me.
Why...aren't you one of the ones that gets back more than you pay in? If so, why are you marching to protect high income from being taxed?

Does it matter is she's the one being taxed or not? If you really be;ieve that all men are created equal should you just stand by and watch while you think someone is being treated unfairly?
I think a more valid protest would be to refuse the tax credit...I mean, seriously...you march to relieve people of giving you a tax credit and at the same time you deposit the tax credit?

I would say that Republicans hate America as much as Obama supporters.

Obama supporters are middle class Americans. Republicans hate poor people and middle class people. Why else would they suggest that a line worker makes too much at $35 hr but it is ok for a CEO to make $20 million?

So, we sort of resent it when rich people who got a big tax break over the last 8 years cry because Obama's going to take it away.

It was you guys who wanted the Iraq war. Well, it's time to start paying for it. Or did you think you would never have to pay for it?

I can never get a Republican to answer that. When do they want to pay for Iraq?

Why else would they suggest that a line worker makes too much at $35 hr but it is ok for a CEO to make $20 million?
As soon as you find where anyone, no matter who they are or what their stripe is, actually said or wrote that, please feel free to link it here so we can all check it out.:eusa_liar:

Why else would they suggest that a line worker makes too much at $35 hr but it is ok for a CEO to make $20 million?
As soon as you find where anyone, no matter who they are or what their stripe is, actually said or wrote that, please feel free to link it here so we can all check it out.:eusa_liar:

I don't need to prove it to you. All I need to do is ask the question.

Should a line worker at GM make $35 hr plus benefits?

So do you support a maximum wage? I didn't think so.

Remember you guys were attacking unions and how much they make?

But then we realized that you weren't just attacking Unions, because unions only make up around 18% of our workforce. No, you were attacking all labor. Then once the jobs are all down south, you'll send the jobs to mexico because even southern labor makes too much. But divide and concur. They can't hit us all at once or we will hit back.

If conservative policies actually worked, I would be for them. I don't think in general that they do.
Bush didn't have, or employ, any conservative policies. Bush wasn't a conservative.

I was telling people like you this back in 2003. Why didn't you listen?:eusa_whistle:

And no matter how NON Conservative Bush was, he was more conservative than Gore or Kerry, right:cuckoo:?

Reading through many of these threads it strikes me as somewhat peculiar to see so many self-identified republicans hoping (even praying) that Obama fails miserably and that America is befallen by an economic catastrophe of never-before-seen epic proportions. Isn't the only logical conclusion that they must hate America? What other reason could they have to so desperately hope for Americans to suffer more than we've ever suffered before?

:eusa_think:

I have never heard anyone say they want "an economic catastrophe of never-before-seen epic proportions"... Who said that?

Forum List

Back