Do Republicans feel a dollar an hour is a "Good Paying Job"?

USMB Republicans have complained about how bad the Minimum Wage is.

Bain is moving another US Company to China. Even Mitt Romney has millions invested in the move. Anyone with Google knows the Bain/Romney company in Freeport has been doing very well. But it's about "profit".

It's only good business. If you pay someone 17 bucks an hour and health care but can find someone else to do the job at 99 cents an hour with no health care cost, wouldn't you do it? Republicans admire such business savvy.

Mitt Romney wants to bring immigrants here with degrees so he could help them start a business.

Immigration | Mitt Romney for President

So once Republicans have bosses with accents and don't want food stamps, will they brag about being paid a dollar an hour? I'm curious.

You have no perspective at all when you talk about it this way. How far does an Dollar go there?

Shit..............even at 7.00/hour (minimum wage) you can't really make it.

7 x 40 is 280.

280 x 4 is 1120/month. Can anyone survive on that?

At one time when I was in high school I was a grocery clerk at $1.00 an hour and was VERY glad for the job!
And like most people that start out at minimum wage worked two jobs while going to college so I could make $40/hour!
Now today my business sends me a check every month whether I work or not for equal to $40/hour.. again whether I work or not! Every month for as long as I live and do you know why??? Cause I was happy to get a $1.00 hour when I didn't know anything but wanted to learn!

Oh wow, what a success story. A dollar an hour and you were living on that and nothing else? No help from anything?

Of course not but naturally you didn't read closely!
I was in high school...dummy! But my parents couldn't afford college so I paid for my own way!
Anyone that is still stuck in a $1.00 job HAS NO BUSINESS raising a family unless his extended family KNOWS he is improving his lot in life!

ONLY LAZY people are on food stamps/taking welfare checks/ unemployment checks!
There are in my community over 1,000 jobs paying a minimum o $7/hour going unfilled!
Because people get $300/week in unemployment/free food stamps /free cell phone/ free internet... SO hell yes they don't WANT nor can afford to take the $7/hour job!
It's beneath their dignity!

what a liar.

Bain is moving another US Company to China. Even Mitt Romney has millions invested in the move. Anyone with Google knows the Bain/Romney company in Freeport has been doing very well. But it's about "profit".

It's only good business. If you pay someone 17 bucks an hour and health care but can find someone else to do the job at 99 cents an hour with no health care cost, wouldn't you do it? Republicans admire such business savvy.

Mitt Romney wants to bring immigrants here with degrees so he could help them start a business.

So once Republicans have bosses with accents and don't want food stamps, will they brag about being paid a dollar an hour? I'm curious.

You have no perspective at all when you talk about it this way. How far does an Dollar go there?

About six times as far (and considerably further where most factory workers live).

About six times as far (and considerably further where most factory workers live).
I think an iPhone costs just as much in China as in America, as long as it isn't a knockoff that is.

“The Republicans believe in the minimum wage — the more the minimum, the better.” - Harry Truman

Immigrants with degrees pretty much killed IT for Americans.

That's false.

Overbilling for jobs high schoolers can do killed entry-level IT.

$50 an hour for static HTML? That was the going rate in 2000. There's no way that was sustainable. Actual professionals can still find good jobs in IT but it's hard work and isn't an easy path to guaranteed wealth.

Do Republicans feel a dollar an hour is a "Good Paying Job"?

My mom, may she RIP, (white woman) used to chop cotton in the spring, then pick cotton in late summer, for 75ȼ a DAY. I would think my mom would consider $1.00 an hour rich man's money.

Last edited:

At one time when I was in high school I was a grocery clerk at $1.00 an hour and was VERY glad for the job!
And like most people that start out at minimum wage worked two jobs while going to college so I could make $40/hour!
Now today my business sends me a check every month whether I work or not for equal to $40/hour.. again whether I work or not! Every month for as long as I live and do you know why??? Cause I was happy to get a $1.00 hour when I didn't know anything but wanted to learn!

Just so we are clear, that $1.00 an hour is equivalent to about $8.50 per hour today.

oh a further note... my business is on track to send me $80 / hour regardless if I work or not next year!
And our business plan has based on our track record the plan to send me $200/hour in 5 years ... again whether I work or not!!!! All from having been willing to work at $1.00/hour!!!

So you are on welfare? Moocher.

Actually sounds like a pyramid scheme.

Forum List

Back