Do regulations curtail job growth?

What kind of moron can honestly say regulation doesn't hurt job growth?

Without even reading any of the links supporting the idea that regulations do not hurt job growth, I would think that many regulations actually lead to job growth. When the EPA put certain environmental regulations into play, it forced companies to "invest" into new cleaner technologies which created jobs. Not saying this works all the time, but in some cases new regulations do lead to job creation. I am certain that at times in can also lead to the opposite. As Editec said, there are good regulations and bad, and they can each have a different effect. Bottom line is that not all regulations are bad.

the number of layoffs nationwide caused by government regulation is minuscule and shows no evidence of getting worse during the Obama administration.

Given the need for workplace regulation with regard to safety and appropriate work and compensation practices, the impact of regulation is justified. The few ‘extra jobs’ created in theory by curtailing regulation can’t justify increased deaths and injuries in the workplace, as will as potentially harmful goods and services sold to consumers in general.

It's a quote, from a movie.

I never liked you. You know why? You don't curse. I don't trust a man who doesn't curse. Not a "fuck" or a "shit" in all these years. Real men curse.

My dad has always said that anyone who curses regularly, doesn't have anything more intelligent to say.

That's because your dad was a dandy. Profanity is not an indicator of intelligence or aptitude.

If the only response an individual has is the repetition of the phrase "well fuck you man", he may have a point.

It is actually. If you say "fuck" in every other sentence, clearly you are inarticulate and stupid. This isn't hard to figure out.

Clearly, you are one of those idiots.

There Is No ‘Regulation Day’ to Remind Us How Much They Cost - By Iain Murray - The Corner - National Review Online
the federal government’s share of the economy to over 35 percent.
Regulations cost $1.75 trillion in compliance costs, according to the Small Business Administration.

How Much Will Proposed EPA Regulations Cost Us? - AskHeritage
Under a new 893-page proposal unveiled last week, automakers must hit a fleet-wide fuel economy average of 54.5 miles per gallon by 2025–double today’s 27.3 standard. The government says it would cost automakers $8.5 billion per year to comply, which means a spike in sticker prices of at least $2,000 to $2,800, according to official projections. Other estimates peg the added costs at $3,100, and that could go even higher. As The Wall Street Journal writes, “Vehicles that currently cost $15,000 or less will effectively be regulated out of existence.”

Need more?

Okay, that's a start. But how do you explain the Bureau of Labor's statistics? The biggest problem with your first source is that it is biased. Therefore, it likely isn't giving all of the facts.

I think what this issue needs is a meta-analysis. Only then can we get to the bottom of it.

It's not that hard to grasp.

If vast regulations, and I'm not talking about just one, b/c one rep won't put much of a dent in anything, Im talking vast regs, get enlarged too a point where you must be solvent to spend the money just to understand, let alone follow, the cost is made up in not hiring people, b/c that's the largest expense.

again

$1.75 trillion in compliance costs

Let's just listen to what actual small business owners are saying rather than what an economist is saying. Economists are often wrong...

Gov't Regulations at Top of Small-Business Owners' Problem List

Did you read the entire article? When I read it, all I could do was laugh. For their first question, they ask what the most important problem is facing small business. The number one answer is government regulation. Lack of consumer demand comes in third. Now moving on, when asked what they need to thrive in 2012, the number one answer is growth and increase in sales, not less government regulation.

This just goes to show how the idea of government regulation has been planted in the minds of business owners and many others to make them believe it is the biggest problem facing business, when in fact the biggest problem is lack of demand, with government regulation actually being a very small factor.

What you have to love is the fact that the government regulation is Obama's boogey man, yet Obama has instituted less regulations than Bush did in the same time frame. It just goes to prove it's all fear mongering from the right.

Let's just listen to what actual small business owners are saying rather than what an economist is saying. Economists are often wrong...

Did you read the entire article? When I read it, all I could do was laugh. For their first question, they ask what the most important problem is facing small business. The number one answer is government regulation. Lack of consumer demand comes in third. Now moving on, when asked what they need to thrive in 2012, the number one answer is growth and increase in sales, not less government regulation.

This just goes to show how the idea of government regulation has been planted in the minds of business owners and many others to make them believe it is the biggest problem facing business, when in fact the biggest problem is lack of demand, with government regulation actually being a very small factor.

What you have to love is the fact that the government regulation is Obama's boogey man, yet Obama has instituted less regulations than Bush did in the same time frame. It just goes to prove it's all fear mongering from the right.
Yes, all business owners have been brainwashed by Fox News to believe this.
Do you actually think that? Or are you just making shit up again?

Yes, all business owners have been brainwashed by Fox News to believe this.
Do you actually think that? Or are you just making shit up again?

Is that poster a fellow small business owner? Somehow I seriously doubt it. lol! :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back