Do Religious Extremists Control America?

Because we embarrassed him on the palestinian issue and showed that he's not mr. pacifist, but he's fine with violence as long as he agrees with who's doing the violent acts.

I figure that's why.

Partly. I am humble enough to admit when I am wrong.

I abhor violence no matter who directs it...and I think you misunderstand my posts about Palestinians. I don't agree with their violent reprisals against Israel, but I understand why. Israel is not as innocent as you make them out to be.

I come across as attacking you because you guys come across to me as attacking me. It is one thing to point out when I am wrong or when we disagree, it is quite another to belittle me and insult me, which you both have done. And we end up in a vicious cycle of finger pointing and insults.

So are we done now?

Partly. I am humble enough to admit when I am wrong.

I abhor violence no matter who directs it...and I think you misunderstand my posts about Palestinians. I don't agree with their violent reprisals against Israel, but I understand why. Israel is not as innocent as you make them out to be.

I come across as attacking you because you guys come across to me as attacking me. It is one thing to point out when I am wrong or when we disagree, it is quite another to belittle me and insult me, which you both have done. And we end up in a vicious cycle of finger pointing and insults.

So are we done now?

Fair enough.

My problem with the things you said isn't disagreement, it was lack of knowledge on the subject. Now, admittedly, I have a horse in that race. And when someone espouses policies that I see as dangerous to friends, family and the group of people with whom I am identified, I think the person who is supporting these people and policies which kill jews should at least know where Israel is and know what it has done and not done and have a fair understanding of the mess that is the entire middle east. I think that is fair, don't you. As for not saying Israel ever does anything wrong, I've always said I thought some of their positions were heavy-handed. On the other hand, the double standard which is applied to Israel as opposed to other countries astounds me.

So there you go. Learn more about Israel... and not only from pro-palestinian sources. K? Or go there. Then we can talk.

As for whether we're done... stop snotting off to us, we'll be fine. ;)

Fair enough.

My problem with the things you said isn't disagreement, it was lack of knowledge on the subject. Now, admittedly, I have a horse in that race. And when someone espouses policies that I see as dangerous to friends, family and the group of people with whom I am identified, I think the person who is supporting these people and policies which kill jews should at least know where Israel is and know what it has done and not done and have a fair understanding of the mess that is the entire middle east. I think that is fair, don't you. As for not saying Israel ever does anything wrong, I've always said I thought some of their positions were heavy-handed. On the other hand, the double standard which is applied to Israel as opposed to other countries astounds me.

So there you go. Learn more about Israel... and not only from pro-palestinian sources. K? Or go there. Then we can talk.

As for whether we're done... stop snotting off to us, we'll be fine. ;)

I said it before, Israel has committed atrocities against Palestinians. Are Palestinians innocent? No. Who started the fight in the first place? Well, Palestinians were expelled from their land when Israel was established and the Israeli military has marginalized those people for decades.

I don't condone terrorism or guerilla warfare, but I understand why it exists. Until Palestinians can be recognized as a state, and have control of their own fate without Israeli pressure, the violence will escalate.

Israel will have to back off on their aggression as will the Palestinian popular forces.

Forum List

Back