Do Republicans feel a dollar an hour is a "Good Paying Job"?

R

rdean

USMB Republicans have complained about how bad the Minimum Wage is.

Bain is moving another US Company to China. Even Mitt Romney has millions invested in the move. Anyone with Google knows the Bain/Romney company in Freeport has been doing very well. But it's about "profit".

It's only good business. If you pay someone 17 bucks an hour and health care but can find someone else to do the job at 99 cents an hour with no health care cost, wouldn't you do it? Republicans admire such business savvy.

Mitt Romney wants to bring immigrants here with degrees so he could help them start a business.

Immigration | Mitt Romney for President

So once Republicans have bosses with accents and don't want food stamps, will they brag about being paid a dollar an hour? I'm curious.

Trying to invent issues now? I suppose that is more fun than discussing some serious matters facing us already.

Bain is moving another US Company to China. Even Mitt Romney has millions invested in the move. Anyone with Google knows the Bain/Romney company in Freeport has been doing very well. But it's about "profit".

It's only good business. If you pay someone 17 bucks an hour and health care but can find someone else to do the job at 99 cents an hour with no health care cost, wouldn't you do it? Republicans admire such business savvy.

Mitt Romney wants to bring immigrants here with degrees so he could help them start a business.

So once Republicans have bosses with accents and don't want food stamps, will they brag about being paid a dollar an hour? I'm curious.

At one time when I was in high school I was a grocery clerk at $1.00 an hour and was VERY glad for the job!
And like most people that start out at minimum wage worked two jobs while going to college so I could make $40/hour!
Now today my business sends me a check every month whether I work or not for equal to $40/hour.. again whether I work or not! Every month for as long as I live and do you know why??? Cause I was happy to get a $1.00 hour when I didn't know anything but wanted to learn!

oh a further note... my business is on track to send me $80 / hour regardless if I work or not next year!
And our business plan has based on our track record the plan to send me $200/hour in 5 years ... again whether I work or not!!!! All from having been willing to work at $1.00/hour!!!

At one time when I was in high school I was a grocery clerk at $1.00 an hour and was VERY glad for the job!
And like most people that start out at minimum wage worked two jobs while going to college so I could make $40/hour!
Now today my business sends me a check every month whether I work or not for equal to $40/hour.. again whether I work or not! Every month for as long as I live and do you know why??? Cause I was happy to get a $1.00 hour when I didn't know anything but wanted to learn!

Oh wow, what a success story. A dollar an hour and you were living on that and nothing else? No help from anything?

oh a further note... my business is on track to send me $80 / hour regardless if I work or not next year!
And our business plan has based on our track record the plan to send me $200/hour in 5 years ... again whether I work or not!!!! All from having been willing to work at $1.00/hour!!!

So you are on welfare? Moocher.

Oh wow, what a success story. A dollar an hour and you were living on that and nothing else? No help from anything?

Of course not but naturally you didn't read closely!
I was in high school...dummy! But my parents couldn't afford college so I paid for my own way!
Anyone that is still stuck in a $1.00 job HAS NO BUSINESS raising a family unless his extended family KNOWS he is improving his lot in life!

ONLY LAZY people are on food stamps/taking welfare checks/ unemployment checks!
There are in my community over 1,000 jobs paying a minimum o $7/hour going unfilled!
Because people get $300/week in unemployment/free food stamps /free cell phone/ free internet... SO hell yes they don't WANT nor can afford to take the $7/hour job!
It's beneath their dignity!

47 million people on food stamps...up from 32 million when Obama took office!
AND you think that is good??

You think it is acceptable that the Obama administration is throwing people out of work while sending tax dollars overseas to hire Europeans?

You think it is wise use of tax payers money to send
- $2.6 million to make sure prostitutes in China drink less on the job.
- $1.44 million in federal funds estimating the size of the population and examining the “social milieu”
of male prostitutes in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

I mean you honestly think that is appropriate use of tax money???

What does the link have to do with your post, just asking.

There are many considerations when it comes to moving a company, wages and benefits are only a couple. I know that's a tough thing for the simple minded to understand, but that is reality.

AH... you truly are ignorant of business aren't you?

WHY would I need welfare if a company I started with MY ideas and I worked countless hours to get going and NOW I can work or not work and still get paid SINCE IT IS MY company...

WHY would I be on welfare?

Or do you think that is how businesses exist??? Welfare??

Minimum wage jobs are meant to be a stepping stone for young people to gain valuable work ethics, they aren't meant for people to raise families on. If you're fifty years old asking someone if they'd like a hot apple pie with that Happy meal, I'd say you made some pretty bad choices in your life... That doesn't mean I should be forced to subsidize your desire for higher wages by paying more for a cheeseburger. If you think you aren't making enough, find a better job... That's what responsible people do.

What a bunch of bull. But since you brought up this BS.

Are you pissed at Apple since they employ so many in China and Obama for hiring Jeffrey Immelt, the head of Obama's Jobs creation committe for sending thousands upon thousands of jobs overseas to China? Are you pissed that Obama's hold's stock in China too?

GE's new slogan should be: "Imagination At Work (In China)"

AH... you truly are ignorant of business aren't you?

WHY would I need welfare if a company I started with MY ideas and I worked countless hours to get going and NOW I can work or not work and still get paid SINCE IT IS MY company...

WHY would I be on welfare?

Or do you think that is how businesses exist??? Welfare??

It was a joke, but than again so was your entire story. You bragged that you worked for $1 an hour but you were living with your parents. Maybe your parents couldn't afford to put you through college because they were supporting a kid who was working for $1 an hour.

But since it's so simple why doesn't everyone in America just start their own business and later on collect a check for doing nothing? Then no employees will exist. We can all be business owners. We will also all be living in gingerbread houses and farting rainbows.

You raise a good point about Obama's apple stock!

In the debate Obama said "I don't look at my pension. It's not as big as yours so it doesn't take as long. I don't check it that often."

Well Obama ONCE again is full of CRAP!

Obama, you may recall, was an Illinois state senator from 1997 to 2004 before winning election to the U.S. Senate.
He is a participant in the General Assembly Retirement System in Illinois, said William Atwood, executive director of the Board of Investment, who confirmed that for us.
The Romney campaign pointed us to that pension fund’s holding in an entity that is part of Advent International. Advent has described itself as "one of the world’s most global private equity firms" and has buyout offices in 16 countries.

Atwood confirmed that the pension fund has invested $30 million in one of Advent’s limited partnerships, Advent International GPE VI-A. That partnership was organized in the Cayman Islands, Atwood said. Public filings back that up.

PolitiFact Wisconsin | Romney says Obama also has investments in Chinese companies and through a Cayman Islands trust

Pension size? From the standpoint of a public pension, Obama is well-heeled.
As president, he will receive $191,300 annually for life — win or lose in next month's election — and receives a travel allotment as well as mailing privileges. Should Obama lose, his presidential pension kicks in immediately after leaving office.
Given that the president enjoys a normal life span, the pension allotment would be worth upwards of $6 million.
The federal budget spends about $3 million annually for the four living ex-presidents. Obama also will get Secret Service protection.
In addition, Obama may be due a nice pension for the eight years he served in the Illinois Legislature as a state senator.

Illinois is infamous for its lavish pension plan for former lawmakers. A Freedom of Information Act request for Obama's pension amount submitted Wednesday to the General Assembly Retirement System of Illinois was not immediately answered, nor was a call to the Obama campaign.

But what about Romney?

It's extensively documented that Romney is, well, a rich guy. He earned untold millions —though famously circumspect about releasing tax returns — while leading private equity giant Bain Capital and has a substantial retirement plan.

His Individual Retirement Account could be worth in the neighborhood of $87 million, as documented in an extensive report from the Washington Post.

But as for a strictly public pension? Zip, zero.

Romney only served one term as governor of the Bay State and did not take a salary, so he is eligible for nothing.

Pension Envy: Who Has More

NO PENSION for Romney... Obama huge pension for LIFE from double dipping as Ill Senator and President... OVER $200,000 a year for LIFE!!!

Of course not but naturally you didn't read closely!
I was in high school...dummy! But my parents couldn't afford college so I paid for my own way!
Anyone that is still stuck in a $1.00 job HAS NO BUSINESS raising a family unless his extended family KNOWS he is improving his lot in life!

ONLY LAZY people are on food stamps/taking welfare checks/ unemployment checks!
There are in my community over 1,000 jobs paying a minimum o $7/hour going unfilled!
Because people get $300/week in unemployment/free food stamps /free cell phone/ free internet... SO hell yes they don't WANT nor can afford to take the $7/hour job!
It's beneath their dignity!

And yet, if a girl gets pregnant, Republicans want to take abortion off the table. How compassionate. Feel sorry for the rape victim but make the bitch suffer. Compassionate Conservatism.

And about your 300 a week welfare story. I'm so sick of you people lying with such bullshit. Even the candidates fought over the "work requirement" and I bet you don't even know what that is. People who lie have no dignity.

Forum List

Back